Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 3 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Kevin’s full profile. It’s free!
Working towards being debt free by August 2018 while finding time to enjoy the backcountry
In my spare time I snowboard, rock climb, ride my bike, hike, play in lakes & streams, read books, study languages and check out art installations.
I am married to my best friend Tomasa del Carmen (link to her profile here: https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/princesatomy).
I enjoy hosting because I like to feel as if I am traveling myself and learn from my guests. I also know what it is like to travel on a budget and to find good hosts while on the road. Unfortunately I won't be able to host well into the end of the year.
I surf because some of the strongest, most fulfilling relationships I have ever had were in someway linked to Couchsurfing. I could stay in a nice hotel with all of the ostentatious amenities I could ever ask for but I'd rather build memorable relationships instead.
Enough of this "About Me", let's meet for tea!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
-I have hosted more than five hundred people (CS & non-CS) over a ten year period.
-I have organized dozens of CS events on three continents.
-I was once a Couchsurfing Ambassador for Orlando (U.S.A.) & Sabaneta (Colombia)
Some of the strongest, most fulfilling relationships I have ever had were in someway linked to Couchsurfing.
Getting outdoors, languages, cultural exchange and the arts. More details when we meet in person.
Music, Movies, and Books
A list of some books I am reading: www.goodreads.com/kevinpost
Favorite movies and music will have to wait until we've met in person!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Expanded my comfort zone.
Teach, Learn, Share
I love learning languages. Learning other languages is a tool for emancipation.
If you are able to teach me more technical aspect of alpinism/mountaineering you are guaranteed a place to crash or at least dinner on the house.
I want to learn your perspective.
I can teach you English and Spanish.
I can teach you how to write really good Couchsurfing requests.
I can teach you the basics of rock climbing and having fun in the backcountry.
I can teach you how to snowboard.
What I Can Share with Hosts
• I buy groceries & prepare meals for my host as a small appreciation for having me in their home. I always make an effort to take them out for dinner or tea if they have time for it.
• I give my hosts peace of mind that I am an independent traveler and will not significantly disrupt their daily routines.
• Spending time with my hosts is a top priority. I am not looking for free accommodations, I am looking to share knowledge, stories & experiences.
• I can bring beverages, foods, goods and services from the United States upon request in advance. No guarantees of course.
• I most certainly will return the favor (host) when visiting where I live.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Germany, Iraq, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Colombia, Ecuador, United States