Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Hartmut’s full profile. It’s free!
In partial retirement since May 2011 - from now on travelling most time of the year.
Openminded and generally pretty easy-going - always interested to meet people and make friends.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
My home is always open for travellers - hope to find like-minded people, when I travel.
Create your own visitor map!
Addicted to travelling and hosting. Double membership at "Couchsurfing" and "Hospitality Club". By far mostly active at CS. But you may find some more comments about me at www.hospitalityclub.org - there under my nick "Trotamundo".
Concerning my 40 years long travel-activities please check my Blog "On the road" at http://www.hartmut-on-the-road.de
visited 101 states (44.8%)Create your own visited map of The World
create your personalized map of europe
visited 20 states (40%)Create your own visited map of The United States
create your own personalized map of Canada
I'm "on the road" or "on the rails" since 1971 - drove many of the most beautiful and/or adventurous roads/tracks in the world:
- "Canning Stock Route" - (Western Australia)
- "Carretera Austral" ("Ruta 7") - (Chile)
- "James W. Dalton Highway" ("Alaska Route 11") - (Alaska)
- "Denali Highway" ("Alaska Route 8") - (Alaska)
- "Top of the World Highway" ("Yukon Highway 9") - (Yukon-Territory - Canada)
- northern parts of the "Alaska Highway" ("Alcan Highway") - (Alaska, Yukon-Territory - Canada)
- "Trans-Labrador Highway" - (Labrador & Newfoundland - Canada)
- "Hoggar-track" - (Algeria-Niger)
- "Tanezrouft-track" - (Mali-Algeria),
- "Gibb River Road" - (Kimberley Region - Western Australia)
- northern half of the "Stuart Highway" - (Northern Territory - Australia)
- several parts of the "Pan-American Highway" ("Carretera Panamericana") - (Alaska, Canada, USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Ecuador, Peru, Chile)
- "Avenida de los Volcános" - (Ecuador)
- several parts of the "Trans-Canada-Highway" - (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, New-Brunswick, Prince Edward Islands, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland)
- "Cabot Trail" - (Cape Breton Island - Nova Scotia - Canada)
- "Mount Baker Scenic Byway" - ("Highway 542") - (Washington)
- "Icefields Parkway" ("Promenade des Glaciers" or "Alberta Highway 93") - (Alberta - Canada)
- "Going-to-the-Sun Road" - (Glacier NP - Montana)
- "U.S. 89" - ("Highway 89") - (Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona)
- "Beartooth Highway" - ("Highway 212") - (Montana, Wyoming)
- "North Fork of the Shoshone" - ("Highways 14, 16, 20") - (Wyoming)
- "Carretera Federal 1" ("Carretera Transpeninsular" or "MEX 1") - (Baja California - Mexico)
- "California State Route 1" ("Highway 1" or "Pacific Coast Highway") - (California)
- "17-Mile Drive" - (California)
- "U.S. Highway 101" (California, Oregon, Washington)
- "Jadranska Magistrale" - (Adriatic Coast Highway - former Yugoslavia, now Croatia - Montenegro)
- track and field
Music, Movies, and Books
Collect guide-books from all countries in the world (DuMont, APA Guide, Lonely Planet, Reise Know-How, illustrated books and others).
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Although I'm older, I couldn't resist to jump from Kawerau bridge in NZ with a rubber-rope around my knuckles.
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Countries I’ve Lived In