Berlin, Berlin, Germany
93% response rate · Last login about 1 hour ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Oliver's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile
Don't hesitate to contact me:
- if you need a couch (ONLY ONE PERSON! - NO EXCEPTION!)
- if you want me to show you around Berlin and get a free city tour
- if you simply want to make friends with me
здравствуй, shalom, guten Tag, buenos Días, γειά σου, goede dag, bonjour, merhaba, bom dia, god morgon, bună ziua, 你好, hello, cześć, buongiornio,
Well, well, hello to the whole planet! You probably want to know who I am, don't you? My name's Oliver, I'm 27 years old. I settled down in Germany, Berlin in May 2008 and now couldn't imagine living in any other places in the world. I work as a foreign language tutor and as a city guide in Berlin.
I would describe myself as a rather calm and reserved person, which you shouldn't necessarily take the wrong way. I don't like clubs partly because I am a terrible dancer, but I do like parties at friends' places. This is usually a great opportunity to talk and get to know many people. If you met people on the street and spontaneously decided to talk to them, they might find it strange, whereas people at a party tend to be more relaxed and easy to talk to. I find it hard to find people that you feel bonded to. Small talk is fine, deep talk is rare.
If you like, I would be delighted to show you the city around, show you some very special historical places in Berlin related to the Berlin Wall, the Nazis and Eastern Berlin under the power of the Soviet Union.
I would be REALLY happy to get your message in your own mother tongue. If you want to get in touch with me, you can send me an email in Polish, Turkish, German, Spanish, Greek, French, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, English, Swedish, Chinese, Catalan, Danish. I will be delighted to get back to you in one of these languages. I don't need any translation. Please write correctly using the accent (especially in Polish and Romanian).
I hope to meet you soon in Berlin and get the opportunity to get to know you,
Welcome to Berlin!
How is a day in your life like? For me everything is a silent chaos that no one has ever noticed around me. A chaos that I have to constantly keep it under control. The traits of my face are blank, expressionless, motionless. My eyes are staring and I'm standing here in the morning's train among many people that hardly dare to have a look at each other, who barely dare to throw a glance at each other. I know what you've learned. It's just not done to throw a glance at a stranger. I know. I've learned the same. It's just not respectable to approach a stranger and just ask him what his name is. I am stealthy looking around. In my head I have only one wish: To hear a sound of the owner of a mouth sitting opposite me, a sound that would make my ears understand: "you are not alone."
But in the Kingdom of Anonymity, sometimes, sealed off mouths reopen up. Fingers hovering over the keyboard back and forth like an artist composes his very first piece, they finally express the unsaid, what you might have said to the unknown passenger on the train.
I do not believe in religion, in fairy tales, in magic or in ghosts, but love to do as though I believed in it. More than a need, we have to believe in something, so life can go on. But I belong to those who will never really believe in anything. I belong to those who need to find the meaning of life in everyday life, in a profession, in a passion, in a friendship, in love, in a conversation, in a short tiny happy moment, maybe with you?
If you feel alone, even though you are surrounded by countless of people in the subway, on the street or in the supermarket every day, do not forget that I feel the same as you do.
I live in one of the most exciting cities in Europe, Berlin. I would be delighted to show you around, give you a free professional guided tour of Berlin and even take you to historical sites (sometimes quite unknown!) such as a former Nazi camp.
I did a whole tour of Germany with one of my best friends from Spain. We hadn't planned this trip at all. The idea suddenly came one day and the day after we were already on the road (actually, on the railway, we travelled by train)! We had the chance to sleep at the place of a few German Couchsurfer in different cities in Germany. It was my very first time. What's great with Couchsurfing is that I particularly love the fact that every person brings his or her own "touch" to this travelling experience.
Language learning is probably my biggest passion. I have been learning many languages for a couple of years now. At the moment, I am mostly dedicated to Polish, Turkish, Romanian and Chinese.
I play the guitar. I play the piano a bit, but nothing really terrific. I don't like to watch sport on TV but on the contrary I like to practise (Badminton and tennis for example)
There are tons of films that I love, but my favourite is without any doubt "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". I can't count how many times I have watched this film. My favourite genre is drama. It makes me feel so... "nostalgic". I sometimes feel like Joel. Many people hate Jim Carrey and I do understand why, but Jim acted "normally" in this movie. Don't hesitate to watch it and tell me what you think.
Here are other films that I have loved or liked:
- A beautiful Mind
- Last Night
- Sleeping Beauty
- The Green Mile
- Black Swan
- Oh Boy (a German film about Berlin)
- The Butterfly Effect
- Blair Witch
- Paranormal Activity
- Love me if you dare (best romantic French movie)
- Hard Candy
- Mr. Nobody
- Five Fingers
- Inglorious Bastards
- Brokeback Mountain
- Chinese Puzzle
- What's in a name?
- The Shawshank Redemption
- Primal Fear
- Le Passé
- All Good Things
- Aanmodderfakker (Dutch Film)
My favourite book is "Une Joueuse de Go".
Once I wanted to know a friend better. She told me about a book she read. I wanted to know the reason why she loved that book so much. As a result, I read it myself and it became my favourite book.
- I met Angela Merkel and she spoke to me. Yes indeed!
- I stole a few pieces of the Berlin's Wall, but hey, that's a secret. Don't tell anyone.
- I went to the house of the last Nazi still alive who lived with Hitler in the Bunker in Berlin. I knocked at his door and (...)
- I didn't die, I wasn't injured at all, not even a scratch, when suddenly in the night a lightning struck the part of the house's roof under which was my bedroom, although most of my bedroom was destroyed due to the explosion caused by the lightning. From my very bed, I could see flashes of lightnings every three seconds in the sky through the damaged roof.
- I love listening to music while walking in the street. It gives me the impression to be in a movie.
- I played the guitar on the street even if I am a bit shy.
- I saw someone die on a train. I had never seen death before.
- After enrolling in university, I began being always and always more interested in languages. Today, I have learnt around 17 languages. The following list shows you all the languages for which I at least spent a couple of months studying them. By no means I am pretending to be fluent at all these languages.
- Spanish, Dutch, Chinese, German, Polish, English, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Latin, Catalan, Romanian, Japanese, Hebrew, Turkish, Czech, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Greek
- I have a disease called Hashimoto, which ensures that the thyroid doesn't work properly. Some people are of the opinion that eating gluten-free could resolve the problem. If you happen to have any information on this, I'd be really thankful.
Languages: I can help you with foreign languages. Are you struggling with the cases in German or in Russian? Are you looking for some good websites to learn Chinese or Portuguese? Are you curious to hear about the various methods I used to learn languages Swedish and Dutch? Do you want to know how technology can help you learn language faster and faster? I will definitely give you the tips you need to learn your target language and encourage you to learn more and more.
Cooking: I am not a great cook at all, I am afraid. I barely know how to cook any dishes, but I will do my best if it is what you want. ^^
Guitar: I can teach you how to play the guitar. I have been playing the guitar for many years. I am not a great guitarist at all, but if you want to get started at the guitar, knock at my door, it is always open. ^^
Programming (HTML/PHP): I used to have my own popular websites when I was a teenager. I even got money for that. I stopped administrating my website very long ago. So my knowledge about it isn't fresh at all. But if you need a hand, here I am.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom
Belgium, France, Germany, Spain
Join Couchsurfing to see Oliver's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile