- 100% response rate
- Last login about 4 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see ZZZINHO’s full profile. It’s free!
I am not a normal person... I am not sociable, I am not open-minded. And contradiction is my way of thinking : studied sciences but got A in History at the final exam, spent summer holidays working with children while in engineering school, stayed in hostels during my business trips rather than in the Sherraton... And finally threw everything away to hit the road !
I have lived abroad for the last 10 years and traveled permanently more than 3 years. I bit so much the dirt of the road that I probably lost some of the reality of society.
Hitchhiking statisticsTotal distance : 43.421 km
Countries : 40
Longest ride : Golmud->Lhassa (1.155km)
Slowest journey : Pamir highway, Tajikistan (608km in 67 hours)
Longest wait : Mongolia (18 hours)
I have been to 115 countries + 1 overseas territory
Everything is possible, the only limit to your dreams is your imagination !
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
For me, CouchSurfing is not an alternative to hostels, CouchSurfing is a way of travelling.
I have traveled over a year without paying a single cent for accommodation. I am not CSing because I need it, just because I LOVE it. When I can't find a host, I simply pitch my tent in the middle of the city until the next morning.
CS drives my life on the road. I can spend many days in the most uninteresting place ever because I have the best host ever...
If you are broke, or simply miserly, and are just looking for free accommodation, that's fine, but be honest in your request, I will still host you but I won't uselessly try to socialize with you.
- I had to spend the night outside in Saigon because my host drank too much and forgot about me
- 2 CouchSurfers in Sultanate of Oman left me in the middle of a trek because I was "too rude"
- 2 female CouchSurfers offered me a space on their bed in Saigon because my host drank too much
- a host in Iran told me "Do me a favor, take a shower"
- my host in Saigon asked me on the third night "Why are you cold and distant with me ?"
Backpacking, museums, India, couchsurfing, nature, trekking, Iran, camping, hitchhiking, Latin America, geopolitics, WWII, Communism, reading, mountain bike, portuguese, travellers, cold war, peace in Palestine, civil aviation, Mc Donald's...
Music, Movies, and Books
French music, pop... 80's and new artists.
Indian litterature : Rohinton Mistry, Salman Rushdie, Tarun Tejpal, Vikas Swarup...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- been on the road during 3 years
- went through Police checkpoints disguised as a local to get into tribal zones in Pakistan on my own and got the chance to fire a Kalashnikov at the border of Afghanistan
- spent 2 weeks illegally in Tibet and hitchhiked on the Friendship Highway to Kathmandu
- sneaked a few hours into the Kingdom of Bhutan before being caught by the police and deported
- witnessed a sky burial in the mountains of Western Sichuan (China)
- standed less than 5m from a flow of lava
- hiked 2 weeks in Mongolia with map, compass, tent and a few days food, experiencing the hospitality of the nomads
- walked alone into the ghost town of Agdam, a no man's land guarded by soldiers and snakes, in the enigmatic Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh
- was researched (and found) by the French Embassy in Kabul after crossing Afghanistan hitch-hiking and drinking tea with US soldiers
Teach, Learn, Share
I love sharing traveling tips, learn about history & culture.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Coffee & Hot Shower
Countries I’ve Visited
Afghanistan, Albania, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Suriname, Swaziland, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican City State, Venezuela, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Brazil, Costa Rica, France, Kenya, South Africa