Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Thierry’s full profile. It’s free!
Making my way through the IMDb Top 250.
In references that people left me I've been called trustworthy, open-minded, nice, positive, fun, great, friendly, laid-back, respectful, awesome, courteous, funny, lovely, down-to-earth, respectful, independent, clean, helpful, easy-going, adaptable, adventuresome and even a gentleman. I don't really know if any of that applies; I just think I'm this generation's messiah!
"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthousiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I surfed quite a lot, went to some meetings/activities and am catching up on my hosting.
· Bernadette from the United States | Apr 30 - May 2 2013
· Eugen from Germany | May 15 2013
· Helen from Germany | May 16 2013
· Junghoon from South Korea | May 29-30 2013
· Petra from Hungary | June 12 2013
· Amanda from the United States | June 24-26 2013
· Yağmur from Turkey & Lauren from Australia | Aug 16-17 2013
· Franta from the Czech Republic | Sep 6-8 2013
· Pasha from the United States | Sept 12-13 2013
· Lana from Ireland | Nov 22-26 2013
· Kostas from Greece | Nov 28-29 2013
· Mike & Bobbie from the United States | Dec 10-11 2013
· Dolly in Boston, MA, USA | Oct 12-13 2009
· Ben in Springfield, MA, USA | Oct 15-16 2009
· Victor in West-Hartford, CT, USA | Oct 17-20 2009
· Mike & Jing in New Haven CT, USA | Oct 21-23 2009
· Kira in New Haven, CT, USA | Oct 24-25 2009
· Matt in New York, NY, USA | Oct 28-29 2009
· Juan in New York, NY, USA | Oct 30 2009
· Daniel in New York, NY, USA | Oct 31 - Nov 1 2009
· Megan in Philadelphia, PA, USA | Nov 2-6 2009
· Lindsay in Baltimore, MD, USA | Nov 7-10 2009
· Kate in Washington, DC, USA | Nov 11-15 2009
· Steve in Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Nov 16-18 2009
· John in Richmond, VA, USA | Nov 19-21 2009
· Eve in Williamsburg, VA, USA | Nov 22-23 2009
· Bill in Virginia Beach, VA, USA | Nov 24-26 2009
· Connor in Savannah, GA, USA | Dec 4-6 + Dec 10 2009
· Graham in Tybee Island, GA, USA | Dec 7-9 2009
· Erin in Jacksonville, FL, USA | Dec 11-12 2009
· Alicia in Jacksonville, FL, USA | Dec 13 2009
· Elizabeth in Tallahassee, FL, USA | Dec 14-19 2009
· Kat in Pensacola, FL, USA | Dec 20-25 2009
· Galia in New Orleans, LA, USA | Dec 26 2009 - Jan 1 2010
· Meg & Merrill in Austin, TX, USA | Jan 2-4 2010
· Olivia in San Antonio, TX, USA | Jan 6-9 2010
· Karla & Jared in El Paso, TX, USA | Jan 11-12 2010
· Matt & Nicole in Albuquerque, NM, USA | Jan 13-14 10
· Kerry & Monica in Santa Fe, NM, USA | Jan 15-16 2010
· Rebecka in Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Jan 18-19 2010
· Eric in Denver, CO, USA | Jan 20-22 2010
· Michael in Fort Collins, CO, USA | Jan 23 2010
· Rob & Rowan in Fort Collins, CO, USA | Jan 24-25 2010
· Mike & Melissa in Laramie, WY, USA | Jan 26 2010
· Sarah in Heber City, UT, USA | Jan 28 2010
· Alex in Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Jan 29 2010
· Iain in Cedar City, UT, USA | Jan 30-31 2010
· Justin & Heather in Henderson, NV, USA | Feb 1-3 2010
· Heather in Flagstaff, AZ, USA | Feb 4 2010
· Kareesa in Flagstaff, AZ, USA | Feb 5-7 2010
· Melanie & Caissey in Tucson, AZ, USA | Feb 9-10 2010
· Elyse in Yuma, AZ, USA | Feb 11-12 2010
· Ivan in Tijuana, Mexico | Feb 13-15 2010
· Emily in San Diego, CA, USA | Feb 16-20 2010
· Josh & Jane in Oceanside, CA, USA | Feb 21-24 2010
· Debbie in Laguna Beach, CA, USA | Feb 25 2010
· Dan in Laguna Beach, CA, USA | Feb 26-27 2010
· Brooke in Huntington Beach, CA, USA | Feb 28 2010
· Pascal in West-Hollywood, CA, USA | Mar 1 2010
· Owen & Mary in Santa Monica, CA, USA | Mar 2-4 2010
· Carlyn in Los Angeles, CA, USA | Mar 5-8 2010
· Chris in Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Mar 9 2010
· Greg & Barrie in San Luis Obispo, CA, USA | Mar 10-11 2010
· Andy in San José, CA, USA | Mar 12-15 2010
· Hardy in San Francisco, CA, USA | Mar 16-17 2010
· Dina in San Francisco, CA, USA | Mar 18 2010
· Naomi in San Francisco, CA, USA | Mar 19-20 2010
· Kendra & Elle in Eugene, OR, USA | Mar 26-27 2010
· Cameron in Portland, OR, USA | Mar 28-30 2010
· Ryan in Seattle, WA, USA | Mar 31 - Apr 2 2010
· Jaap in Amsterdam, Netherlands | Aug 30 2010
· Ronne in Amsterdam, Netherlands | Sep 16 2010
· Vega in Stockholm, Sweden | Dec 27 2011
· Sara in Gothenburg, Sweden | Jan 3-5 2012
· Nesli in Bursa, Turkey | Jan 3-4 2013
· Abbas in Izmir, Turkey | Jan 6 2013
· Yağmur in Paris, France | Aug 21 2013
· Lauren in Paris, France | Aug 22 2013
Films, coffee, writing, opening mail, BBQ sauce, Plinkett reviews... oh, and some travelling every now and then.
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: Acda en De Munnik, Arctic Monkeys, Balthazar, The Beatles, The Black Keys, Coldplay, Customs, Alela Diane, Blitzen Trapper, Editors, Franz Ferdinand, The Heavy, Johnny Stardust, The Last Shadow Puppets, Metric, Tom McRae, Oasis, The Raconteurs, Reverend and the Makers, The Rifles, Triggerfinger, KT Tunstall, The View, The White Stripes, Amy Winehouse, Hans Zimmer
Films: Apocalypse Now, Babel, Batman Begins & The Dark Knight (didn't care for the third one), The Big Lebowski, The Bourne Trilogy, Braveheart, Collateral, The Departed, Fight Club, Gladiator, Gone Baby Gone, Heat, Jurassic Park, Inception, Into the Wild, Lawrence of Arabia, The Lord of the Rings, Munich, Once Upon a Time in the West, Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, Shame, The Shawshank Redemption, The Social Network, Starship Troopers, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Zodiac
TV shows: Band of Brothers, Camelot, Carnivàle, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, Deadwood, Family Guy, Firefly, Freaks and Geeks, Generation Kill, Into the West, Lost, The Pacific, Prison Break, Rome, Spartacus, The Sopranos, South Park, Twin Peaks, Oz
Books: Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson), A Dawn Like Thunder (Douglas Reeman), Deverry-series (Katharine Kerr) Everything Is Illuminated (Jonathan Safran Foer), The Farseer Trilogy (Robin Hobb), Fight Club (Chuck Palahniuk), Into the Wild (Jon Krakauer), Labyrinth (Kate Mosse), The Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien), The Tommyknockers (Stephen King), Troost (Ronald Giphart)... and of course the Lonely Planet
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I travelled the United States with a backpack for almost six months, surfing couches in every town I visited.
I spent three summers working and living in Lyon, France; met a lot of fascinating people, saw some beautiful things and did a lot of crazy stuff.
I climbed the Windy Gap in Ireland under some of the worst weather conditions imaginable... while only wearing sneakers, short jeans and a jacket, all completely soaked.
One time when I tried to hitchhike, a cop pulled over to tell me that I wasn't allowed to... only to end up giving me a ride in his policecar to the next village. How's that for irony
I watched the entire first season of Prison Break within twentyfour hours...
I once stole a chalkboard from a restaurant and gave it to a friend on her birthday as a form of payback to the restaurant that she held a grudge against.
I have biked from my hometown Oosterhout to another Oosterhout and back again - that's about 200 kilometers - all within a day.
I have never smoked or used drugs. Yet I have woken up in a hospital after a night of heavy drinking... twice.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Belgium, France, Netherlands