Maybe Accepting Guests
- 84% response rate
- Last login about 3 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Alex Tran and’s full profile. It’s free!
This is a joint profile that I share with my boyfriend Larry.
- We are eating our way around the world one dish at a time.
- We love traveling and meeting new friends!!! We are both ENFP (Myers Briggs personality) - so you'll find we're both outgoing and very easy to get along with.
- Alex has a background in nonprofit work and content management for a local news publication. She volunteers and spends free time with and developing curriculum for foster youth. She also teaches yoga!
- Larry is in IT and is currently a technical trainer for Amazon.com/AWS. He loves craft beer and trying anything new. He is very humble and generous to friends and family.
- We have a rescued chihuahua named Bebot. She'll bark at you but warms up after a few minutes.
- We both live in Queen Anne, Seattle, WA. We love our city! My couch is open for all CS-ers and friends needing a place to stay.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
We are hosts and surfers. We love to meet likeminded people and believe that CS is a great place to build the international community we have always desired.
We have a couch and spare room. Hit us up and if we're available you can sleep at our place and explore Seattle with us! We've been told we're great hosts. It's up to you to decide!
We're pretty easy going and up for experiencing anything at least once!
Only thing Alex won't try is eating bugs!
- electronic music
- adventure travel
- budget travel
- craft beer
Music, Movies, and Books
BOOKS: Road Dahl, Bradbury, Steinbeck, HG Wells, Orson Scott Card (anything written by any of these authors)
MUSIC: John Legend, Flaming Lips, Empire of the Sun, Dash Berlin, Calvin Harris, Elliott Smith, Natasha Bedingfield, Above and Beyond, SEVEN Lions, Fiona Apple, Shakira, Nada Surf, Kaiser Chiefs, Medina, Owl City!!!
TV SHOWS: The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Grimm and Westworld
MOVIES: Moulin Rouge, Amelie (Larry doesn't have faves)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Highest point (double black diamond) at Breckenridge and down in 13 minutes! Chyeeeah!
Trek to the top of the Patagonia and snowboard down into the laguna 3 times!
Wine tasting in Mendoza with my best friend.
Crash a wedding (amicably) in Vancouver BC.
Random hangout with Jay Stern at Flashdancers with my girl Judy!
We don't remember the exact moment that we met. We kinda like it that way! :)
Teach, Learn, Share
WHAT I CAN TEACH: snowboarding, yoga, resourcefulness/networking, make plans well, seeking new music, golfing, camping, yoga, awesome restaurants, cooking, personal training
The one thing I'd like to learn is HOW TO SWIM (properly)! *gulp* Right now I am tragically doggy paddling everywhere.
What I Can Share with Hosts
My couch, my friendship, my yoga practice and my dog's unconditional love.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Bahamas, Canada, Chile, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In