- 100% response rate
- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Chris’s full profile.
I'm a friendly, open guy who is more interested in discovering who people are instead of being critical of who or what they aren't.
I have hosted singles, couples, and families. All are welcome.
Laughing and making others laugh is deeply satisfying. Exploring new places is great, but I also enjoy sitting somewhere listening to the stories and experiences of others.
It's great when someone pushes me to try new things and new experiences. (I sometimes play a game where I ask a stranger to give me a challenge to do within 24 hours, and then whatever it is that they say, I try to do it.)
I can also provide you with a small, fun daily challenge for each day you're in Malta (but only if you request them).
I look forward to meeting you and hosting you for a few days. Welcome in advance!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I have a little bit of extra space. Why not share it?
I love learning new things. My Christmas list often has a few books about obscure topics: folk skills from the Appalachian mountain region, how to apply stage makeup, edible plants of Central Asia, or the history of ketchup.
As time goes on, I've tried to start collecting books that couch surfers would enjoy reading if they choose to have a quiet day at the apartment.
- new experiences
- making new friends
- having fun
- late night conversations
- challenging myself
- eating new foods
- quirky people
- meeting artistic souls
Music, Movies, and Books
Books: I'm always interested in reading any book about an unknown topic. Any recommendations?
Teach, Learn, Share
I'm always interested in learning something new. The world is full of people with different skills and knowledge.
What I can share:
1) Curiosity: Lots of questions about whatever you are knowledgeable about.
2) Basic Spanish: You know the normal phrases: "Hola, como estas? Como te llamas? Por que me estas robando? Los guantes van en tus manos, no sobre la cabeza," etc.
3) I'd be happy to discuss game theory and how together we can gamify tedious parts of your life to make it more fun.
4) I like having people challenge me to new things I haven't tried before - it makes my day more interesting. I'm willing to give you a challenge as well if you ask for one.
5) I can discuss educational theory - but let's be honest, it's a party killer. So unless you specifically want to know more, I'll keep it to myself.
6) I can bake you cinnamon rolls, lemon bars, banana chocolate cake, etc.or make you pancakes or waffles if you request them (when I'm hosting you) or when have the right ingredients and equipment (pans, oven, etc.) if you're hosting me.
Countries I’ve Visited
Countries I’ve Lived In
Bolivia, Kyrgyzstan, Malta, United States, Yemen