Wants to Meet Up
- 100% response rate
- Last login 3 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Alexander’s full profile. It’s free!
NO FREE COUCH UNTIL FEBRUARY 12!
Welcome to my profile, fellow CouchSurfers 🙂 I’m Alex, a humorous untypical German guy with an altruistic attitude who is eager to learn something new each day. I'm a straight edge veggie (no alcohol/smoking/drugs/meat/fish for me), but I tolerate other opinions of course and abhor preaching. I'm finally back from a 3-year CS-abstinence after horrible years and terrible experiences, but now I'm on my way back in order to live life to the fullest and to be happy again 🙂 That's why I'm a modest, authentic and cordial person who really appreciates what he has and who treasures honesty and respect. My references vouch for me.
If you are new here and don't know what CouchSurfing is (once we were all greenhorns, right? ), please read these articles before submitting your request. Thanks a bunch!
And if you want to know anything else: https://support.couchsurfing.org/hc/en-us/categories/200035710-Using-Couchsurfing
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
CouchSurfing is a fantastic chance to exchange culture, to encounter a country beyond its touristic ways, to share life experiences, to have fun together and so much more 🙂 Thus, I
- organized several weekly CS meetings in Rostock, Germany (2011 – 2012)
- moderated the Rostock group, Germany (2011 – 2012)
- hosted people from Germany, Lithuania, Belgium and Brazil in Rostock (2011-2012) and from Germany, Poland, Canada, France, United Kingdom, Estonia and Kyrgyzstan in Berlin (2012 – 2013, 2016)
- surfed couches or met surfers in Germany, Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, France, Poland, Lithuania and Estonia (2011 – 2014, 2016)
- wanted to surf couches in Andorra (2014) and in Latvia (2016), but nobody had some free time
- am looking forward to host more wonderful people and to surf further couches in the future 🙂
I appreciate authentic and profound people who have a heart of gold. Life is truly too precious for lies, hate, war and artificiality. And I have a soft spot for people who struggle and won't give up, who are modest, humble, who value their life and try to make the world a better place with their actions or by just being nice and helpful. People who actually live and don't only exist. People with an own opinion who stand for their beliefs and don't betray others. People who are emotional, doubt and love to laugh. Who follow their dreams. Gosh, that's rare. Sigh.
- winter swimming
- becoming happy
- staying happy
Music, Movies, and Books
I'm a music freak, also addicted to movies and books and my taste is very eclectic. Filling this section would definitely go beyond the scope
If you are interested in, I have a YouTube channel where I infrequently upload piano and accordion songs in bad sound quality (due to the lack of money), but I still like to share them with my family, friends and people who appreciate honest music.
https://bit.ly/MultiLinguAlexPiano & https://bit.ly/MultiLinguAlexAccordion
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
There was a time in my life in which I was almost completely hopeless. My health was in such a terrible condition that I almost died, my (now ex-)girlfriend betrayed me in a worst-case scenario, I had no money to pay my rent, to exist independently and to cope with my problems at all, and my whole life burst into flames. Searching for professional help, not finally giving up, trying to deal with my problems and to regain both my self-esteem and my positive attitude towards life as well as receiving my diploma as foreign language correspondent and becoming a course developer for two language courses with more than 25 million users and a forum moderator for Duolingo, the biggest language learning platform worldwide, even though I was still severely ill - that's the most amazing thing I've done so far in my life.
Teach, Learn, Share
Teaching (sharing): I can show you how to
- learn German, English and languages in general successfully.
- play the piano, the accordion and the melodica. I own a stage piano, an accordion, 3 different melodicas and 3 guitars. So let's play some music together
- deal with violent diseases, rough patches and bad life experiences.
- lose weight correctly in a healthy way.
Learning (sharing): I would love to
- develop my language skills in English (C1), French (B1), Esperanto (A1) and to relearn Spanish from scratch.
- play the guitar. I own 3 cheap guitars, so please teach me something!
- play the hang/space drum, the sansula/kalimba/karimba, violin, drums - and some Djembe again.
- learn to improve my cooking skills for healthy vegetarian/vegan food.
- exercise Yoga, medidation and Krav Maga (never did that before).
- dance. Please, I'd love to learn some salsa, bachata (thanks, Teele from Estonia ) or swing moves, but I'm a mere rookie 🙂
What I Can Share with Hosts
A warm welcome. Honesty. Experience. Knowledge. Great conversations. My books, music, instruments and rocking chair. Usual and unusual spots in Berlin. And my story.
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Austria, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Slovakia, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In