Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 4 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Marijke and Stijn’s full profile. It’s free!
Experience everything the world has to offer!!
As most of you know, it is kind of hard to write something about yourself but we will give it a try. :-D
We both finished our PhD in Biomedical Science at the KULeuven and now Marijke works for a pharmeceutical company and Stijnhas decided to switch carreers and become a professional photographer!
We met during our first year as BioMedical Science students. We became CS members in September 2008 and have had some great experiences with CS since then. So in February 2008 we decided to apply to become Ambassador of the lovely town of Leuven. And as you can tell we got it.
We both love cooking and are always looking forward to learning new recipes. I love watching a great movie, listening to some great music and having a great conversation. All of the above with or without a great glass of cold beer/wine/ anything else. Most of the time I a¢m an active person does not matter if its morning or evening, but I have my lazy moments. Marijke is no a real morning person but she is the greatest girl I have ever met and since 06-07-2012 we are married! Sometime later we moved to Aarschot and shortly after added a gorgeous addition to our family, our amazing daughter Myra. And in 2015 we will have our second beautiful daughter. We are quite the opposites but when we are together you could never tell.
Gimme a moment too think about this...
Still need some more time...
Not there yet...
Okay I got it! If you stay with us we can tell you.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
We are looking forward to meet many great people, on our couch and over the world, and getting new friends. If we have the time we would love to show you around and have a good time talking, partying (weekends), relaxing or watching a movie. And if time is short handed, we have some great maps and a lot of information of Leuven.
As city-ambassador you can always contact us if you have experienced problems or if you just want to ask us something.
How we use references, we are strong believers in the part of the reference guidelines which say that references should only be left for people you have surfed with or hosted, or have somehow otherwise had an experience which means you can say something truly relevant to what a surfing/hosting experience might be like. It is, of course, your choice whether you leave us a reference or not, we simply ask you not to do so unless we surfed with/hosted one another or you feel you can really say something that will honestly be relevant to us as a surfer/host.
1. Anja Weiland - Berlin 02/2008
2. Collin Claverie - Berlin 02/2008
3. JULITA! - Berlin 02/2008
4. Jochem Meijer - Amsterdam, The Netherlands 05/2008
5. Ulrike Scholtes - Maastricht, The Netherlands 05/2009
6. Sarah Braekman - Gent, Belgium 06/2009
7. Annemarie, Rasha and Ryan - Damascus, Syria 06/2010
8. Beatrice Ben Smail - Aleppo, Syria 06/2010
9. Kirsten Anderson - Amman, Jordan 06/2010
1. Meg Leung - Hong Kong
2. Karen U - Hong Kong
3. Péter Vajda - Brussels, Belgium / Budapest, Hungary
4. Lindsay K Prim and Justin Prim - Hammond,USA
5. Tom Blake - Uppsala, Sweden / Perth, Australia
6. Steven Loyens - Tienen, Belgium
7. Yeodi Son - Melbourne, Australia / Seoul, South-Korea
8. Fabio Ivatiuk & Athina - Brazil / Greece
9. MOCK--TURTLE (Brenda) - Oxford, England / Sydney, Australia
10. Arne Saeys - Istanbul, Turkey / Belgium
11. Jochem Meijer - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
12. Sylvaine Mion - Laneuvelotte, France
13. Andreas Adoe - Jakarta, Indonesia
14. Joss Wright - York, United Kingdom
15. Simon Fischer - Ravensburg, Germany
16. Sam and Shanna Fyles - San Fransisco, USA
17. Jean-Gabriel Young - Quebec, Canada
18. Roos Schouw - Amsterdam, Netherlands
19. Matt Gissel - Colchester, Vermont, USA
20. Luis Alejandro Alvelais - Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
21. Valérie Boutin - Quebec, Canada
22. Ariane Gauthier - Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
23. Erin Lavin - Indiana, United States
24. Lisa Anderson - Cambridge, United Kingdom
25. Karlotta Lorenz - Groningen, Netherlands/Berlind - Germany
26. Ailie McDowall - Brisbane, Australia
27. Niels Claes - Belgium/Denmark
28. Bernard Vander Beken - Bruges, Belgium
29. Ottilia Kasbergen - Amsterdam, Netherlands
30. Fabiana and Jonathan - Florence, Italy / Haifa, Israel
31. Lucia Dao - Finland/Vietnam
32. Rae - Denver, Colorado, USA
33. Tajana - Ljubljana, Slovenia
34. Renée - Naarden, The Netherlands
35. Lizzy and James -Manchester, England
36. Zuzana - Prague, Czech Republique
37. Sara - Aberdeen, Scotland
38. Maxime - Liege, Belgium
39. Armita - Tehran, Iran
40. Claire Jiang - Shanghai, China
Irish Pub, Leuven - 4/10/2007
Tower meeting, Leuven - 30/10/2007
(Late) New Year's Brunch, Ghent - 10/02/2008
Drum&Bass meeting, Leuven - 1/03/2008
Brainstorm for new meetings, Leuven - 23/03/2008
Stella Artois Brewery Meeting 29/03, Leuven - 29/03/2008
Wine tasting in Prague, Czech Republic 18/04
Belgium's Amb meeting - Saturday: The team all together, Gent - 17/05/2008
Beleuvenissen Special, Leuven - 04/07/2008
BBQ meeting, Leuven - 15/07/2008
Beleuvenissen, Leuven - 18/07/2008
Karaoke and preparty, Leuven - 23/07/2008
Beleuvenissen tropical, Leuven - 25/07/2008
Singstar, Leuven - 08/08/2008
Ultimate Ping Pong meeting, Leuven - 09/09/2008
New school year, next meeting - 01/10/2008
Couchsurfing Leuven BBQ Party - 21/10/2008
Fabio's Leaving Party - 27/10/2008
Pre-drink before beer tasting event - 06/02/2009
Beer Tasting Event - 07/02/2009
Monthly CS Leuven meeting - 17/04/2009
Monthly CS Leuven meeting - 14/05/2009
Monthly CS Leuven meeting - 21/08/2009
Monthly CS LEuven meeting - many more :-D 2009-2010
BeLeuvenissen Special - 16/07/2010
BeLEUVENissen Tropical - 23/07/2010
Looking forward to more hosting experience and more surfing experiences!
We love to travel but I think everybody on this site does :-D And some other interest are music, movies, life, sleeping, good wine, laughing and lots lots more...
Music, Movies, and Books
Nowadays,when we have time, we are watching: Orange is the new Black.
I've seen more than 200 movies so It has become impossible to choose the best ones; One of the latest I have seen are the darjeeling limited, no country for old men, into the wild, clerks II, 300, The simpsons movie, The departed, Babel, Garden state, Fight Club, Pride and prejudice, Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (great movie), ...
And some books:
Stijn: The last Legion, Interview with the vampire, Lestat, Queen of the damned, the celestine prophecy, The alchemist ... Sword of Truth series... Many more
Marijke: A street in Marrakech, A thousand splendid suns (Khaled Hosseini) ...
And we like almost every kind of music mostly nas, bob marley, Timbaland, foo fighters, lily allen, lounge music, ... Damn I feel old when reading this list... We like new music too. Previous was mostly written in 2008 :D
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Our last trip has been city trip to New York City! Therefore we went to Bali (honeymoon), before that Myanmar, which was really great. We both fell in love with Syria and its culture!! If there's something special you want us to see just let us know.
Teach, Learn, Share
I have many movies so if you are feeling tired you always can relax and watch one. And I am open for many things so you can always teach me something more. For those few who are interested I have some school books and maybe I can explain somethings about it (If I can remember).
Countries I’ve Visited
Cambodia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, Germany, India, Jordan, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In