Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 2 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Martin’s full profile.
In setting up this profile, I asked my good friend David for some help. Here is what he wrote:
"This is Martins friend David. I am writing his profile. I feel like I know him very well. We have travelled through Europe together for 4 months and as I write this he has currently been crashing at my place in London for about 2 weeks.
Martin infuriates me because he is such a good person. No matter the situation he is always fun. No matter what happens he is always happy, always positive. He literally makes me angry because he makes me feel like I am a complete cunt. He also takes a genuine interest in everything, he is a genius at IT, can speak to anyone about anything from Norwegian politics to The Whispers greatest hits, he knows how to play the guitar kind of, takes a genuine interest in all sports
Now its not all good.
There are some things about Martin that are annoying"
# PHILOSOPHY #
Everyone has their own stories, experiences and lessons.
Listening is key.
Patience is vital.
If someone doesn't know something, it's not because they're stupid, but because they know more than you about something else.
Being 'weird' is a wonderful trait.
Things always have a way of working themselves out. (Refer to point 3.)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Couchsurfing has been, and continues to be, a incredible way to travel. I have only really gotten more into it about half way through my trip in Brasil and I don't think I can travel any other way.
The human interactions that are created from CS is something beautiful and the world needs more of. There is respect, kindness and an openness to everything. I try to extend those values as being a Couch Surfer.
• Learning about the world and my place in it
• Music - popular, disco, Argentine folk, playing music, going to live gigs, etc etc
• IT - I work in this field and enjoy reading/learning about it.
• Learning languages - I'm not very good at this one, but I love to try and speak your language.
• F1 - A sport I've only recently gotten into but thoroughly enjoy. Crosjean fan.
• Bullet points - most concise way of expressing yourself. That or drawing a picture.
• People - everyone has their own stories, background, history and dreams.
• Dogs - I rarely walk past a dog in the street without patting it.
- live music
Music, Movies, and Books
• Books - Currently reading: Triumph of the City - Edward Glaeser
• TV - Currently watching: The Newsroom
• Music - Album of the month: La Dulzura - Cultura Profetica
• Movies - Most recently watched: Rambo First Blood 2.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Some of my favourites:
• trekking to Machu Pichu. We spent 4 day's trekking the Andes
• getting from Peru to Argentina involving boats, busses, trucks and amazing scenery over 2 days.
• Hitchhiking from Brasilia to Belo Horizonte over the course of a 2 days and meeting extraordinary people
• Paraglide with my best mate Davey in Malta
• Hitch hiking and working as crew on sail boats to get from Brazil to the Carribean
Teach, Learn, Share
This one is my favourite. Personally, I love to learn and the nice thing from travelling around the world, meeting different people: - everyone one has their own special skills or lessons to teach.
I also really enjoy teaching people english or spanish. So if you want to practice and don't mind being corrected, I'm the man for you.
What I Can Share with Hosts
• Experience and stories from working at an Investment bank, Hewlett Packard and at an online start-up
• Plenty of laughter.
• Lame Jokes
• Food. I like to eat and cook.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Qatar, Spain, Uruguay
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Italy, Netherlands