Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 2 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Maurow’s full profile.
I am a Wellbeing Trainer (Positive Psychology Researcher and Practitioner), Tantric Poet, Professor and Business Consultant... I have fallen in love with myself due to Tantra, to feel the connection within me and its power for happiness. lam an easy going guy who loves meeting nice people, knowing places, emotions, flavors and cultures. I love when I get in the middle of the dayly basis in a city or town, when I stop being the tourist and I start being the citizen. I am a big fan of food, meditation, music and movies. I have a strong academic background as an engineer, marketer and organizational development consultant and orange economy enthusiast. My Instagram @MaurowFeliz. About hosting, I prefer to host for two nights. If you have no references at least add your social networks and a good request!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I'm on Couchsurfing because I love the idea of meeting people and make a cultural background being the host or the visitor.
Travel, yoga, tantra, music, food, movies, art, modern literature, nature.
- cultural studies
Music, Movies, and Books
I love all the 90's music, electronic music and indie; about movies, I am a big fan of asian movies where color takes the lead and make a really striking aesthetic. My favorite directors are Kim Ki-duk, Wong Kar-wai, Christoffer Boe, Pedro Almódovar, Krzysztof Kieślowski and Ciro Guerra, according to that you can get an idea about the movies I enjoy the most! About books I love novels with a link with existencialism, good examples are J. M. G. Le Clézio and García Márquez.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Watching a sunset in Taganga
- Playing beachvolley in Puerto Vallarta
- Sailing a whole day in the Colombian Caribbean
- Playing soccer with poor communities all day after giving them away some shirts of the colombian soccer team.
- Being translator for doctor Peter Burke with his conference 'Contexts of Knowledge'
- Having a Pizza Day in NYC finding the holy grial of Pizzas...
- Being a Harvard Boy for a Day
- Being a Columbia University Boy for a Day
- Spending a New Year's Eve in Rio de Janeiro
- Dancing with myself my best Bossa Nova songs in Rio
- Having a picnic in Buenos Aires with Hogao and Patacones
- Being a real Acapulco party boy for five days
- Partying for a week in Acapulco celebrating a Birthday
- Present my Happiness research at Universidad Católica de Chile
Teach, Learn, Share
I consider education as the way to get a more sensitive and autonomous society, that's why I am a professorand I choose my friends not due to their status, money or possesions... I choose them because their skills to share and learn together.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Only hosting on weekends! Well I am an eater, so I can take them to the best places in town or cook together. You can always expect Mimosas or Bellinis for brunch at weekends or a nice glass of Champagne in a hot evening. We can share our thoughts about happiness, emotions and mindfulness. I am also a fitness guy so I can share my routine or design a new one for you. I am convinced that if you want to know my city you will know not just the fancy staff, you also will get the real society within Medellín.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Aruba, Brazil, England, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, United States, Uruguay
Countries I’ve Lived In
Brazil, Colombia, Mexico