Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 6 minutes ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Shelly’s full profile. It’s free!
Hi there! I'm Shelly. Traveling teaches me 2 main things:
1.) Keeping memories is better than collecting things
2.) Being away makes you treasure more what you have back at home.
I'm into languages, history, geography, and unique architecture. I realized that I can learn about them and more by traveling. I hope to learn as many as I can in this lifetime by going from one country to another :-)
MY DREAM DESTINATION IS SPAIN! ❤
Read and follow my travel blog: www.shellyviajera.blogspot.com
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I'm looking for people to meet who are willing to bring me around their country. I enjoy hanging out with locals.
And as a way of giving back to the hospitality that I get when I travel abroad, I tour travelers who want to explore my beloved city, Makati. I also host people (and bags) when I am free.
- Tennis (Roger Federer!!!)
- Watching sports
Music, Movies, and Books
- Music: House, trance, Latin songs, Jennifer Lopez songs
- Movies: Romantic comedy movies
- Books: I'm not really a book person (I'd rather read travel magazines), but I appreciate inspirational books, non-fiction and autobiography books :-)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I went bicycle riding for an entire day in Siem Reap, Cambodia. I slightly had to catch up in biking with my 2 guy friends but I told them not to slow down because I wanted to challenge myself. On our way back, unfortunately, we got drenched in the rain! The roads were a bit flooded but we got back safe and proud to make it! One for the books! :-)
Teach, Learn, Share
- I can teach you languages. I am fluent in Filipino (Tagalog) and English. I can teach you some Spanish, Portuguese and German words that I learned (though I'm not fluent in them yet and still trying to LOL!)
- I want to learn more about Spanish language and culture
- I want to learn how to prepare healthy dishes
- I can share you my all-natural diet on how I lost weight from 198 to 130 lbs in less than a year!
What I Can Share with Hosts
- Great stories from the Philippines. I experience both city and province life. I live in the busy city but once in a while, I go to my family's house in the province (Batangas) to escape from pollution and traffic
- Filipino (Tagalog)
- Travel experiences from the Southeast Asian countries I visited
Countries I’ve Visited
Armenia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Georgia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Morocco, Myanmar, Philippines, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In