Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 1 day ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Daniele’s full profile.
Learning Mandarin Chinese
News junkie, passionate about politics, philosophy, books, printed press, people and backpacking. Curious as a monkey, rookie lindy hopper, vynil collector.
“I am a good Hegelian. If you have a good theory, forget about the reality." So what's your theory?
I love reading tons of books, watching long movies in unintelligible languages (with subs!) and I always try to understand reality. I'm interested in everything, very curious about new experiences and trying to have the most fun from each and every moment. I cannot stand people who never smile,narrow minds, routine and banality.
- swing dancing
- lindy hop
Music, Movies, and Books
Books: In defense of lost causes, The kindly ones, The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East,Life and Fate, Il Gattopardo, Limonov, The Great Game, The Great Gatsby, The case of exploding mangoes
Movies: Into the wild, Dogville, Reds, Il divo, The pervert's guide to cinema, Lust caution, The house of the flying daggers, A woman a gun and a noodle shop
Music: Two Door Cinema Club, Beirut, Arcade Fire, Baustelle, Elvis Presley, Bruce Springsteen, Ewert and the two dragons, The Killers, U2, Coldplay, Franz Ferdinand, Gogol Bordello, 胖虎, Radical Face, Rein, Francesco Guccini, Cold War Kids
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Getting lost alone in the hills around Petra and being brought back hours later by a nomad met by chance;
- Dancing a never ending night of syrtaki with local old people in the main square of a small village in Greece;
- Drinking homemade alcohol on a patio with fishermen and their kids on the Mekong delta;
- Singing traditional Chinese songs in a carriage full of students at 4 am during a 14 hour-long hard-seat train trip to Xian;
- Riding a motorbike with a local Nepali in the outskirts of Patan to go to dinner at a 2-table restaurant where everyone was eating with the same spoon and newspapers were used as napkins;
- Being invited to have some tea in a house in Jordan with no chance of communication with locals and having an English speaker appositely invited from a nearby village.
Countries I’ve Visited
Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bolivia, Chile, China, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Jordan, Lithuania, Nepal, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, Italy, Netherlands