- 93% response rate
- Last login about 14 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Jaya Prakash’s full profile.
Hi everyone. I am JP from India. I have completed my Masters from TUHH and at the moment looking for a full time job. I am a very motivated and optimistic person with many dreams. Always try to live my life on my own terms but ofcourse there is always space for couchsurfing. That's why I am here. I like to travel and meet new people from different cultures. I am a very clean and easy going person. I always respect the people I live with and try to learn positive things from them.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I am here to make new friends. It is as simple as that. To share my part of stories to others and experience different cultures.
It always excites me to host someone or to be someone's guest in a way to learn different culture. I like to hangout with friends, party and hv fun. I like collecting souvenirs and coins from different countries. I also learnt to play "somewhere over the rainbow " with my ukulele.
- outdoor activities
- going out
- healthy food
- meeting new people
- meet people
- healthy lifestyle
- card games
- hiking in nature
- card tricks
- visiting new places
- scince fiction
Music, Movies, and Books
1. COSMOS by Carl Sagan.
2. How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie.
3.Happiness Becomes You by Tina Turner (Anna Mae)
4. The Origion of Species by Charels Darwin (my next book).
5.The Art of Happiness by Dalai Lama (then the next book...and many others to come)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. One of the best things that happened to me is to be on Couchsurfing.
2. I was on a motor bike trip on the Himalayas for 11 days completing 2000 kms.
3. Once controlled traffic at a signal in India to let an ambulance pass through heavy traffic.
4. Travelled on my bike from Hamburg to Mainz, which is approximately 539 kms to meet someone special.
5. Learnt to play ukulele.
6. Played somewhere over the rainbow on the streets many times.
Teach, Learn, Share
I am always in for some conversation about different languages, cultures. I can share with you my stories and experiences from CS and can learn the same from you. I would love to learn a bit of vocabs from your language and I can for sure teach some of that from so many Indian languages. If you wish, I could also let you know how to play my favourite song on the ukulele
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can welcome them with a big smile and try my best to make them feel at home. I can show them the city and can be their guide, if I am not working on that day.
But here is something for all the travelers in Hamburg.
1. How to commute in Hamburg:
Get a day pass which is called "9 Uhr Tageskarte". It costs approximately 6.50 Euros. It is valid from 9 am till 6 am the next day and 24 hours during weekends.
This ticket lets you use unlimited number of transits like buses, metro trains, ferries.
2. Weekends are the best times to spend some time in Hamburg if you enjoy the night life. Hamburg has one of the best night life in Europe.
List of places to see in and around Hamburg:
1. Alster lake
2. Hamburg rathaus
3. St. Nicholas church.
4. Hamburg harbour
5. Ferry ride (ferry no 62)
7. Speicherstadt (old port city )
9. Stadtpark (city park).
10. Reeperbahn, Sternschanze, St. Pauli (party scene)
11. Free walking tour
If you have more time, then you can even visit nearby places:
Important info :
1. Places for beer:
"Altes mädchen" in Sternschanze.
IPA and Zwickel is the best. So these are my recommendations.
2. Party places:
2. Places for food:
"Badshah"...its an Indian restaurant.
Besan ki burfi ( U ll love it)
Mango lassi (2 euros)
Lamm curry thali/ Okra thali/ Butter chicken thali ( max 6 euros)
I am sure u ll like it
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Cambodia, Denmark, India, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden
Countries I’ve Lived In