Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 9 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Laetitia’s full profile.
***** Currently residing in Australia, NOT in Paris. :) *****
***** Fully vaccinated *****
Seasoned hitchhiker on the country roads of motherland France and beyond. Former city lurker, redempted club kid, now part-time financier part-time bear wrangler. I thought Paris was home for a long time, until it was not. So, I left two years ago, with the goal in mind to experience as many ways of living as possible in my limited lifetime - and it has been a hell of a ride ever since!
Dear potential guests: I reopened my CS account on September 2020 I believe, and have not been home since. Should settle down in a major Australian city within the next 4 months, and be open to hosting boys and girls.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Because people make the place - so, why not meet the people?
- live music
- urban exploration
- urban cultures
- eating pastries
- novels and fictions
- indie movies & movie theaters
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: have me listen to your best drum'n'bass, your finest salsa, your free jazz "coups de coeur", and whatever else may cross your mind.
Movies: to only mention one, Ladj Ly's "les Misérables" (2019) about police violence in Paris inner cities.
Books: gonzo journalism (Crews, Wolfe, ...), Russian literature (Москва-Петушки) or pretty much anything stamped NRF Collection Blanche.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Having a night picnic on the rooftop of an abandonned soviet military base in countryside Georgia.
- Jumping off a plane at 4000m height in pre-war Odessa, Ukraine.
- Standing on the bulwark of an ancient city amid a desert storm in Jaisalmer, India.
- Finding my first overnight sailboat ride in northern Crete, Greece. Three crew, one night, thousands of stars. Ahoy!
- Meeting indigenous people in the jungle of Darien, Panama. They did steal the gas of our pyrogue, but we made it back somehow.
- Hitchhiking alone from the U.S East coast to the West coast and back. Five months and a half on the road, travelling thousands of miles and meeting the most extraordinary people in god-forsaken places. Thank you U.S.A, for being great in spite of it all.
- Couchsurfing in the "barrios populares" of southern Lima, Perú.
- Seeing toucans flying over Maya temples in Tikal, Guatemala. These birds look goddamn awesome.
- Being "hosted" for a night in a jail cell near Salta, Argentina.
- Crashing extravagant cholet wedding parties in El Alto, Bolivia. Beer-fueled madness in the kingdom of polleras!
- Seeing shooting stars splitting the sky above the Amazon, Brazil.
- Toiling for months in a remote town of Western QLD, Australia - "outback" land of cattle, mullets, ginormous toads and roo shooters creeping in the bush. 10/10 would go down to the pub and get shitfaced again.
Grateful for everything that happened, and what is yet to come.
Teach, Learn, Share
Teaching: I am no role model, but I can teach you some about the French "art de vivre" (idiom, food, etiquette) if you have interest in it. I also can share my limited take on the countries I have visited- with plenty of anecdotes and advice, if you want them.
Learning: tell me about your country and yourself, the good and the bad. Let's gain some wisdom out of this!
Share: the very essential beers, figs (I love figs), laughs and the also-very-essential house chores if we happen to live together for a moment in time.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Dear potential hosts: I do not think I am a bad person. I wash the dishes, share the food I buy, shower everyday if available, can leave the house if you don't want me there. I'll try my best to make sure we have a good time together. In return, you should know:
- Timing is important to me. If you had a change in plans and cannot meet/host/want me to leave early/..., please let me know about it.
- I will not reply to single men living in remote locations, and prefer not to meet up with naturist people (men or women).
- If we happen to meet and I do something wrong, just say it so I can fix it!
Ofc, I will be looking forward to meeting you all. Un abrazo.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, India, Italy, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Poland, Romania, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Suriname, Turkey, Ukraine, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, England, France, Germany, Serbia