- 95% response rate
- Last login about 23 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Thibaut’s full profile.
A french who wants to travel the world.
Learn to know the human being.
Be my own boss.
I am living from 1st september 2019 in Mexico 🇲🇽
PART 1 : When I host
PART 2 : When I travel
PART 3 : About me
1. WHEN I HOST
If you send me a couch request, please read at least this section (When I host) and "My home" section, and you have approved that.
You can send me a couch request one year in advance as the same day.. I don't care ! I just want to meet and help travelers in the same way they help me when I travel, and spend good times together. I would prefer if you stay more than one night.
I love learn languages, so it would be very appreciated if you can teach me your native language during your stay, or another one that you know better than me. Thanks !
Actually I live in Guadalajara, delegación Tlaquepaque. It's a beautiful "pueblo mágico" (Magic village), my house is located at the famous center.
If in your profile you wrote it, explain what does mean someone "open minded" for you.
If you can't send me a couch request, you can message me by my WhatsApp +33674020502
2. WHEN I TRAVEL
Slow travel style without any plans.
I don't have a precise itinerary, I immerse myself in the unknown.. and I love that !
I use hitchhiking, ask for throw away food, and sleep by homestay or where I can.
I try to travel by using the minimum possible of hotels, restaurants and public transport.
I know it's hardcore mode, but I'm definitely in love with this kind of trip :
You don't know who will bring you somewhere by hitchhiking,
You don't know when and what you will eat,
You don't know with who and where you will sleep,
You don't know which activities you will do for the day,
And so on...
It can be weird or scary for some, but there are so many caring people on earth, more than you think. And if you plan your trip in advance, it's just impossible to meet the people and live the adventures you will get by this way.
For my travels, I hope to discover many landscapes and nice locals or travelers who will make me discover their customs, their history and their country.
In return, I would respect the environment, the fauna, the flora, and I could also help people with pleasure.
The earth is a playground, and the locals and animals friends.
3. ABOUT ME
Until september 2018, I was at university but I didn't like it at all. I don't have the mindset to be at school, so I decided to stop and go on a roadtrip for enjoy my youth and discover the world, something I always wanted to do. I finally stop my travels when I landed in Mexico, living with my girlfriend in this country. I will continue my travels later with her.
I love football and sports in general.
I am from Sospel, at 45 min of Nice, it's a french village between Monaco and the border of Italy with my parents, my brother and my 3 cats (RIP Minou - 03/06/2019 ).
I like to listen to people talking about themselves. We learn a lot this way on a lot of subjects. I care about the current problems of the earth and humanity : sciences, ecology, environment, politics, economy, AI, religion, philosophy, future... And listen the different thoughts of people.
You can talk about everything, I try to have no filters.
- I am gay friendly but straight, thanks -
You can read some of my favorite quotes below and make your own opinion ;)
Long live the travel,
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I am on Couchsurfing because it's a very good opportunity to meet locals and travelers all around the world.. I love it !
I can host you when I don't travel for sure.
Thanks to Couchsurfing I met wonderful people who are now friends, and it has no price.
My 3 best passions :
Football ⚽ Road trip Video games
- video games
- adventure travel
- learning languages
- learning new things
- craft beer
- exploring new places
- meeting new people
- learn new things
- thinking outside the box
- beerrrrr !
Music, Movies, and Books
I love series like Breaking bad, GOT, Black mirror, TWD, Rick and Morty, and else...
I like all kinds of music, but I prefer electro/techno and pop/rock music.
My favourites books :
- How to make friends
- Rich dad poor dad
- The leader in you
- Influence - The psychology of Persuasion
- The 4 hours work week
- La bible du grand voyageur
(Anick-Marie Bouchard, Guillaume Charroin, Nans Thomassey)
- Think and grow rich
- Success through a positive mental attitude
(Napoleon Hill & Clement Stone)
- Goosebumps (The serie of books)
(R. L. Stine)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Downloading Couchsurfing.
- Became a backpacker travelling by myself in Europe, Morocco and North America.
- Safari in Tanzania and see the big 5.
Teach, Learn, Share
SOME FAVORITE QUOTES :
- "Knowledge is power".
- Francis Bacon
- "Our life is what our thoughts are doing".
- Marcus Aurelius
- "The loser stops when he loses, the winner loses until he wins".
- I don't know
- "There is a much smaller chasm between ignorance and knowledge than between knowledge and action".
- Chris Guillebeau
- "If we doubt our fears instead of doubting our dreams, imagine what we could accomplish".
- Joel Brown
- "If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it's lethal".
- Paolo Coelho
- "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all".
- Oscar Wilde
- "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to stop and think".
- Mark Twain
- "Who lives according to his means suffers from a lack of imagination".
- Oscar Wilde
- "The world belongs to the optimists, the pessimists are only spectators".
- François Guizot
- "At the birth of a child, if his mother asked his good fairy to endow him with the most useful gift for him, this gift would be curiosity".
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- "We must learn to live together as brothers, otherwise we will die together as idiots".
- Martin Luther King
- "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people".
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Each of us is a moon, with a hidden face that nobody sees".
- Mark Twain
- "Opinion is something intermediate between knowledge and ignorance".
- "One of the proofs of the immortality of the soul is that myriads have believed it. They also believed the world was flat".
- Mark Twain
"The fact that human distinguishes good from evil proves his intellectual superiority over all other creatures, but the fact that he can do evil proves the inferiority of his mind".
- Mark Twain
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can teach you Baguette langage 🇫🇷
English and Spanish as well 🇬🇧🇪🇸
Being attentive, let the house clean, conversations about everything (no filters).
CS is for meet people and no free hostel, so I love when I spent time with my host all day long during my stay. But if you are not available I can do activities by my own. In any case I hope share as much as possible for considerate you as one of my friends when I leave home.
I see it as a formative journey where everyone can learn from others.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Paraguay, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Tanzania, United States, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, Mexico, United States