- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Mary Cornwell’s full profile.
To take the most of this wonderful time when we are raising 3 children. To share with them our passion for Nature, travelling, backpacking and meeting people.
After a kind of a break to let the babies grown up, we have just come back from one month in Sri Lanka, Asia,. It should be the beginning of a new period of travels and big nice projects are to realize.
A 16-years-couple, David (39 years old) studied Physics - Renewable Energies. Mary (35 years old) is a social worker with kids and teens in a foster house. Yaelle, 10 years old, is the perfect daughter, Elouan, 7 years old, is a funny little man. And Leïla, 5 years old, seems happy to be the third one.
We like hiking, singing, playing music, playing games, hitch-hiking, travelling, meeting people and talking around a cup of tea. We heartly welcome you to visit us and we thank warmly all the people who put up us, making of our travels wonderful reminds.
Don't worry be happy. Just take it easy and everything will come when you need it. (Mary)
Human being should not depart too much from our initial connextion with Nature. (Mary)
Learn and discover (David)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
We surfed and hosted regularly for 10 years.
Since we are a familly of 5 , we host other families and that's great. Children like to share their toys and house with other children. It's good to have single travellers or couples too. Sometimes, our kids are a bit shy to talk, above all if guests don't speak French. Sometimes, they just go on so well, it's difficult to know in advance!
As a travelling familly, we used Couchsurfing in England and in Andalousia and it was great but I find very difficult to find CS familly to host us now weare so numerous.
As travellers without children, our CS experience had been mainly in India...Great. We will go on with everywhere in the world. As host, we had a lot of guests when we lived in Avignon and now in the Alps quite a lot too as a familly. We heartly welcome families to come. We heartly welcome anyone to come.
- Analyse life and try to understand always more the human being.
- Talking about Education issues.
- Try to practive Non Violent Communication.
- Playing and making handicraft with my children.
- Making our chidren discover and know about the mixity of the world.
- Walking, hiking, trekking, hitch-hiking, drawing, playing guitar and flute, singing, discussing, playing cards, travelling of course, meeting, drinking...
- Play chess.
- social work
- circus skills
- backpackers travelling
Music, Movies, and Books
- Léonard Cohen, Noir Desir, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Jacques Brel, Reggae music, world music ...
- Almodovar, Kusturica, S. Kubrick, cartoons with beatiful drawings (movies)
- S. Kipling, Paulo Cuelo, Nicolas Vanier, P. Auster, Kundera... (books)
- Marshall Rosenberg and his Non-Violent-Communication!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Swim with geant sea turtles in Sri Lanka (Elouan, Yaëlle)
- Take a bath with an elephant (Leïla)
- See a herd of free horses galloping in the montain in the sunset as I was hiking with a group of disadvantages teenagers. (Mary)
-Give birth (Mary)
-Get fiancee in Benares (India)
-Sleep in a Bouddhist Monastery (Nepal)
-Carry a backet on the head (Togo)
-To have been in a coma and recover from it (David)
Teach, Learn, Share
We can share: artistic skills, playing piano and guitar, knots, knitting, ecologic stuff such as solar cooker, ideas, CNV method.
We want to learn: any other things!
What I Can Share with Hosts
We love les Hautes Alpes where we settled in 5 years ago now so we are always glad to show you our favourite places around, lakes, rivers and walks. We like to share experiences of life, of travel so we will be glad to talk with you around a cup ot tea or a glass of wine or a bottle of beer, depending of the hour. Famillies with children to play with ours are especialy welcome!
Countries I’ve Visited
Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Canada, England, Finland, India, Nepal, Spain, Sri Lanka, Togo
Countries I’ve Lived In
Canada, France, Spain