Maybe Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login about 3 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see James’s full profile.
PLEASE READ FIRST!!!!!
I only accept friend requests from people who i have met more than once and actually consider my friends.
As you can see, we love hosting people and we do so quite often. Unfortunately, we decline many of the couch requests we receive, because they do not follow these simple guidelines:
1) Everyone in your group needs profiles or you need to be sharing a profile that describes each person. Please include your group members profile links or make it easy to find them.
IF YOU EVER WRITE "me and my friend" without a cs profile link or a good explanation, YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REJECTED!!!!
2) Please share with me why you are coming to Stockholm and why you have decided to send me a request over the other 300 active hosts in Stockholm
3) Please acknowledge that you have read my profile, house rules, and roommate situation and you have no problem with following our rules, (especially the part about leaving the apartment when i do very early in the morning.)
4) If you are flying to Stockholm, it is important to tell me which airport you are arriving at and at what time. If you are arriving by boat, i would like to know the name of the Cruise Line you are using and what time you will arrive at the port. If you are coming by train or car, what time you will arrive in Stockholm? i would also like to know when/how you will be leaving. If you are hitchhiking, what city/town/direction will you be coming from? These things are important because it helps both you and me to know how long it will take you to arrive here.
i am not a free hotel, and neither am i your mother. Otherwise, i am generally a nice person, though i tend to work too much.
PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT! I am the CS ambassador. I feel responsible for all the hosts in Sweden, so if you trouble any of them, you will no longer be welcome in this network.
i'm just trying to past the time, from birth to death, without hurting anyone.
just your typical carbon based life form, trying make sense out of my existence. Try to imagine a guy who has lived in Hawaii for all his life, who suddenly moved to Sweden and has lived here for the last 14 years...
i appreciate the simple things in life and appreciate the company of genuine people.
And yes, i have ZERO tolerance for those who would take advantage of other people.
Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours- Richard Bach
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I'm here to help break down barriers, one couch at a time.
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
i mainly host and meet up with travellers to show them the less touristy side of Sweden.
i have been a Hawaii city and US country amb, nomadic amb, a country amb for Sweden, Örebro city amb and am currently a CS ambassador .
DIY, scavanging, conservation biology, nature, photography, sunsets, moon rises, massage, kavakava, food, beer, wine, meeting people, chess, archery, kayaking, bouldering, backpacking, hiking, camping, Lapland, old viking/iron age ruins and urban exploration.
I also play various mindless computer/online games like Minecraft, Roblox and Pokemon Go
Last, but not least, my electric longboard!
Music, Movies, and Books
i like Indie and Foreign films, documentaries, silly movies, and anything that takes my mind off reality.
all types of music, especially music that can be played around a campfire, folk, indie/alt
my eyes are going bad but i like travel/nature/science books. one of my favorite books is Illusions by Richard Bach
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
lava surfing anyone?
Teach, Learn, Share
i used to (and maybe can still) teach: chess, survival skills, CouchSurfing skills, real estate investing, scavenging, and being one with nature.
i am very interested to learn about plants and animals and picking mushrooms. i would also like to learn swedish folk dances.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I always bring lots of Aloha. Sometimes i have kavakava. I am happy to cook, wash dishes, and do some handiwork around the house.
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Sweden, United States