Maybe Accepting Guests
- 4% response rate
- Last login 5 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Oisín’s full profile.
To find out a little bit about me check my References
Everything happens for a reason. #JustRollWithIt
Make people smile on a daily basis #SmileInnovator
AND ALWAYS #KEEPSTRIVING
Serious case of the adventure and travel bug.
I am an ENFP who just loves to travel, see amazing places, meet incredible people and have fun all the time!
I have started to compile my experiences on oisinhoy.com check it out and let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your feedback :)
What better way to go about travelling than by staying with locals and residents of the city. Everyone has their own story and is unique. I give everybody a chance. The only time you should look down at someone is when you are helping them up.
My travel goal is to visit 50 countries by the age of 25! (52/50)
Speak 10 languages (3/10)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I love humans. I believe in humans. We are all great people. I want to meet some incredible people and experience the kindness of fellow humans from all over our wonderful planet.
Having a stranger stay in your house and seeing them have a great time is such a wonderful experience and reminds us that we should share more with others.
I want you to experience this heartwarming act too. I will bring a smile to your face and share many stories and experiences with you. Let's have fun and chill out
- chinese food
- adventure races
- language exchange
- adventure travel
- learning languages
- foreign languages
- adventure sports
- learning spanish
Music, Movies, and Books
Movie: Arrival - first time I'd seen a film that left me questioning so many things we do as humans.
Music: Open to most types - loving alt-pop at the moment. Also acoustic, alternative, reggaeton, tropical house, rock, traditional Irish, D&B, and even some opera and classical from time to time!
Books: When I read I tend to go for non-fiction. Self-development and biographies would be my type
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Travelling solo. Best experience of my life. So many fantastic people in the world. Life changing.
A few more awesome things.....
- Spent a year teaching English in China which was v interesting
- Swam through a shark-infested channel at Kicker Rock, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador with my mum squeezing my hand for dear life beside me! It was soooo cool seeing dozens of sharks swimming a few metres beneath us. I'd recommend it to everyone
- Jumped to my death from 90m at Krakow Bungee
- Snorkelled the Great Barrier Reef
- Slept overnight in the middle of a huge safari park in Botswana
- Swam in a major tributary of the Amazon in Ecuador
- Been chased off a beach by a dingo in Fraser Island!!!
- Helped a dugong calf get back to deeper water after he came into the shallows during rough seas at Ningaloo Reef
- Nearly died in a cave in Ulcinj, Montenegro
- Hitchhiked in Macedonia
- Stood over the edge of a 91 story building with only a few inches of glass separating me from the ground in Melbourne
- Visited each continent (minus Antarctica)
- Stood in the Northern hemisphere and Southern hemisphere at the same time
- Saw the North Star and Southern Cross at the same time
- Learnt a foreign language
- Continually building a global network of friends. Currently 60+ countries
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you the Irish charm, about my beautiful country and our people.
I love sports and will try to play anything you want.
Let's play music and sing together
I can name the 50 states of America in under 1 minute and know most capital cities of the world, try me!
(also learned the state capitals in Athens with an Albanian bartender at 3am)
I love picking up a few phrases in different languages so feel free to teach me some :)
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can teach you the Irish charm, about my beautiful country and our people and maybe a little bit of our language.
My stories and experiences, laughter, hugs and positive attitude.
We'll have the 'craic' ;)
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, England, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Viet Nam, Wales, Zambia
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, Ireland, Spain