Maybe Accepting Guests
- 88% response rate
- Last login about 11 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Larry’s full profile. It’s free!
Enjoy everyday and travel the world.
I am told I am funny and very out going. I love adventure and anything new. I am down to earth and very easy to get along with. I always try to see the positive side of things.
Montezuma's Castle with my kids
I love being a Dad ;)
Find me on TripHopping.com, the rideshare site! http://www.triphopping.com/people/Landshark3
"You can't stop the waves, so you might as well learn to Surf"
Apache Prayer and what I wish for every Surfer:
May the sun
bring you new energy by day.
May the moon
softly restore you by night.
May the rain
wash away your worries.
May the breeze
blow new strength into your being.
May you walk
gently through the world and know
its beauty all the days of your life.
Beautiful Sedona Background
The 16 things I've learned about life:
1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved and never will achieve its full potential, that word would be "meetings."
3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
5. You should not confuse your career with your life.
6. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
7. Never lick a steak knife.
8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers.
13. A person who is nice to you but rude to a waiter is not a nice person (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)
14. Your friends love you anyway.
15. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
16. Men are like fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to the women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with. ;)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I want make sure anyone that comes to Arizona enjoys there time here and gets to see it's beauty.I love being able to host and show my small area in this world. I want to make it clear, for me this is not a popularity contest. I am not trying to host the most, get the most friends or post etc.. I host to show the beauty of Arizona and hopefuly help my guest have a great time. I surf to enjoy friends from all over the world and see there area. I do this because I love it and not trying to win anything.
With CSers (friends) on a trip I put together in the Sping of 08. Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon with 45 surfers. One of the best trips of my life and such cool people.
This state has so much to offer.
Julien's couch with Ingrid in Santa Monica was my first couch, it was right on the beach, where better to surf right ;)I have surfed other couches since then and always have a great time. I have hosted over 150 people and have even hosted 17 people in one night and they all had a bed :) I have ended up on many couches just by chance and at the last minute, while traveling and invited to stay there. I think it is always more fun than sitting in a hotel alone.
A night out with friends Ingrid, Kristin, Myself and Vivian
My Kids ;) Art(anykind), painting and airbrushing, Meeting people, traveling anywhere. Wood Carving (new hobbie), Just about any extreme sport or outdoor sport, I love riding my motorcycle and going on road trips.
This is not a fake or photo shoped Picture. This is from a profesional photographer taking photos when I was at the Grand Canyon with my kids. He asked if he could take some pictures, I said yes and signed his forms. The kids and I made the cover of a few travel magazines and the weekly reader :)
It was great for them when all there school mates saw it. I felt very honered to be part of representing Arizona
- body care
- outdoor activities
- road trips
Music, Movies, and Books
I love all kinds of music.
The Kids as KISS for Halloween
My Kids love Rock music LOL ;)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
There is no better feeling than charming a whole village, town, borungy, of people and knowing they won't forget you.
Kayaking a river in Bohol Philippines with 2 of my brother, do back flip off a swinging bamboo bridge into the river, ride a water buffalo, rappelling from a 150' bridge into a river, traverse a waterfall and jump from a 80' cliff into a waterfall all in the same day!
Teach, Learn, Share
Always be aware of everything when traveling. It's easy to get into a moment, enjoying the new sights and beauty of where you are and that's when you become a target / victim. Almost every place I have been to has a scam. Usualy when you first get there and your unsure of cost for things. It could deal with transportation, hotel prices or even just the market for food or gifts. I suggest always try amd meet a local to help you the first few days of any new place like this, they know what everything should cost. Just think smart and be safe and most of all enjoy the friendly people you meet on your trip.
Monument Valley, Arizona Background
Countries I’ve Visited
Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Philippines, Taiwan, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In