Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 10 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Asia and Kondi’s full profile.
Civil engineer with PhD working at Warsaw University of Technology (WUT) as an Assistant Professor where she deals with concretes, polymers and... students. In her free time blogging about traveling and food, learning Japanese and Mandarin Chinese. Used to sing in the WUT Academic Choir for several years. She is crazy about her cats...
IT Manager, fulfilling the duties of manager of infrastructure and operations team. Doing everything that's possible so the portals such as filmweb.pl or radiozet.pl work quickly and efficiently, and are safe for users.
Privately looks for vulnerabilities in software, controls drones, takes photos, collects gadgets, wins contests and drinks too much beer. Run a microblog using his watch. He is crazy about his cats...
We both love to travel and have been to several countries already, mostly in Asia - Japan, South Korea, India, China, Malaysia, Nepal, Singapore, Vietnam, Taiwan and in EU, but also in both Americas - Brazil, Argentina, USA, Canada. But we still have so much to discover.
We run a adventure-travel blog ( https://btth.pl/ ) and a travel podcast ( https://ojap.pl ). Please feel welcome to check out photos from our travels on the blog and Instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/bylemtutonyhalik/ ).
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
To get know new people from all over the world!
Since 2009 we have hosted and have been hosted many times.
Only good experiences so far :)
travels, photography, Asian cusine, art, architecture, literature, music, polymers and modern building materials (Joanna), new technologies and computers (Kondi)
Music, Movies, and Books
Asia: black metal, doom, gothic rock, rock, classical, reggae
Kondi: rock, punk, ska, reggae
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Can't choose only one! Among others we have...
1) Traveled across Russia by Transsib to Baikal Lake! (https://btth.pl/tag/transsib/)
2) Climbed Mt Fuji and watch the sunrise from the top! (https://btth.pl/temat/fuji-san/)
3) Witnessed the longest total solar eclipse of 21st century from Ganga River in Varanasi! (https://btth.pl/pelne-zacmienie-slonca-2009/)
4) Seen the Anapurna massif in Himalayas (plus the top of Mt Everest)! (https://btth.pl/pokhara-nepal/)
5) Seen flock of hundreds of storks tearing up the flight of the surface of the lake in Keoladeo Birds Park
6) Flied on the glide over Rio de Janeiro!
7) Visited tea plantation in Cameron Highlands in Malaysia
8) Visited Santorini located on the remainings of the gargantuan volcano
9) Done trekking around active volcano Sakurajima in Japan
10) Seen the Japanese macaques bathing in the hot springs in Nagano mountains
Teach, Learn, Share
We can teach you some Polish, English and basics of Japanese.
What I Can Share with Hosts
We can cook something good, we can teach you some Polish, English and basics of Japanese, or tell you some stories and share experiences about our travels.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Macedonia, Malaysia, Nepal, Netherlands, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In