- 89% response rate
- Last login about 13 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Shammy’s full profile.
I am of Bangladeshi origin and a global citizen. And I went back and forth between Dhaka and Chennai and hosted in both locations. So, please don't get confused with my dual location references as a host.
I have recently won a battle against cancer, and my treatment relocated me to Chennai. Currently, I am running a business in Chennai to serve the "International Patients" all over India. To know about my cancer journey, please take a look at this link :
The Couchsurfing community has given me a lot in life. During the battle against cancer, the Couchsurfing community became my whole world as I could not travel during Chemotherapy. I had an opportunity to open my door for travellers and listen to their travel stories. I am grateful to everyone to contribute to my new life, and Couchsurfing Community has made me a Proud Ambassador of this incredible community.
I have ten years of working experience as a broadcaster, both On-Screen and Off-Screen. Please don't get confused with the On-Screen Pictures and the Off-Screen Individual. I am currently serving as the President of the UN Youth and Students Association of Bangladesh. For more info about my work, please visit www.unysab.org.
I am a traveller, not a tourist with a bohemian soul.
I am in a relationship. So, please do not randomly try to host me, considering me a girl travelling alone.
Feel free to be my guest (when I am home) and feel at home when you are away from your home. And, I am always happy to host and meet a bunch of new spirits.
House Rules: (Please read them carefully) *You must provide the listed below documents before you arrive at my place:
1) PASSPORT Copy and the VISA Copy if you are a foreign national in Bangladesh;
2)Your complete flight itinerary/travel plans for Dhaka;
3) Passport size picture JPEG;
4) Your plans in Dhaka;
5) NID copy if you are a Bangladeshi national;
*Please note that I only host people who have multiple verifications such as Verified Host References, Verified Surfer References, Payment, Phone, Govt ID, and Address Verification.
* Please do not send me a random request if your profile is incomplete. I won't bother to reply.
* If you are 2/3 people, you will have to send me a separate request for the other individuals. If they don't have a Couchsurfing profile, they can create one and send me the links of their other social media such as Facebook or Instagram. If they are unwilling to do all these, they are not welcome at my place. Sorry about that, but when you come to surf at my home, you should be social enough to put your ego somewhere else and surf with me.
You can email me the documents, and YES, please ask me for the email address.
The basic toiletries and fresh towels, hot meals for multiple people are always available at my place.
Happy surfing, folks :)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I love meeting new people, experiencing new cultures and always being thrilled to travel like a local.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
There are just too many to share here :D
Teach, Learn, Share
Cooking , cleaning , dancing salsa , yoga , meditation, travel tips
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Liberia, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Nepal, Netherlands, Norway, Qatar, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates
Countries I’ve Lived In