Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 22 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Kevin’s full profile. It’s free!
Take the Tömer at Ankara Üniversitesi, Turkey
I travel for outdoor activities, rekindling/making relationships, linguistic, cultural and educational purposes. Museums and monuments can wait; I'd rather participate in more sportive or arduous activities.
I am married to my best friend Tomasa del Carmen (link to her profile here: https://www.couchsurfing.com/users/892838/profile)
I host because I like to feel as if I am traveling myself. I also know what it is like to travel on a budget and to find a good host.
I surf because some of the strongest, most fulfilling relationships I have ever had were in someway linked to Couchsurfing. I could stay in a nice hotel with all of the ostentatious amenities I could ever ask for but I'd rather build memorable relationships any day.
I am at a time in my life when I feel emancipated. I no longer have a job I hate, tied to a desk in a florescent lit cubicle.
If you have any further questions, let's meet for tea!
"I don't intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death." -Unknown
"Seek not after immortal life, but exhaust the fullness of the present." -Albert Camus
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
-I have hosted hundreds of people (CS & non-CS)
-I have organized dozens of CS events on three continents
-I surf for cultural exchange & insight
-I was once a Couchsurfing Ambassador for Orlando (U.S.A.) & Medellín (Colombia)
The strongest, most fulfilling relationships I have ever had were in someway linked to Couchsurfing.
breathing fresh air. rock climbing. hiking. swimming in streams/lakes/ponds/springs. snowboarding. skiing. SUP. kayaking. cycling. mountain biking.
Want to learn Turkish at the moment. Will eventually work on my Farsi, French & Portuguese.
musicals (theater). art installations. concerts. multimedia. nomadic museums. architecture. minimalism. rustic. manifestations. propaganda. screen print. book binding. abandoned urbanization. calligraphy. collaboration.
Music, Movies, and Books
Ask me in person.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Expanded my comfort zone.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach rock climbing, English and Spanish.
I want to learn Turkish, yoga, cooking/baking and obtain my Wilderness EMT & mountain guide certifications. I really want to go back to school to obtain a degree.
What I Can Share with Hosts
• I buy groceries & prepare meals for my host as a small appreciation for having me in their home. I always make an effort to take them out for dinner or tea if they have time for it.
• I give my hosts peace of mind that I am an independent traveler and will not significantly disrupt their daily routines.
• Spending time with my hosts is a top priority. I am not looking for free accommodations, I am looking to share knowledge, stories & experiences.
• I can bring beverages, foods, goods and services from the United States (Florida) upon request in advance. No guarantees of course.
• I most certainly will return the favor (host) when visiting where I live.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, France, Germany, Iraq, Italy, Peru, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Colombia, Ecuador, United States