Maybe Accepting Guests
- 50% response rate
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Cristobal’s full profile. It’s free!
experience the world... not just visit it!
born and raised in Guadalajara, Jalisco, México... though after I discovered travelling, I've been looking for new lands to set my feet on... the world is such a big canvas and I feel like painting!
I'd like to think of myself as "normal", but then again, normal is boring, so I usually try to stay out of it. .. According to wikipedia, I think I could fit what is nowadays called a "millennial" .. in a nutshell, a guy with a lot of interests, self employed, who doesn't believe in marriage, religion and the current system, and is hungry for learning and sharing!
As for my interests… How to put it... I have many passions, but one main drive, and that is to create. So I try to learn as much as possible from as many things as I can ... and then try to put it all together to come up with something innovative, and most importantly, something that says something, that transcends, and hopefully contribute in making our world a little happier and better for everyone.
Im a multimedia artist, have a little business of adventure media productions where I found I can do many of my passions, from music to video, photography, design, being outdoors and travel all in one job! ;)
I love music, the only universal language; making it, listening to it, all of it… music is one of the purest ways to translate a raw feeling, a melody that brings all those memories right back in just a blink... with only a handful of notes, it can be amazingly diverse and rich, make you weep, laugh, dance, scream or relax you... Music is just .. the human feelings and dreams turned into sound waves...
I love playing piano, guitar and singing, I try to make my own compositions, and if the wind blows me in the right direction, I'll be a film-score producer.
Mountains, snow, lakes, pine trees and high cliffs are my favorite landscapes and where I can feel at home… Nature in general, I love being outdoors and I aint huge fan of big cities.
Rock-climbing is one of my addictions, i've been doing it for quite a few years now and I just cant get enough of it…
.We're all pretty lucky to be here..
I mean, we're passing through this world, living our miserable daily lives getting worried by a thousand stupid things that society embedded in our heads without us even knowing! and when you look back to frame the big picture, Its very absurd, we're here just for a blink of existence.. a really short time of this sort of awareness we call life... so it's up to us to decide what to do with it,... i dunno about you but I personally don't wanna waste it … so, follow you dreams, and remember that everything you didn't dare to do, Is a moment that wont come back.
We are who we decide to be.
...let me throw a few of my favorite phrases and quotes! :)
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow"
~§"there's no such a thing as time.. it's our time"
- Don't Judge, is probably not that bad!
.. if you have a dream... follow it!... never quit!
... question everything, the only way to true knowledge is to question, those who don't, are only assuming...
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
- I traveled through south America in summer 2009, c.surfing here and there in different countries, and meeting very cool people... great experience! - traveled 2010-2011 in Aussie and NZ, surfing couches and hosting a few, making very good friends!- Hosting back home in 2011, meeting incredible people from all over the world!- Going to CS meetings & parties!
- Lived in the Netherlands from Jan-July 2012, and participated in the Leewarden's CS community, going to CS meetings and events, very nice people!
also had awesome hosts and experiences during my travels around Europe, going climbing, dinning, partying... it just gets addictive :)
- Went to Boom Festival 2012, and stayed at the CS camping ground, amazing people and wicked festival!
I Couchsurfed throughout the Andes from Quito, Ecuador to the tip of the continent at Puerto natales, Chile... I met so many people, and I gotta say that couchsurfing is the best way to travel and really see and experience how the locals live! ... you never know what to expect with couchsurfing... and that's the fun part! ... you'll be surprise how many gentle, nice and interesting people are still left in the world!... I was in Australia on 2010.. surfing with a couple in Brisbane, great guys.. so funny coincidence that one of them knew one of my best friends long ago climbing in thailand!... small world isn't it?! ... they ended up being very good friends, starting as hosts and becoming flatmates!New Zealand (sep2010-jan2011), Amazing country! wicked people! met so many nice kiwis, couched a few times here and there and went to the CS meetings and some events.. there's a great CS vibe in Auckland! now back home! (not by choice really! if it was me I'd still be traveling... is addictive you know? once you start you cant stop!) ... but well, time to travel in a different way, thru my surfers! time to host!!It's been incredible to host, I've meet very interesting and incredible people, from Argentinians biking all the way from Venezuela, to permanent wanderers, couples, vagabonds in search for themselves just like me... all of them with one thing in common: their passion for traveling and meeting new people!
- music its one of my passions, i love specially chillout and most of electronic music, classical, soundtracks ...
- i'm extreme sports addict, rock climber.. love mountaineering, parachuting, mountain biking, kite surfing or anything where adrenaline is involved.
- Art and design, Travel Photography and Music production, specially Filmscoring!
- love traveling, visit historic places and meet new people and different cultures
- i enjoy deep chats wandering about the future, past, spirit, philosophy, space, science fiction and stuff we can hardly understand.. and off course the simple everyday pleasures of a nice beer, or a good climb!
Music, Movies, and Books
I love movies, i think cinema is one of the greatest inventions, where all those dreams and fantasies of one lunatic are turned into a piece of "public" art for everyone else to fall in love with his dreams in our very own way...
my favorite movie genre... science fiction, action, fantasy and everything that has to do with other realities, just because i think it's enough with the one we live in, isn't it?
- Interstellar! what a film! :O (and most of nolan's films!)
- I love the lord of the rings, matrix, the fountain, contact, also all the james bond and sort of films.
complicated movies like Inception are awesome too!
In Music... well.. honestly I can't handle reggaeton, banda (a mexico's folcloric music) or some of the punk and their variations...
other than that i appreciate any type of music that has some feeling in it, something to say, either with or without words.
- Soundtracks and scores, Hans Zimmer is one of my favorites! Clint mansell too
- love electronic music, all the way from trance, house, electro-jazz, to chillout and ambient...
... books I love go on the same mood as movies... science fiction and fantasy... dune, lord of the rings, asimov, and so on... I also like to read history and NatGeo magazine..
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Cambodian people, in general... can't believe how much they've suffered, beaten by genocides and poverty, and yet they're one of the most smiling and friendly people i've met! :)
- Patagonia, oooh patagonia! ... think is one of my top's in the world!
climb at the top of the highest peak in mexico... It's such a strong feeling to look far down and say.. i came all the way up with my very own feet...
rockclimbing el "potrero chico"... being at 2500ft holding only with your fingers and standing on the tip of your toes .. with the air blowing trying to tear you off the rock... you really get in touch with your deepest fears... and defeat them.. (in theory!)
.free fall from a plane at 9000ft.... loooooved it! its the closest experience to fly!... I will do it a thousand times if I have the money!
- sounds quite touristy, but i loved bunjy-jumping from the 134m navis-bunjy @ queenstown! wicked! (and wicked expensive)
experiencing the world, a little piece of heart at a time! ... the goal is to paint it all someday!.. if i live long enough!
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach. Learn. Share .... there's a good slogan, think I will put it to use!
.. "the only way to true knowledge is experience"... cross the line, go beyond, get interested, get involved, get your hands dirty... try.
- we die the moment we stop dreaming.
- love this quote : “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
- "life is like a book, and those who don't travel read only one page" -St. Tomas De Aquino
... always smile!... even if you're alone and you feel stupid... happiness will come in eventually!
... NEVER be afraid to ask!... you never now... there might be a hole new experience you can loose if you don't dare!!
-"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure -- these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can teach you some guitar if you're interested!
how to cook "camarones al aguachile!" yumm tasty mexican fresh shrimp dish
I can always share a drink, a smile and a good chat!
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, Cuba, Ecuador, France, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand