- Last login over 5 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Pranav’s full profile.
To complete writing my travel book about my all 52 weekends travelled in 2009. Be a better photographer & blogger than yesterday!
traveller, amateur photographer, biker, idealist, optimist, internet-addict, web consultant, yogi, etc.
God made planet earth, man made the political map. Gods, prophets, pirates, demons and warriors, they would all travel for different reasons. I travel to see the beautiful human infested earth ;)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I will host you or hook you up with other local CouchSurfing friends if I cant host you. I have also hosted travelers via HospitalityClub.org . When I'm travelling, I look forward to meeting other CouchSurfers and sometimes even surfing. I enjoy visiting a family and surfing their couch as it has a more homely feel and very interesting to observe the dynamics of the members spanning across generations.
I was showered with kindness in Hong Kong and Singapore and was hosted by CS members and I am truly touched by the kindness.
Am moved when one of my guests said that they did a CouchSearch for Hyderabad and contacted me and if I would have said No, they would have skipped Hyderabad. That's massive! Even as a host, I was a part of someone's travel and impacted their journey and time in India. Its a great feeling and a responsibility as a host.
Since then I have had a handful of surfing experiences and have hosted some very interesting people.
blogging, photography, dreaming, traveling, music, expressive art, etc.
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Schindler's List, Requiem for a Dream, Cinema Paradiso, City of Gods, Shawshank Redemption, Crash, The Machinist, Motorcycle Diaries, To Kill a Mocking Bird, 21 Grams, Amores Perros, etc.
Music: As long as its non-commercial and from the heart, I will listen to most genres.
Books: Spiritual and non-fiction, although I enjoy reading blogs more than books these days.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. In 2010 I travelled 20+ weekends outside Hyderabad :) Gambled nonstop for 17 hours in a casino in Vegas! At the end of it, the dealer who was changing shifts, actually told me i was making my money last :) (and he wasnt putting me on for tips)
2. In 2009 I travelled all 52 weekends outside Hyderabad including sleeping 70+ nights while traveling in a train and rode over 16000 kms(almost 10000 miles) on my motorcycle :)
3. In 2008 I have travelled 26+ weekends outside my city limits!
3. Swam in the sea far away from the shore. Was thrilling. (I know thousands of people must have done this, but still it was a very exciting experience for me)
4. My gambling exploits continue, this time in Singapore, i gambled for 3 nights straight and walked out with 17x more money than I began with. Played mathematically and followed my ten commandments of gambling and I looted the wealthy casino a lil bit :P
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach the basics of Photography and web-designing. At the same time I would want to learn more about photography from you.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Countries I’ve Visited
Bhutan, England, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica, Macao, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In