Wants to Meet Up
- 100% response rate
- Last login 28 minutes ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Stasia’s full profile. It’s free!
PLEASE, DONT SEND REQUESTS MORE THAN ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE!
Last minute requests are welcomed!
I don´t accept people with totally empty CS profiles.
POR FAVOR, NO MANDEN SOLICITUDES MÁS DE UNA SEMANA POR ADELANTADO!
I want the one I can't have And it's driving me mad...
Hi folks! I'm Stasia from... well, does it really matter where I am from? ;)
I'm just a dreamer but i'm hanging on
though i am nothing big to offer
i watch the birds, how they dive in then gone
it's like nothing in this world's ever still... (c)
The wind in my heart
The dust in my head
Oh, I'm boring and ordinary, human being you know, two eyes, two hands, two legs, etc, nothing really special.
I'm a hitchhiker, vegan, dumpster-diver and pseudointellectual, honest and straight-forward (very!), sometimes absent-minded (also very!).
Spontaneity and sarcasm. ;)
INFORMATION FOR MY POTENCIAL HOSTS and TRAVEL BUDDIES:
- My budget is very small, just enough for simple food. I don't go to eat in restaurants, but I happy to share the little I have, to cook and to eat together (vegan, tho!)
- I always travel by hitchhiking, which means I cant tell my exact arrival time. But I try to keep my hosts informed about my movings.
- I don't have a mobile phone.
- I am vegan, mostly for reasons which you can find here http://veganvalues.org/
- I don't drink alcohol, smoke sigarettes or take any drugs (well, except for peanut butter and hummus, and falafel, and bananas.. ohhh, that are best drugs ever:).
- I don't follow any certain plans, just go with a flow and spontaneous ideas. Therefore it is hard to dissapoint me, as I don't expect anything and value every moment and experience.
- Sometimes I need to rest and to stay a whole day at home, using internet, resting, reading, and so on. And I really appreciate every possilbility for doing it.
- I try no to use shampoo, teethpaste and in general I avoid to put any chemicals on my body. I use natural substitutes.
- I can spend hours by watching streetTV, just sitting somewhere and looking at people.
- I do love all stuff (museums, concerts and other events) which is for free.
- I do love to do something useful for people. Don't hesitate to ask for any help.
- Things which make me really tired: heat, public transport and shopping.
- I am not from Wales. It is just the full name of this town really fascinates me: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. It is a real name, seriously!! Try to read it, haha! Awesome, isnt it? :)
Half the fun of the travel is the aesthetic of lostness.~ Ray Bradbury
You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this. ~ Henry David Thoreau
Watch this: http://video.yandex.ru/users/natavassia/view/524#
I was on the edge of the earth.
I was on the edge of the water.
I was on the edge of the sky.
I was on the edge of the mountains.
I have not found anyone who was not my friend.
The life is a travel, a travel is the life.
Smile! It costs nothing!
The best plan is not to have any plan.
The Universe always gives you what you want. Just be clear with your wishes.
When i get sad, i stop being sad and become awesome instead.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I hosted many people when I lived permanently in one place.
I surf on my way.
I have an incredible experience with CS. The greatest thing which can ever happen is when CSers become real friends. And, yeeaah, I've got such friends! That's awesome!!!
I take seriously words like "You are always welcome to my place". If you write something like this, be sure, one day you'll meet me and my backpack at your home. :))
and also I consider my hosts and surfers as friends apriori so "Friends will be friends When you're in need of love they give you care and attention" (c)
hitch-hiking, juggling, DIY, board games, veganism, hugs, street art, poetry, good music and movies, hitch-hiking, work in hostels, permaculture, gigs, dumpster-diving, languages, wild nature, have I mentioned hitch-hiking?, to enjoy every moment of life, to speak with strangers, doing nothing, doing something, coincendences, people...
- street art
- board games
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Waking life, Koyaanisqatsi, Eternal sunshine of spotless mind, Across the Universe, Du levande, Futurama, Ten minutes older: The Cello, Arizona dream, Benny and June, Into the wild, Midnight in Paris, How I meet your mother, etc
Music is my passion. Some favourite bands: Sigur Ros, Talking heads, The Smiths, Leonard Cohen, Timber timbre, Coldplay, David Bowie, Portishead, Doors, Pink Floyd, Lhasa De Sela ... different from classic and jazz to punk-rock and trance...
Books: Richard Brautigan, Tove Jansson, Aldous Huxley, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Erlend Loe, "Geborgtes Leben" E.M. Remark, "Invisible Monsters" Ch. Palahniuk, "OceanoMare" Alessandro Baricco, " Nausea " Jean-Paul Sartre, Dostoevsky, Fernando Pessoa, Walt Whitmen...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
The most amazing thing is an incredible people's hospitality whenever I travel.
- constantly on the road from August 2012
- travelling in Amazonas in Venezuela: hitchhiked with cargo boats and a military plane, seeing rainforest and a life of local indigenas.
- independent trekkings to Mt Roraima in Venezuela and Ciudad Perdida in Colombia.
- 5 days trekking around El Cocuy National Park in Colombia
- bathing in an ice hole in January with a temperature of the air -16 C
- rope-jumping from bridges and nine-floor building
- jumping with parachute (twice)
- hitch-hiking to Far East of Russia (Sakhalin island, Vladivostok...)
- climbing on volcanoes, 3 days of riding in tundra by cross-country vehicle and hitch-hiking at Kamchatka (Far east of Russia as well)
- in total hitchhiked about 300000 km (stopped to count it some years ago)
- followed a rock-band on tours all around Russia
- camping on a wild part of Great Wall in China
- once drove an old tram (from 1930s)
- course of vipassana meditation with 10 days in silence.
- one month in Antarctica (and not paying for it)!
Teach, Learn, Share
I really want to learn or to improve how:
- to cook tasty vegan meals,
- to play a mandolin
- to dance,
- to stand on the head,
- to juggle,
- to speak fluently Spanish and Portuguese
Video made by a friend about our trip to Kamchatka (Far East of Russia)in 2009: http://youtu.be/piQZn94Xogw
People's perception of things sometimes is different, than you actually are in the real life, but, well, more or less true: http://blog.cronnection.com/es/historias-reales/anastasia-o-como-vivir-casi-sin-dinero-2/
Some bla-bla-bla about life and travels: http://nemnogosvetlee.ru/interview/67
Celebrating 3-years-living-on-the-road anniversary, I created this simple slideshow; nothing much, it is just about a girl and hitchhiking. https://youtu.be/DmxOLsVETYI
Countries I’ve Visited
Antarctica, Argentina, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Colombia, Ecuador, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Macedonia, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Scotland, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In
Brazil, Chile, Russian Federation, Venezuela