Not Accepting Guests
- 94% response rate
- Last login 8 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Rita Andrea’s full profile. It’s free!
After almost 2 years I am back to my beloved 2nd home: Stavanger, where I used to live for 2 years.
The reason why I left this amazing place was that I wanted to try out myself in another continent - Long story in short: I moved to Brazil. However, things did not work out in the way how I thought so after 10 months I decided to quit my job and move back to Norway. Well, I could not leave South-America without a "small" trip - before coming back, I was backpacking around for 8 months! :) I am still trying to adopt to normal life... :)
“Do anything, but let it produce joy.” :)
"- And you? Who are you?
- I am just like everyone else who listens to their heart: a person who is enchanted by the mystery of life. Who is open to miracles, who experiences joy and enthusiasm for what they do. It's just that the Other, afraid of disappointment, kept me from taking actions".
- But there is suffering in life", one of the listeners said.
- And there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggle for your dreams than to be defeated without ever even knowing what you're fighting for."
I am a cheerful girl who is always up for good parties, conversations and adventures, TRIPS..
I am usually full of energy, I try to make myself busy but sometimes it feels so great being in my bed and wearing my pjs all day long.. :)
I have an enthusiasm for life and I believe everything happens for a reason.
I prefer to be crazy and happy rather than normal and bitter. :P
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I have been hosted during my trips and I also had the chance to offer my couches in Norway. During my college years I only met up people and showed them around.
Sometimes great experiences, sometimes less good experiences...
But I can tell it for sure that I've had lots of smiles, laughs, interesting minutes and hours; days and nights, situations, conversations, great friends...
music (mainly World and folk music)
photography (I would like to be a landscape photographer in my free time once... Long way to go though because I know almost nothing about it... )
Music, Movies, and Books
From time to time new elements get on my list... Now I am keeping my `old` list.
Movies: The bookthief, The guardians of the galaxy, Chabbie, Elysium, The Hobbit, The lord of the rings, Silver Linings Playbook, Warm bodies, Shrek, Intouchables, The white chicks, Requiem for a dream, Slumdog millionaire, Memoirs of a Geisha, Memento, A walk among tombstones, Walk of shame, Adore, The time traveller's wife, How to train your dragon, Madagascar, My left foot, Flowers for Algernon, Lovely bones, The skin I live in, The Perfume, The notebook, P.S. I love you, Life and death of Charlie St. Cloud, Remember me
Tv-shows: The lost, How I met your mother, The ghost whisperer, Dr House, Sex and the city, The vampire diaries, The originals, The walking dead, iZombie, 12 monkeys
Music: especially every kind of FOLK music... I am in love with the Scottish, Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian, Bulgarian folk music, Native American and Arabic belly dance music...
Books: PAULO COELHO:Eleven minutes; The alchemist; By the river Piedra I sat down and wept; The Zahir, Warrior of the light; The devil and Miss Prym, etc. :) Sun-Mi Hwang: The hen who dreamed she could fly Daniel Keyes: Flowers for Algernon Dan Brown:Da Vinci Code, Stephanie Meyer:Twilight; The host, J.K.Rowling:Harry Potter, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry:The little prince, Patrick Süskind:Perfume-The story of a murderer, Meg Cabot:The mediator, Kirsten Lobe:Paris hangover, S.J.Watson:Before I go to sleep, E.L.James:Fifty Shades
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
There are some things that seem amazing only for me and the person who I lived through with.
- Quitting my job and backpacking for almost 8 months!
- Being in the last grade of high school when my little bro was born
- Working in the USA in a summer camp for 2 summers
- Hiking to the Waves in Arizona/Utah, USA without enough water and in a challenging situation
- Being brave enough to book the ticket back home from NYC for the 10th anniversary of 9/11
- Living in different parts of the world while getting an inside view of the cultures
- Living and working for a quite rich family in Belgium
- Floating in the Dead Sea
- Couchsurfing in a cave close to Petra, Jordan
- Last minute one week trip around Iceland with 2 unknown guys from CS
- Enjoying myself in a nature hot pool surrounded by mountains and small waterfalls while it was pouring
- Listening to the Scottish bagpipes in a castle in a quite sunny day in Scotland
- Fudge Festival, Edinburugh
- Marching on the Halloween Parade as a vampire with some cool couchsurfers in NYC
- Staying in NYC around Christmas time (with snow :) )
- Making friends on the street in Budapest and in Istanbul
- Getting closer to the Turkish and Arabic culture
- Hotair balloon flight in Göreme, Cappadocia
- Hiking in Göreme in 40 degrees
- Acting like a Georgian girl for a couple of hours in Tbilisi
- Getting around by taxi in Georgia and Armenia using Activity game to communicate to the taxi drivers (because of the language barrier)
- Crossing the street in Tbilisi :)
- The roadtrip in Georgia
- Being the owner of a hostel in Tbilisi for one night with a very drunk Dutch guy while the real one who was on nightshift got into the mood of clubbing
- White water rafting in Norway
- Getting onto Kjeragbolten in Norway while getting marriage offers from a 60 year old Russian guy
- Having naked photos on Trolltunga with my travel mate (not really a planned thing for sure! :D )
- Partying in the most northest place on the World
- Experiencing the midnight sun on Svalbard
- Hospitality on Svalbard
- Hiking for 1 week on Lofoten Islands (even though the weather was not really on our side)
- Taking my little bro as a birthday/Christmas present to Barcelona for a FC Barcelona match (his favourite team)
- To give up my awesome life (work, friends) in Norway and move to Brazil
Teach, Learn, Share
As I have been travelling around quite a lot, I can share some stories, experiences. I can also teach you how to plan a trip well.
I love cultural exchange - sharing food, language, thoughts etc.
I am very interested in dancing, I would not mind learning some new steps. :)
What I Can Share with Hosts
My apartment obviously :) and my guests can join to any of the events I go to.
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay
Countries I’ve Lived In
Belgium, Brazil, Hungary, Norway, United States