Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 5 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Alexander’s full profile. It’s free!
Ihr könnt mir Couchanfragen und Nachrichten auf Deutsch schreiben (Muttersprachler).
You can write your couch requests and messages in English (I’m fluent, level C1).
Vous pouvez écrire vos demandes d’hébergement et messages en français (niveau B1).
Vi povas skribi viajn demandojn en Esperanton, sed mi estas nur komencanto (A1).
Welcome to my profile, fellow CouchSurfers =) I’m Alex, a humorous guy with a philanthropic attitude who is eager to learn something new each day. My references vouch for me.
IMPORTANT: I appreciate bespoke couch requests and I highly value honesty and respect, so please read my profile thoroughly. If you don't have the time to do that, please only read the sections "My Interests" and "My home" and indicate in your couch request that you did not read my entire profile because of the lack of time. That's honest and much better than writing a copypaste request! FURTHERMORE, you are not only searching for a free place to sleep, but you will get in touch with people and take part in their everyday life. That's the fundamental difference to hotels, hostels or Airbnb!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
CouchSurfing is a fantastic chance to exchange culture, to encounter a country beyond its touristic ways, to share life experiences, to have fun together and so much more =) Thus, I
- organized numerous weekly meetings in Rostock, Germany (2011 – 2012)
- moderated the Rostock group, Germany (2011 – 2012)
- surfed couches in Germany, Hungary and Austria (2011 – 2013)
- hosted people from approximately 15 countries in Rostock and Berlin (2011 – 2013)
- attended meetings in Germany, Austria and Slovakia (2011 – 2013)
- wanted to surf couches in Andorra and France (both 2014), but nobody responded =(
Music. Languages. Philosophy. Psychology. Travels. Economics. Politics. History. Literature. Nature. Science. PC. Health. Sports. Vegetarianism & Veganism (non-militant style). Ice-bathing. Movies. Becoming happy. Staying happy.
Music, Movies, and Books
I'm a music freak, also addicted to movies and books and my taste is very eclectic in general. Filling this section would definitely go beyond the scope ;-)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
There was a time in my life when I was completely hopeless because my dreams crumbled, my health condition was incredibly bad, I had no money at all to exist independently, my former partner betrayed me in a worst-case scenario and my whole life burst into flames. Searching for professional help, not giving up, trying to deal with and solve my problems, combating my abhorrent inner demons and trying to regain my self-esteem and positive attitude plus receiving my diploma as foreign language correspondent - that's the most amazing thing I've done so far.
Teach, Learn, Share
Teaching (sharing): I can show you how to
- learn German, English and languages in general successfully and fast.
- play the piano and the accordion.
- deal with violent diseases, rough patches and bad life experiences.
- lose weight correctly in a healthy way.
Learning (sharing): I would love to
- develop my language skills. I'd love to learn more idiomatic expressions and puns (English), to have more conversations (French) and learn more about Esperanto and Spanish.
- play the guitar. I own two guitars, so please teach me something!
- learn to cook properly and healthy vegetarian and vegan food.
- exercise Yoga, autogenic training and Krav Maga.
What I Can Share with Hosts
A warm welcome. Honesty. Experience. Knowledge. Great conversations. And my story.
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Austria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Monaco, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Slovakia, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In