Maybe Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login 2 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Son’s full profile.
DISCLAIMER: I had a near-death experience in Bali, then I realised that my life is short and my time is so limited. Therefore, I prefer not to worry much and would love to spend time with the right people on Couchsurfing. For hanging out, I am not interested in either big-group-and-loud parties or shallow conversations :D.
In your couch request, please show me that you already read "my home" section :)
TOP REASONS TO HANGOUT WITH ME:
1. Always have some fantastic ideas in mind (where to go/what to eat), love to make plans for everything - I'm an outgoing thinker/planner :).
2. Curious, inquisitive and engage you in any topics that we could both learn from each other (my curiosity is powerful).
3. An active listener, ask questions to learn more about YOU as a person.
TOP REASONS TO BE MY GUESTS:
1. Help you plan out the optimal travel itineraries, give suggestions on authentic local foods and less touristy travel destinations according to your interest :).
2. On weekdays, we can have dinner together and engage in interesting conversations afterwards.
3. On weekends, try my best to hang out/take you around.
TOP REASONS TO BE MY HOST:
1. Clean, polite and professional.
2. Willing to help out as much as I can (with the house chores, cleaning, cooking,etc...) and give you a treat from my country.
3. An aspiring singer who loves to sing and helps you fall in love with music :).
KEY WORDS TO DESCRIBE ME:
Curious, clever, outgoing, open-minded, direct, independent, perceptive, love to open for new ideas, try new things, experiences.
A strange blend of extrovert and introvert, intellectual and simple, outgoing and reserved, imaginative and practical, idealistic and down-to-earth.
1. Travel around the world (following this sequence: Asia, Europe, Middle East, South America, Africa).
2. Host CSers to gather ideas, learn from their travel experience, study different cultures and histories, then get some inspirations to do my own trip.
3. Meet new people who can contribute a piece in my life picture.
P/s: to be frank, I do not use CS for dating, finding a romantic relationship whatsoever.
Born in a small province in Vietnam, I've been through ups and downs and struggling in university to find my own path, got lucky a number of times, made the most of the opportunities to go abroad and see the world, did plenty of volunteer and social projects in a few international NGOs. Seeing different people's lives helps me become open-minded and appreciative little things in life more than ever before.
I'm currently a management consultant which is a tough job, however, I still try to spend every moment hosting people and travelling around as I don't wanna just get stuck in a 9-5 job then become a boring working professional :).
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Everyone has his/her own unique stories waiting you to discover.
Between being right and being kind, it's good to be kind first.
* As a host:
- Ms.Becky - American - an energetic high-school music teacher
- Mr. Gustavo - Brazillian - a good cook and also a world traveller
- Ms.Lizette - Filipino - a dedicated public servant, also an aspiring dancer
-Mr. Omar - Italian - an INGO official who posses great sense of humor :D
* As a guest:
- Van - Vietnamese - a brave spa manager
- Trang - Vietnamese - a thoughtful kindergarten principal
- Benny - Vietnamsese - a warm-hearted English teacher
- Jiyeon - Korean - an energetic university student
- Zidane - Korean - a goofy hostel owner, also a great surfer
- Donghyun - Korean - a thoughtful marine and logistics student
- Hoang - Vietnamese - a very helpful engineer
- James - American - a kind & intellectual self-development coach
- Iwan - Balinese - a thoughtful coffee shop owner
- Made - Balinese - an altruistic linguistics professor
- Rahman - Egyptian - a humorous English teacher
Oops! Thanks for reading till this part, that means a lot to me :). Hit me up!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
1. Pay-it-forward: my best travelling experiences have been times that I spend with my hosts, so I start to open my house and host people to spread out the greatness of CS community (experience authentic local lifestyles, hands on experience learning about different cultures/perspectives).
2. Have meaningful connections and even life-long friendships
Reading books, playing music, movies, documentaries, cooking, beers hangout, social events, dancing, standup comedy, intellectual conversation, social justice, equality, street art, data analytics, graduate school,etc....
- swing dancing
- intellectual conversations
- authentic food
- history and culture
- playing musical instruments
Music, Movies, and Books
Mostly comtemporary Pop/ballad/RB genres, I enjoy listening to a bit of everything. I'm currently interested in jazz, disco and alternative rock, really want to learn for about those music genres.
I will watch a bit of everything, but I am really into non-fiction/oscar movies (top 250 Imdb list). I watched 52 out of 250 films so far.
I read a lot, mostly non-fiction books covering some topics such as: politics, culture, economics, arts, etc.... Books are a great way to learn and expand the mind.
If you are also a bookworm like me, add me in Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/21989539-son-nguyen
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Trekking ~35km in Kalaw trail (Myanmar) during 2 days.
- Trekking ~40km through mountains, forests and streams during 3 days (Ta Nang - Phan Dung route - Vietnam).
- Spent 10 full days in complete silence meditating Vipassana .
- Unexpectedly won 1st prize in a talent show by my singing ability (win both by the judge's and audience's vote) when I did not think I have a chance.
- Surfing in Woljeongri Beach (Jeju island - Korea).
- Trekking in Jeju island.
- Had a near-death experience in Bali (Indonesia) when I had a cliff jumping there, which changed my outlook in life completely.
The list will go on and on :)
Teach, Learn, Share
WHAT I CAN SHARE:
1. Vocal techniques ( I sing quite well, even won 1st prize in a small talent show due to my singing ability lolz).
2. Swimming techniques (I can do 4 swimming styles: breaststroke, backstroke, freestyle and butterfly).
3. Project management and personal finance: as per my past experience in non-profit sector and my expertise as a financial management consultant now.
4. My culture and history, also some stereotypes :D
5. Life perspectives and long hours conversation ranging in different topics :).
WHAT I AM LEARNING OR INTERESTED IN CURRENTLY (if anyone is competent in any topics below, I would really love to hear :D)
1. Fitness and yoga: design a workout plan, tips about workout habits, some yoga poses you know :)
2. Chiropractic care and osteopathy: I have a herniated disc, back problem. If u know any of those treatment or traditional massage, you will improve my life tremendously ;)
3. Healthy eating habit: food nutrition, diet plan, good food, supplements,etc...
4. Skincare: protect and take care of your skin, prevent acnes, pimples...
5. Photography: choose suitable camera, some basic photo techniques, editing pictures....
6. Playing musical instruments: guitar/ukulele/flute/harmonica....
7. Cooking + baking: your home cuisine, cakes baking.
8. Dancing: standard style, Latin style or social swing dance .
9. Data analytics: SQL and Python programming lolz
10. Video/documentaries production: basic softwares, effects editting.
11. Music production: song writing principles/techniques, software application.
13. Play well in foosball and billiards.
14. Real-life experience on how to travel on tight budget/absolutely-no-money
I would like to learn anything you are capable and willing to teach me, if you're passionate about it.
What I Can Share with Hosts
1. My travel stories, my company, good conversation, and a genuine interest in your culture & history, I'm also willing to share mine.
2. Lots of conversation - look out, I ask a lot of questions and really perceptive to different view points!
3. Experiences - I love to have a good time out exploring and it's even better when there's someone to share it with
4. Some tangible benefits: a crash course on vocal techniques (as I'm quite ok at this :D), meditation tips, swimming techniques,etc....
5. I can help out with the house chores, cleaning and cooking :)
6. A life-long friendship
Countries I’ve Visited
Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In
Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Viet Nam