- 99% response rate
- Last login about 1 hour ago
Join Couchsurfing to see SPACEDUDE’s full profile. It’s free!
I live directly in front of the Central Train Station of Frankfurt. From my place you can easyly walk to City Center, Exibition Center, Main river...
I am originally from Freiburg - South Germany ( the famous the Black Forest), due to job am I living already over 4 years here in Frankfurt.
...and yes of cause "Spacedude" is just my CS alias, my real name is simply "Jan" :)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I will be glad to help out any travellers. If u have a question feel free to ask. You are also welcome to surf my place, as I live close to the main train station my couch might be helpfull....
Let`s see what i can do for you and how to help this awsome idea keeping alive and support for the community.
Members with the following nationalities have surfed my couch so far:
Republic of Korea,
...to be continued
I like to travell, sports and nature.
Windsurfing - the only sports I am really good in
Jogging - regulary am i running up and down the Main-river close to my home, if you wanna join, dont forget your shoes :)
Basketball - not in a team anymore, just for fun at the courts
Poker - only Texas Holdem NL
Passive: Watching soccer, preferable standing area of the stadium
Music, Movies, and Books
Dances with Wolves (Best movie ever). Star Wars (Episode IV-VI), Planet of the Apes (only the 5 old ones), Monty Python's Life of Brian (is there anything more funny), Stromberg (German copy/version of "The Office"), Movies with Louis de Funes, Bud Spencer/ Terence Hill, Adriano Celentano
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy => and the 5 sequels of it
The book series: "Kultur Schock" and "le monde"
Rap, Hip Hop, RnB, Soul, Dance, Techno, Charts, Bollywood, Country, Classic, Folklore..... and many more, actually like anything but Punk and Heavy Metal
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I was living 6 months in Japan (and I went there a secound time for another 5 weeks). This was the most amazing time in my entire life. What a fantastic country and great culture. As a matter of fact i love that country that much, that it is my dream to move there one day. One way ticket....
Teach, Learn, Share
What to do in Frankfurt?
Well some people might say it is possible to gain within one day a general understanding of the city and its sightseeing spots. However others enjoy here a far longer time, a brief introduction:
Old historical town (including “Römer-berg”, “Paulskirche”, “Kaiserdom”, “Eiserner Steg”, “Historical Museum”, “Saalgasse”)
Frankfurt is rich of museums, such as:
- Städel (paintings)
- Schirn or MMK (both modern art)
- 2 x Jewish Museum
- DialogMuseum (reservation required)
Senckenberg (Natural museum)
=> => Plz note special offer the MuseumsuferCard which gives you entrance in up to 34 museums 2 days long for 18 EUR
Further places of interest:
- Maintower => this skyscraper offers a public viewing platform on the roof top (6,50 EUR)
- Stock market (please note you will need to make reservation one day in advance)
- Palmengarten, comfortable in winter cause of the heated up glas houses, pretty in summer due to the growing flowers outside
Frankfurt is a great place for shopping, from the big shopping street “Zeil” up to the more luxurious shoppging street “Goethestrasse” there are options for all tastes and wallets.
By walking with tourguide, or individual by sightseeing bus hopp on hopp off, or taking a boat trip up and down the main river
And don’t miss the Frankfurter nightlife, from alternative to high class, from small bars up to 5 floors discos, After work parties, Live music venues, Salsa dancing and special theme parties like Bollywood or K-Pop….
Or relax at one of the parks:
- Along the Main river
- The green belt (surrounding the city center)
- Grüneburgpark (with a small Korean Garden)
- Bethmannpark (with small Chinese Garden)
Frankfurt has also Germanys biggest exhibition center, hosting the world wide number one book fair and europes biggest car show as well as a number of further exhibitions, check the calender at “Frankfurter Messe”
And in Frankfurt are throughout the year a number of special events, full of attractions, shows and live music
Check what is playing:
- “Alte Oper” + “Oper Frankfurter” (both opera houses)
- The English Theatre
Or watch a live game of the local team:
- Eintracht Frankfurt (soccer, first German league)
- Fraport Skyliners (Basketball, first German league)
Besides the city center, there are further districts of Frankfurt easy to reach and worth to see, such as:
- Alt Sachsenhausen, known for a number of traditional German Restaurants as well as nightlife area packed of Frankfurter Apple wine Pubs
- Frankfurt-Höchst, has also an old historical town and there is the second oldest porcelain manufacturing of Germany
- Sachsenhausen, going up the little hill of Frankfurt, you will reach at the top of the Frankfurter forest the 43 meters high wooden Goetheturm tower, which provides a free view over the whole city
And if you have covered Frankfurt itself you can go for day trips of places close by, examples:
- Heidelberg (lovely city), by bus 1 hour one way / 10 EUR round trip
- Mainz (there can take nice boat trip at Rhine river) by train 40 minutes 8,10 EUR one way
- Wertheim Village (shopping outlet center) express bus from Frankfurt 1 hour one way , 10 EUR round trip
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, Japan, United States