Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 9 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Stefan’s full profile. It’s free!
Finding the perfect home in Oslo! :-)
Yeah - who am I?
I am Stefan - and I am at home in the world :-)
I have many sides and it might take you a while to get to know all of them. I live an active lifestyle and I really like to fill my life with great experiences :-)
and shape my life in the way I want it to be.
I like to share great moments with my friends or people I just met. I like challenges and I like to try new things. I really love almost all kinds of outdoor activities, but I also like being in cities - it's just important for me that I can relax in the nature once in a while - that's on of the reasons why NYC I moved back to Oslo from NYC.
Each time I move I feel that I grow. NYC made me grow a lot. It is a completely different world compared to the places where I lived before. My start was really rough ... but then I also had some wonderful experiences with great people here!
NYC made me become a much more spiritual person.
I like both summer and winter (especially with snow!) - and I like to travel at all times of the year!
One of my biggest passions is photography - right now I am thinking about going into a more artistic direction here!
The rest you have to find out yourself - by asking or even better meeting me :D
Life is about the unknown!
Focus on the positive!
ÃÂ¢Ãâ¬ÃÅOnly as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.ÃÂ¢Ãâ¬ÃÂ
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I ÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference."
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
In summer 2009 I tried out CS for the first time.
Amazing! It was one of the greatest experiences in my life! It made me change the way I view the world.
I met many fantastic people through CS in many different places. I also participated in CS meetings in Marseille, Vilnius and Stockholm, the CS Midsummer Camp in Latvia in 2010 and 2012 and the Transilvania Winter Camp in Romania 2010/2011!
Then CS became much more commercialand I almost stopped my activities for severalyears. Now I am back and want to give CS another try! :-)
Maybe you have also a passion for dancing or you are also into outdoor activities, extreme sports and fan of the beautiful nature? ... or you just like to explore new places? Or you like to have a great time by meeting new people, making food, trying out new things ... :-)
I know Oslo where I currently live quite well - so I would love to show you around here and have a good time. For hosting my situation is not ideal ...
I started using CS in summer 2009. CS has been one of the best discoveries in my life so long. It's hard to find words for describing how much I appreciate the hospitality which I could experience through couchsurfing. It changed my view on the world and it made me realize that I have friends in the whole world - and amplified my feeling of being at home in the world. I am looking forward to meet more CS people =)There is something special about each one of them!
dancing (kizomba, sensual bachata, salsa) outdoor activities, hiking, yoga, sailing, rock climbing, biking, photography, cooking, barbeque, roller-blading, opera, theatre, design, architecture, lighting design
Music, Movies, and Books
The intouchables, Shift, Fight Club, The Matrix, Into the wild, Så som i himmelen, Before sunset, Before sunrise, Grabben i graven bredvid, Fyra vekor i juni, Jalla Jalla, Yes man, Blues Brothers
Music: Mumford & Sons, Nouvelle Vague, Lars Winnerbäck, Kent, Bo Kaspers Orkester, Miss Li, Theresa Andersson, Yoav, Paul van Dyk, Hotel Costes, Rock, House, Trance, Techno, Elektro, Chill-out, oh ... and some opera and classical stuff
Books: I just love books and book stores, esp 2nd hand book stores, I can spend many hours there and most of the time I find a special book that I really like!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- I was born! (maybe this should come before Couchsurfing - not sure ;-))
- Living in NYC (it is crazy and gave me a completely new perspective)
- building my own snow cave and sleeping inside of it
- Canyoning & rafting in Norway and Iceland
- Biketrip from Berlin (Germany) to Oslo (Norway)
- Biketrip from Lausanne in Switzerland to my hometown Mönchengladbach in Germany
- Interrailtrip from Budapest to Madrid in Summer 2008
- Interrailtrip from Kiev to Warsaw (via Budapest, Venrona, Munich, Marseille, Bordeaux, Madrid, Praha and many other places) in summer 2009
- Participating in the Loveparade in Berlin several times
- Caving in Budapest
- Celebrating my birthday at the Mountain Movie Festival in Norway, surrounded by +2000 m peaks
- Seeing the northern light (Aurora) in Tromsø (Norway)
- Seeing the Dalai Lama in Gothenburg (Sweden)
- Shaking Wayne Dyers hand in NY
- Meeting a Norwegian mooses in roadtraffic and while riding on a friendly iceland horse
- Crosscountryskiing in Norway (I do this several times a week in winter)
- Exploring archipelagos by sea kayak at the swedish west coast and saying hello to the harbor seals
- playing icehockey at -20°C in Oslo
- sailing around the lofot islands with a 120 year old sailing boat
- working at the main stage of one of Europes biggest fashion fairs
- working backstage at my favourite opera houses: the gothenburg opera in Sweden and tghe Norwegian National Opera and Ballet in Oslo
- working as a social worker and trying to make a difference in other people's lifes
- maiden voyage (after some renovation work) with my 100+ year old Norwegian sailing boat (in stormy weather)
- celebrating my birtday at 00.00 a.m. in the middle of the Oslo fjord with my friends, a home made cake, the dark water around us and the stars above
- Exploring the Baltic states and Eastern Europe (I am afraid I am getting addicted :-)
Teach, Learn, Share
hiking, climbing, sailing, unicycling, slacklining, photographing, cooking, baking, volleyball, inline skating, swimming & going to sauna, playing guitar and guitarlele, going to the beach! Party / Salsa dancing!
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, Norway, Sweden, United States