- 96% response rate
- Last login about 5 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Rainer’s full profile.
Like to help
Alles, wirklich alles???? Lieber nicht.
Really everything - NO!
Find something on / Ein paar Sachen stehen auf
and on / und auf
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Als Host und Surfer
Only very nice surfers and hosts.
Wandern, Klettern, Berge, (Modell-)Eisenbahnen, klassische Musik
hiking, climbing, mountains, classical music, (model and historical railroads)
- classical music
- outdoor activities
- rock climbing
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Vieles in den Bergen, meine erste Hüttennacht, die verschiedenen (wenn auch bescheidenen) "Hi-Lites" meines alpinen Werdegangs, aber auch meine Mitwirkung an verschiedenen Konzerten (wenn auch nur als kleiner Chorsänger) wie z.B. Carmina Burana, Mozart- Requiem, Haydn- Schöpfung....
Lots of experiences in the mountains, my first night in a mountain hut, several (even humble) "Hi-Lites" of my alpine cv, my contribution to classical concerts (only as a choir singer) i.e. Carmina Burana, Mozart- Requiem, Haydn- "Creation"....
Teach, Learn, Share
I can show you a lot about rock climbing, hiking, and any outdoor activity apart from alpine skiing.
What I Can Share with Hosts
A room in a flat with a beautiful view over the whole city,
SOME GENERAL ADVICE:
1. Enhance your chances for an acceptance by a complete profile - I would like to know who I host.
2. Just ask yourself why you choose ME as a host. If you are still of the opinion that I am the right host, than write why. This is not the "for free variant" of AirBnB. Once I read: "I want to drink at Volksfest until counciouslessness, and need a cheap place to stay". Hopefully this was the last time.
AND SOME STUTTGART (SPECIAL) ADVICE:
Stuttgart seems to be a favourite target for couch surfers. Even if there are more couch hosts than in other cities of the same size, nobody can accept all couch requests.
0. There is a Group for emergency couch seekers: https://www.couchsurfing.com/groups/911-stuttgart-emergency-couch
1. Also take into account that there are several cities aroud Stuttgart, especially if you travel by car. The 5 counties around Stuttgart have 4 times the inhabitants (and hosts) like Stuttgart- and finding a parking place in Stuttgart is sometimes a challenge. From the place around Stuttgart better use the S-Bahn to the city.
2. Avoid the overcrowding times when Volksfest or Frühlingsfest are running. You will find the exact dates at http://cannstatter-volksfest.de/ and http://stuttgarter-fruehlingsfest.de/ (Unless you intend to attend those "bulk drinking and eating-overpriced-chicken" events. In this case also consider to surf in or around Esslingen and Waiblingen. The S-Bahn will bring you to the Volksfest location)
3. If you visit Stuttgart just for tourist purposes, you are also kindly asked to avoid the last three weeks of October. At this time, every place is needed for beginner students, there are ca. 7000 students that did not find a room in time.
Enjoy a beautiful time in Stuttgart,
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Canada, India, Italy, Morocco, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Venezuela
Countries I’ve Lived In