Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 31 minutes ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Juan Manuel’s full profile.
*I'm not hosting for now but if you're from Tunisia or Iran just send a message to come here anytime all the time you need*
I was born in the 90's in a small village in the Mexican Caribbean side which now evolved in a really touristic city. I love the beach as much as the person who sees Caribbean Sea for the first time. Many people have told me that I have a very strong "surprising sense". It doesn't matter how many times I visit a same place, it will always surprise me like the first time.
For me, every place has a story to tell, a beauty to watch and a magic to feel.
I practice boxing and I like to do some running. Always looking for a partners.
I'm not a party person. I often organize events in my city to visit the best spots, it's amazing to meet people all over the world, I know how to handle big groups. Sometimes to the night clubs but I'm okay drinking water 😂
I love listening and sharing stories about others´ trips. I got many amusing ones too. I think I would like to write a book about them in the future.
I like taking photos and print them as my parents in the past. Good memories must be always with you in the future, they're the prize of the time.
I DON'T like people who want to take advantage of others. I'm really smart to see people's real intentions. Not into toxic atmospheres, drugs, alcohol, non sense conversations, racist people.
I've learned very well to say NO when I feel I have to.
I'm always able to help. I try to respond every message I receive.
I OFFER TO MY GUESTS: a friend and a safe place you can come back in case you're in danger. I can take you to many beautiful spots in my city where you can see the nature, taste local food and, of course, teach you Spanish Language.
I OFFER TO MY HOSTS: a friend you can talk as much as you want, a clean/er person. I can cook Mexican Food for you if I find the ingredients in your country, sometimes it's hard.
In case I cannot host you, I can answer all your questions about what to do in here. I can send you some itineraries depending on the days you come. I effort myself to make it cheap and at the local style, I like supporting other travelers in their trip through my country.
Giving back what other travelers have given you is a MUST. Karma Travel is the hardest and believe me, you don't want to live it. Always support others.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Meeting locals is the best way to understand a country's history.
I want to learn at least 5 languages and 2 ones in a different alphabet.
I love tasting the food of every country. I think it's sad not having national food, my city doesn't have any traditional meal.
I like every kind of tourism activity. City or nature tourism is the same for me, I like both.
- food lover
Music, Movies, and Books
Valerian, Avatar, Prometeo, Interestelar, The Arrival, Eat-Pray-Love.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
• I've worked in schools in the dangerous areas of my city. The places where you see crimes happen in Mexico.
• Camping behind Tulum Ruins and watch the best show of the Milky Way in my life, no light pollution.
• Wandering alone in Panama City at 3am after running away from the house of an alcoholic and drugged ambassador who wanted to force me to have sex with him and his couple in the room he offered me to sleep.
• Survived the hurricane Wilma in 2005. It made chaos in my city, destroyed part of my school and all the nature of my neighborhood. See poverty in the streets and supporting the army to provide food for others.
• I found a jaguar twice: first time in the school I worked for. And the second one was in a virgin beach close to Akumal.
• I lost my passport in Bolivia in the first 3 hours I got into the country, haha!
• Run away from Iran after a hard day of protests, I almost die.
Teach, Learn, Share
I teach English,Spanish and Portuguese Language.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Let me show you how crazy, beautiful, chaotic, sad, shitty, tasty, amusing and amazing my city can be.
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Egypt, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Iran, Panama, Peru, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In