Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 21 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Kabir’s full profile.
I have one life, I will make the best of it.
Besides working as a lawyer in Bombay, i love socializing with people from anywhere and love to know their philosophy, ideas and general stuff whenever given an opportunity. I am relaxed, outgoing, deep thinker, conversationalist, regular funny guy.
Law of the Garbage Truck.
One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us.
My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us.
My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly.So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy could almost ruin your car and sent us to the hospital!'
This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'
He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment.As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally.Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on.
Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day.
Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets,
So ... Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.
Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Meeting people from different cultures without having any preconceived notions or stereotypes. Sharing and exchanging travel stories, philosophies, cultures and friendship.
My India: India can’t be instantly appreciated, nor can she be rushed, she will reveal herself in her own time, she will move at her own pace. You can’t demand from her nor hurry her along. India is magical, baffling, confusing and unfathomable and frustrating. She is captivating and beguiling, fascinating, awe inspiring but most of all, enchanting. She is the land of the living oxymoron. Her features are multifaceted. She is a cruel mistress yet she will bewitch and tease and lure you with her endless charms. She will test and she will provoke. When she is working with you, she is an unstoppable force, when the time isn’t right, she will leave you hovering indeterminately. You can’t fight her or demand an outcome, one merely has to accept her, love her and see where her journey takes you.
People, culture, food, love, passion, history, mannerism, languages, accents, traveling and random acts of kindness.
- bollywood dancing
- world politics
- watching films
- interesting conversations
- nature lover
- progressive politics
- cafe hopping
Music, Movies, and Books
Music i love bollywood and quite open to other forms or styles of music if you can introduce me to.
Movies: I like all kinds of movies including comedy, horror, action, documentary, adult entertainment, war movies, zombies, romantic and non-fiction.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Conversations!! nothing can beat that, meeting people of different cultures and introducing them to my city, local places, friends and food is just amazing.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you to cross the busy streets of Mumbai, boarding the local trains, make you eat street food, couple of bollywood dance moves and movies. I can share a bit of my life and experiences with couch surfers.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Besides making them comfortable, share my ideas on India, religion, travel, current affairs, politics, cooking lessons, positive vibes and being a friendly figure to travelers in my city. Well I can tell you interesting criminal, divorce and domestic violence cases from my work experience and I must tell they are interesting, shocking and fun.
Here's a list of things to do around Mumbai :
1. Gateway of India (Colaba)
2. Taj Hotel (Colaba)
3. Not recommended by me but if you are rich man/women and can pay by check: Leopold cafe and cafe Mondegar(Colaba)
4. Food at Bademiyan and after 9pm beer at Gokul.(Colaba)
5. Bombay High Court(Fort)
6. CST railway station
7. Chowpatty beach
8. Ncpa at nariman point from where you can see Queen's necklace.
9. Dhobi ghaat (Mahalaxmi station)
10. Siddhi Vinayak temple (Prabhadevi)
11. Banganga Tank (Malabar hill)
12. Hanging garden (Malabar hill)
13. Prince of wales museum (Fort)
1. Carter Road (Bandra)
2. Bandstands (Bandra)
3. Candies food joint (Bandra)
4. Mount Mary Church (Bandra)
5. Juhu Beach ( Juhu)
6. Khane Khas food joint (Bandra)
7. Linking Road
10. Lokhandwala complex (shoppers paradise and where i stay)
11. Global Pagoda ( Goria)
12. Borivali National park (Borivali)
List of prices for a traveler who would love to know in Mumbai:
1. Minimum cost of bus ride = 10-35 rupees
2. Rickshaw(tuktuk) is minimum fare Rs: 18/23 for first 1.5 kms.
3. Taxi(non-a/c) minimum fare Rs: 27
4. Uber and Ola taxis are available as well.
5. Local trains are very cheap and it wont cost more than Rs:20 for a long distance journey. Mumbai has 3 train lines as they are Western,Central and Harbour.
List of Junk food in Mumbai :
1. Pav bhaji Rs: 70-180
2. Vada Pav Rs: 15-20
3. Grill Sandwich Rs: 60-150
4. Momos Rs: 80-160
5. Coffee at cafe's Rs: 80-180
6. Butter chicken Rs: 150-450
7. Panner tikka masala Rs: 150-420
8. Panner butter masala Rs: 150-420
Alcohol is expensive in Mumbai as it adds 25% tax with VAT 12.5% and at some places service charges may apply.
Recommended beer in Mumbai :
King fisher mild, Carlsberg, Budweiser, Carona, Fosters and Tuborg .
Accommodation for travellers if you don't wanna stay with host :
1. Indian guest house(Colaba area)
2. Delight guest house(Colaba area)
3. Salvation army(Colaba area)
4. Anjali inn guest house(Andheri area)
5. Lawrence hotel(Fort area)
6. Travellers inn Guest house(Fort area)
7. Sea Shore hotel ( Colaba area)
8. Bentley hotel (Churchgate area)
Few nice bars in Mumbai :
BSE, Gokul, Leopold, Mondegar, Universal Cafe, Irish Cafe and Marine Bar (Colaba)
Irish Cafe, Social, Zoe Cafe Hard Rosk Cafe, BSE ( Lower Parel)
BSE, Bonobo, Socials, Eddie, Janta, Daily, Elbo and 20 more (Bandra)
BSE, Glocal Junction, Little Door, Opa, Copa, Socials, West Side Inn, Hymus,Tap and 20 more (Andheri).
Countries I’ve Visited
Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In
India, Singapore, United Arab Emirates