Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 4 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Alexander’s full profile. It’s free!
Ihr könnt mir Couchanfragen und Nachrichten auf Deutsch schreiben (Muttersprachler).
You can write your couch requests and messages in English (I’m fluent, level C1).
Vous pouvez écrire vos demandes d’hébergement et messages en français (niveau B1).
Vi povas skribi viajn demandojn en Esperanton, sed mi estas nur komencanto (A1).
Welcome to my profile, fellow CouchSurfers =) I’m Alex, a humorous guy with a philanthropic attitude who is eager to learn something new each day. My references vouch for me.
IMPORTANT: I appreciate bespoke couch requests and I highly value honesty and respect, so please read my profile thoroughly. If you don't have the time to do that, just indicate that in your couch request. That's honest and much better than writing a copypaste request! Furthermore, you are not only searching for a free place to sleep, but you will get in touch with people and take part in their everyday life. That's the fundamental difference to hotels, hostels or Airbnb!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
CouchSurfing is a fantastic chance to exchange culture, to encounter a country beyond its touristic ways, to share life experiences, to have fun together and so much more =) Thus, I
- organized several weekly CS meetings in Rostock, Germany (2011 – 2012)
- moderated the Rostock group, Germany (2011 – 2012)
- surfed couches in Germany, Hungary and Austria (2011 – 2013)
- hosted people from approximately 15 countries in Rostock and Berlin (2011 – 2013)
- attended meetings in Germany, Austria and Slovakia (2011 – 2013)
- wanted to surf couches in Andorra and France (both 2014), but nobody responded =(
Yes, I'm a Vegetarian.
No, I won't preach or try to persuade you to become one.
Yes, we can talk about that topic openly.
No, I don't have a problem with you eating meat and fish in my place when you decide to surf my couch ;-)
- winter swimming
- becoming happy
- staying happy
Music, Movies, and Books
I'm a music freak, also addicted to movies and books and my taste is very eclectic in general. Filling this section would definitely go beyond the scope ;-)
If you are interested in, I have a YouTube channel where I infrequently upload piano and accordion songs in bad sound quality (due to the lack of money), but I still like to share it with my family, friends and people who appreciate honest music.
https://bit.ly/MultiLinguAlexPiano & https://bit.ly/MultiLinguAlexAccordion
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
There was a time in my life in which I was almost completely hopeless. My health was so in such a bad condition that I almost died, my (now ex-)girlfriend betrayed me in a worst-case scenario, I had no money to pay my rent, to exist independently and to cope with my problems at all, and my whole life burst into flames. Searching for professional help, not giving up, trying to deal with and solve my problems, combating my abhorrent inner demons and trying to regain my self-esteem and positive attitude towards life plus receiving my diploma as foreign language correspondent and becoming a course developer for two language courses with more than 22 million users and a forum foderator for Duolingo, the biggest language learning platform worldwide, even though I was still severely ill - that's the most amazing thing I've done so far in my life.
Sometimes, you cannot solve your problems and combat your illnesses successfully, but you can develop a right attitude and try to make the best out of it. Whatever you have to deal with, no matter how nasty and cruel it may be, how desperate you may ever be - f*ck the naysayers and fight for your right to be happy!
Teach, Learn, Share
Teaching (sharing): I can show you how to
- learn German, English and languages in general successfully.
- play the piano and the accordion.
- deal with violent diseases, rough patches and bad life experiences.
- lose weight correctly in a healthy way.
- become the worst billiard player ever. I'm deadly serious here ;-)
Learning (sharing): I would love to
- develop my language skills. I'd love to learn more idiomatic expressions and puns (English), to have more conversations (French) and learn more about Esperanto and Spanish.
- play the guitar. I own two guitars, so please teach me something!
- learn to cook properly and healthy vegetarian/vegan food.
- exercise Yoga, autogenic training and Krav Maga.
What I Can Share with Hosts
A warm welcome. Honesty. Experience. Knowledge. Great conversations. My books, music, instruments and rocking chair. And my story.
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Austria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Monaco, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Slovakia, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In