Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 6 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Stefan’s full profile. It’s free!
Travel the world! :-)
I am Stefan, at home in the world :-)
I have many sides and it might take you a while to get to know all of them. I live an active lifestyle and I really enjoy filling my life with great experiences :-)
I like to share great moments with my friends or people I just met. I like challenges and I like to try new things. I love outdoor activities, but I also enjoy exploring cities as long as I can get out into nature once in a while - that's one of the reasons why NYC I moved back to Oslo from NYC.
Each time I move I feel that I grow. NYC made me grow a lot. It is a completely different world compared to the places where I lived before. My start was really rough ... but then I also had some wonderful experiences with great people there!
I like both summer and winter (especially with snow!) - and I like to travel at all times of the year!
I dance a lot, do yoga, swim and enjoy photography and to document my travels!
The rest you have to find out yourself - by asking or even better meeting me :D
Life is about the unknown!
Focus on the positive!
"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be."
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference."
In December I started a 2-3 month trip around Europe and Asia! My biggest and longest trip so far!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
In summer 2009 I tried out CS for the first time.
Amazing! It was one of the greatest experiences in my life! It made me change the way I view the world.
I met many fantastic people through CS in many different places. I also participated in CS meetings in Marseille, Vilnius and Stockholm, the CS Midsummer Camp in Latvia in 2010 and 2012 and the Transilvania Winter Camp in Romania 2010/2011!
Then CS became much more commercial and I stopped my activity here for several years. Now I am back, traveling the world and want to give CS another try! :-)
Maybe you have also a passion for dancing or you are also into outdoor activities, or a fan of architecture, design or beautiful nature? ... or you just like to explore new places? Or you like to have a great time by meeting new people, making food, trying out new things ... :-)
I know Oslo where I currently live quite well - so I would love to show you around here. For hosting my situation is not ideal, but it can be arranged ...
I started using CS in summer 2009. CS has been one of the best discoveries in my life so long. It's hard to find words for describing how much I appreciate the hospitality which I could experience through couchsurfing. It changed my view on the world and it made me realize that I have friends in the whole world - and amplified my feeling of being at home in the world. I am looking forward to meet more CS people =) There is something special about each one of them!
dancing (kizomba, semba, afro sometimes bachata) outdoor activities, hiking, yoga, swimming, sailing, rock climbing, biking, photography, cooking, barbecue, ice skating, opera, theatre, design, architecture, lighting design
Music, Movies, and Books
The intouchables, Shift, Fight Club, The Matrix, Into the wild, Så som i himmelen, Before sunset, Before sunrise, Grabben i graven bredvid, Fyra vekor i juni, Jalla Jalla, Yes man, Blues Brothers
Music: Kizomba, Ghetto Zouk, Retro-Zouk, Mumford & Sons, Nouvelle Vague, Lars Winnerbäck, Kent, Bo Kaspers Orkester, Miss Li, Theresa Andersson, Yoav, Paul van Dyk, Hotel Costes, Rock, House, Trance, Techno, Elektro, Chill-out, oh ... and some opera and classical stuff
Books: I just love books and book stores, esp 2nd hand book stores, I can spend many hours there and most of the time I find a special book that I really like!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- I was born! (maybe this should come before Couchsurfing - not sure ;-))
- Living in NYC (it is a crazy place and gave me a completely new perspective)
- building my own snow cave and sleeping inside of it at around -10 degrees Celsius
- Participating in 50+ dancing festivals in Scandinavia and around Europe
- Canyoning & rafting in Norway and Iceland
- Biketrip from Berlin (Germany) to Oslo (Norway)
- Biketrip from Lausanne in Switzerland to my hometown Mönchengladbach in Germany
- Interrailtrip from Budapest to Madrid in Summer 2008
- Interrailtrip from Kiev to Warsaw (via Budapest, Venrona, Munich, Marseille, Bordeaux, Madrid, Praha and many other places) in summer 2009
- Participating in the Loveparade in Berlin several times
- Caving in Budapest
- Celebrating my birthday at the Mountain Movie Festival in Norway, surrounded by +2000 m peaks
- Seeing the northern light (Aurora) in Tromsø (Norway)
- Seeing the Dalai Lama several times in Gothenburg and Oslo
- thanking Wayne Dyer persionally for his inspirational work in NYC before he died
- Meeting Norwegian moose in road traffic and while riding on a friendly iceland horse
- Crosscountryskiing in Norway (I do this regularly in winter, even after work)
- Exploring archipelagos by sea kayak at the swedish west coast and saying hello to the harbor seals
- playing icehockey at -20°C in Oslo
- sailing around the Lofoten islands with a 120 year old sailing boat
- working at the main stage of one of Europes biggest fashion fairs
- working backstage at my favourite opera houses: the gothenburg opera in Sweden and the Norwegian National Opera and Ballet in Oslo
- working as a social worker and trying to make a difference in other people's lifes
- maiden voyage (after some renovation work) with my traditional 100+ year old Norwegian sailing boat (in stormy weather)
- celebrating my birtday at 00.00 a.m. in the middle of the Oslo fjord with my friends, a home made cake, the dark water around us and the stars above
- Exploring the Baltic states and Eastern Europe (I really love Poland, Warsaw is probably my most visited city except the ones I have lived in)
- Going on the 124 th floor in Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world (it has over 160 floors, so I did not make it to the top, but the view was great!)
- Visiting Taj Mahal in India
- Starting my big trip in December 2016 (from Norway to, Netherlands, Germany, Romainia, United Arab Emirates, India, Sri Lanka ... and I am still on my way! :)
Teach, Learn, Share
hiking, climbing, sailing, unicycling, slacklining, photographing, cooking, baking, volleyball, inline skating, swimming & going to sauna, playing guitar (had a longer break but want to play again!), going to the beach! Party! Kizomba dancing!
What I Can Share with Hosts
I am easy going, love activity, eat vegetarian (fish sometimes) and like to go to bed later at night
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Cambodia, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Monaco, Myanmar, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, Norway, Sweden, United States