Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 14 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Marcus’s full profile. It’s free!
Make the best of the lifetime given to me
I'm an easy-going Brazilian guy, addicted to traveling as most couchsurfers are. I love to meet new people and exchange experiences.
- Why not?
- Live and let live.
- Love in freedom is the only possible kind of love.
- Change as a rule. Nothing lasts forever.
- Passion makes us grow.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I host people much more than I surf. Sometimes I travel with fellow couchsurfers. I usually take part in CS meetings.
I have hosted some very interesting people in Brasilia, Dakar and Berlin, people who enriched so much my life and my view of life. Some of them turned into very good friends.
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: blues, jazz, rock and roll, rap, samba, traditional Brazilian country music. Among so many others, my favorites include: Muddy Waters, Johnny Winter, BB King, Louis Armstrong, Chet Baker, Billie Holiday, Lester Young, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Dire Straits, Massive Attack, Portishead, The Cardigans, Paulinho da Viola, Cartola, Vinicius de Morais, Racionais MCs, Milton Nascimento, Tião Carreiro e Pardinho.
Books: I prefer noir literature, criminal or spy stories, magical realism and poetry, but I read pretty much anything. My favorites include Dashiell Hammett, John Le Carré, Rubem Fonseca, Frederick Forsyth, Raymond Chandler, Marcos Rey, Jacques Prevert, Cecilia Meireles, Fernando Pessoa, Bioy Casares, Cortázar, Mario Quintana.
Movies: In general, I like noir films from the 40's and 50's (especially with Bogart), Dogme 95 movies, Tarantino, detective stories, intelligent action movies, spy stories. My favorites include the Godfather trilogy, Goodfellas, the Maltese Falcon, O Invasor, Pulp Fiction, La Haine, Linha de Passe, Boleiros, Blues Brothers, Der Himmel über Berlin, Memento, Irreversible, Scarface, Taxi Driver and so many others.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Among other things:
- Seeing elephants playing with water on a beach in Gabon
- Getting drunk in a floating little bar in the Amazon river
- Experiencing Nowruz in Yazd in the house of an Iranian family and visiting the Temple of Fire
- Being chased by police in Madrid with a bunch of Chinese illegal immigrants
- Doing an amazing campervan trip with my sister along a big part of the Australian coastline
- Partying + karaokeing in Vietnam with members of the Vietnamese Communist Party during a VCP Congress
- Visiting the Route des Esclaves in Benin and the Maison des Esclaves in Senegal (big emotional experience)
- Tour of the Pyongyang breweries
- Spent with my wife part of our honeymoon in a tiny fisherman village in Madagascar
- Extensive bar hopping (where possible, of course), in almost every city and town visited!
Teach, Learn, Share
I want to learn whatever it is you want to teach me, as long as it doesn't involve shrimp (I'm allergic) or chocolate (I really don't like it). I don't know much about life, but my stories are good!
Countries I’ve Visited
Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Hungary, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Laos, Latvia, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sudan, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Brazil, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Libya, Senegal