Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 4 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Alexander’s full profile. It’s free!
Ihr könnt mir Couchanfragen und Nachrichten auf Deutsch schreiben (Muttersprachler).
You can write your couch requests and messages in English (I’m fluent, level C1).
Vous pouvez écrire vos demandes d’hébergement et messages en français (niveau B1).
Vi povas skribi viajn demandojn en Esperanton, sed mi estas nur komencanto (A1).
Welcome to my profile, fellow CouchSurfers =) I’m Alex, a humorous guy with an altruistic attitude who is eager to learn something new each day. My references vouch for me.
If you want to surf my couch, these are my special traits/habits and they are therefore important for your stay to know:
- I'm highly sensitive, very emphatic and (if you're into psychology) the high sensation seeking/scanner personality type. Please search for "Sensory Processing Sensitivity" for understanding the gist of it since you may have never heard of that before. But it certainly doesn't mean that I'm squeamish. It's a very interesting trait with all its pros and cons and I'll gladly tell you what this is really about. I'm deeply moved by arts, especially music and I'm not the party type at all.
- I live straight edge and refuse the consumption of alcohol, nicotine, drugs and coffee. Nope, I'm not militant and respect your opinion. It's simply my own choice =)
- I'm Vegetarian (except for when I travel since I want to taste local food), but you can eat whatever you want at my place. I'm cool with it.
- Does that mean that I'm a complicated person? Absolutely not - just read the references ;-) But if you want to smoke, drink and party all night long in Berlin, I'm simply the wrong host for you.
- I appreciate bespoke couch requests and I highly value honesty and respect, so please read my profile thoroughly before submitting your request. Thanks a bunch!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
CouchSurfing is a fantastic chance to exchange culture, to encounter a country beyond its touristic ways, to share life experiences, to have fun together and so much more =) Thus, I
- organized several weekly CS meetings in Rostock, Germany (2011 – 2012)
- moderated the Rostock group, Germany (2011 – 2012)
- surfed couches in Germany, Hungary and Austria (2011 – 2013)
- hosted people from approximately 15 countries in Rostock and Berlin (2011 – 2013)
- attended meetings in Germany, Austria and Slovakia (2011 – 2013)
- wanted to surf couches in Andorra and France (both 2014), but nobody responded =(
- plan to surf couches in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia (Nov. 2016)
I appreciate authentic and profound people. Life's honestly too valuable for lies, hate, war and artificiality.
- winter swimming
- becoming happy
- staying happy
Music, Movies, and Books
I'm a music freak, also addicted to movies and books and my taste is very eclectic. Filling this section would definitely go beyond the scope ;-)
If you are interested in, I have a YouTube channel where I infrequently upload piano and accordion songs in bad sound quality (due to the lack of money), but I still like to share them with my family, friends and people who appreciate honest music.
https://bit.ly/MultiLinguAlexPiano & https://bit.ly/MultiLinguAlexAccordion
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
There was a time in my life in which I was almost completely hopeless. My health was in such a terrible condition that I almost died, my (now ex-)girlfriend betrayed me in a worst-case scenario, I had no money to pay my rent, to exist independently and to cope with my problems at all, and my whole life burst into flames. Searching for professional help, not finally giving up, trying to deal with my problems and to regain both my self-esteem and my positive attitude towards life as well as receiving my diploma as foreign language correspondent and becoming a course developer for two language courses with more than 25 million users and a forum moderator for Duolingo, the biggest language learning platform worldwide, even though I was and am still severely ill - that's the most amazing thing I've done so far in my life.
Teach, Learn, Share
Teaching (sharing): I can show you how to
- learn German, English and languages in general successfully.
- play the piano and the accordion.
- deal with violent diseases, rough patches and bad life experiences.
- lose weight correctly in a healthy way.
- become the second worst billiard player ever. (Guess who's number one? ;-) )
Learning (sharing): I would love to
- develop my language skills. I'd love to learn more idiomatic expressions and puns (English), to have more conversations (French) and learn more about Esperanto, Spanish and your mother tongue.
- play the guitar. I own three (very cheap) guitars, so please teach me something!
- learn to cook properly and healthy vegetarian/vegan food.
- exercise Yoga, autogenic training and Krav Maga.
What I Can Share with Hosts
A warm welcome. Honesty. Experience. Knowledge. Great conversations. My books, music, instruments and rocking chair. And my story.
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Austria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Monaco, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Slovakia, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In