- 100% response rate
- Last login about 23 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Thibaut’s full profile.
Discover the world.
Learn to know the human being.
Be my own boss.
PART 1 : When I host
PART 2 : When I travel
PART 3 : About me
WHEN I HOST
- If you send me a couch request, please read at least this section "When I host" and "My home" section, and you have approved it.
- Write "OLE" somewhere in your couch request to prove me that you read member's profiles before contacting them and that you agree with the home rules.
- If you wrote that you are open-minded in your profile, explain what does mean someone "open minded" to you.
You can send me a couch request one year in advance as the same day. I want to meet and help travelers in the same way they help me when I travel. I would prefer if you stay more than one night.
You can message me by WhatsApp +33674020502 ⚠️ ONLY if I already accepted your couch request, or if it's a last minute request and you have no time to wait my answer, thank you.
WHEN I TRAVEL
Slow travel style without any plans.
I don't have a precise itinerary, I immerse myself in the unknown.. and I love that !
I hitchhike and sleep by homestay.
I'm definitely in love with this kind of trip :
You don't know who will bring you somewhere by hitchhiking,
You don't know with who and where you will sleep,
You don't know which activities you will do for the day,
And so on...
It can be weird or scary for the people who only travel as a basic tourist, but there are so many caring people on earth, more than we can think. And if you plan your trip in advance, it's just impossible to meet the people and live the adventures you will get by this way.
For my travels, I hope to discover many landscapes and nice locals or travelers who will make me discover their customs, their history and their country.
In return, I would respect the environment, the fauna, the flora, and I could also help with pleasure.
The earth is a playground, and the locals and animals are friends.
Until september 2018, I was at university but I didn't like it at all. I don't have the mindset to be at school, so I decided to stop and go on a roadtrip for enjoy my youth and discover the world, something I always wanted to do.
Since this decision, sometimes I am travelling, sometimes not.
When I'm not travelling, I mainly work.
I love football and sports in general.
I am from a french village at 40min to Nice, 25min to Monaco and 7min to Italy.
When I am in my village, I live with my parents and our 3 cats (RIP Minou, 03/06/2019 ).
I like to listen to people talking about themselves. We learn a lot this way on a lot of subjects. I care about the current problems of the earth and humanity, sciences, ecology, environment, politics, economy, AI, religion, philosophy, future... and listen the different thoughts of people.
You can talk about everything, I try to have no filters.
- I am gay friendly but straight, thanks -
You can read some of my favorite quotes below and make your own opinion ;)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I am on Couchsurfing because it's a very good opportunity to meet locals and travelers all around the world.. I love it !
I can host you when I'm not travelling for sure.
Thanks to Couchsurfing I met wonderful people who are now friends, and it has no price.
My 3 best passions :
Football ⚽ Road trip Video games
- video games
- board games
- adventure travel
- learning languages
- learning new things
- craft beer
- exploring new places
- meeting new people
- learn new things
- thinking outside the box
- online business
- beerrrrr !
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies : Lord of the rings, The hobbit, Interstellar, Pirate of the Caribbean, Matrix, The wolf of Wall street, Forest Gump, The revenant, V for Vendetta, Will Hunting, The shawshank redemption, Inception, shutter Island...
Series : Breaking bad, GOT, Black mirror, Rick and Morty... (I would say TWD, but now it's pretty ).
Documentaries : Science, Social, Philosophy, Future, Ecology...
Music : Mainly Electro/techno and pop/rock music.
Also movies/video games music. Hanz Zimmer.
- How to make friends
- The millionaire fastlane
(MJ De Marco)
- Rich dad poor dad
- The leader in you
- Influence - The psychology of Persuasion
- La bible du grand voyageur
(Anick-Marie Bouchard, Guillaume Charroin, Nans Thomassey)
- Goosebumps (The serie of books)
(R. L. Stine)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Leaving university and becoming a backpacker travelling by myself in Europe, Africa, America and Asia.
- Get money by myself.
- To live in foreigner countries and learn their languages.
- Safari in Tanzania and seeing the big 5.
Teach, Learn, Share
SOME FAVORITE QUOTES :
- "Knowledge is power".
- Francis Bacon
- "Our life is what our thoughts are doing".
- Marcus Aurelius
- "The loser stops when he loses, the winner loses until he wins".
- I don't know
- "There is a much smaller chasm between ignorance and knowledge than between knowledge and action".
- Chris Guillebeau
- "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for".
- John A. Shedd
- "If we doubt our fears instead of doubting our dreams, imagine what we could accomplish".
- Joel Brown
- "If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it's lethal".
- Paolo Coelho
- "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all".
- Oscar Wilde
- "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to stop and think".
- Mark Twain
- "Who lives according to his means suffers from a lack of imagination".
- Oscar Wilde
- "The world belongs to the optimists, the pessimists are only spectators".
- François Guizot
- "At the birth of a child, if his mother asked his good fairy to endow him with the most useful gift for him, this gift would be curiosity".
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- "We must learn to live together as brothers, otherwise we will die together as idiots".
- Martin Luther King
- "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people".
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Each of us is a moon, with a hidden face that nobody sees".
- Mark Twain
- "Opinion is something intermediate between knowledge and ignorance".
- "One of the proofs of the immortality of the soul is that myriads have believed it. They also believed the world was flat".
- Mark Twain
"The fact that human distinguishes good from evil proves his intellectual superiority over all other creatures, but the fact that he can do evil proves the inferiority of his mind".
- Mark Twain
What I Can Share with Hosts
Being attentive, conversations about everything (no filters).
I can teach you Baguette langage 🇫🇷
We can also talk in English and Spanish 🇬🇧🇪🇸
I always read the profile before sending a couch request, so if you receive one from me, it's because I read your bio, I liked it and I really want to meet you.
CS is about meet people and no free hostel, so I love when I spent time with my host all day long during my stay. But if you are not available I can do activities by my own. I hope share as much as possible for considerate you as one of my friends when I leave home.
I see it as a formative journey where everyone can learn from others.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Paraguay, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Turkey, United States, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, Mexico, United States