Not Accepting Guests
- Last login over 4 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Adrienne’s full profile. It’s free!
To fight and win this need to roam...
Lists are always nice and I have a habitat of making list after list of things that need to be done or purchased or people that need responding to. Below you will find a rather detailed list of important and not-so-important information on myself.
* I have a website and blog if you care to see my photography and grumbles: www.adrienne-is.com
* I was born in Angeles City, Philippines.
* I have lived in Arizona, Mississippi, Texas, California, Alabama, Kansas, Colorado, Florida, and Hawaii.
* I am two years older than my younger brother.
* If born as a boy - would have been named Jerome by my mother.
* I like working up a disgusting sweat on the dance floor.
* I collect small jewelry on my trips abroad as souvenirs for myself.
* Has a slight dermatosiophobia.
* Enjoys learning the history behind flags of the world.
* Dislikes chocolate, coffee, caramel, and most things found in candy bars.
* I thought about getting a massive full-color third tattoo on my calf, but decided not to do it.
* Would like to speak 20 or more languages fluently. Speaks zero other than English fluent.
* Was completely deaf for three weeks when I was 16.
* LOVES spicy foods!
* Is close with my family even though as a whole they are slightly disconnected.
* Watches foreign and indie films whenever I can.
* I like to change up hair styles often.
* Has constant ringing in my ears.
* Admires Bjork and her work in both music and film.
* Dreams of visiting Iran, Iceland, India, Cape Verde, Brazil & Japan.
* Played mas with Poison in Trinidad & Tobago carnival.
* Used to play clarinet & bass clarinet in years long ago.
* Is an eggnog-o-holic.
* I didnâ
"Security is mostly superstition, it does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller
"Why suffer like a barnyard fowl at home
When you can fly on journeys like a dove?
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I would like to share different experiences and cultural exchange on my travels. I usually surf since those residing in my household are not fans of couchsurfing. I also meet up with Csrs passing through my city.
I've seen almost all of the United States and not just on a two-week road trip. I have worked in many states and lived in nine. Ask me about my country.
Surfed with Micco in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. (September 2008)
Surfed with Thundera Collective in London. (October 2008)
Hosted Lyara from Brazil in Tampa. (April 2009)
Surfed with Dago and Christian in Rome, Italy. (April 2009)
Surfed with Celina, Pablo and Carina while in Buenos Aires, Argentina. (August 2010)
Trains, Hot air balloons, Planes, Kites, Tricycles, Magic Carpets, Bicycles... Imagination.
cinema of the kite from Adrienne Wilson on Vimeo.
Music, Movies, and Books
Just to start only a few...
Movies: Dancer in the Dark, The Josephine Baker Story, Imitation of Life, City of God, Whale Rider, Amelie, Malena, Roger Dodger, The Band's Visit, Closer, The Rockers, Persepolis, Volver, Garden State, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Slumdog Millionaire, Memento, The Dark Knight, What About Bob?, Motorcycle Diaries, Taste of Cherry, The Pillowbook, The Dreamers, Irreversible, Notes on a Scandal, Great Expectations, Lost in Translation, Adaptation, Raising Arizona, Superbad, Blades of Glory.
Music: Bjork and island music are my favorites, but really anything I can dance to. I like all types of music. Seriously! Afro-Funk, Salsa, R&B, Classic Rock, Disco, House, Alternative, World Music, Emo, Country.With the one exception being really heavy metal. It is nearly impossible for me to list all my likes, but I will try to list a variation of my taste.
Les Nubians, Zap Mama, Erykah Badu, Shakira, Kings of Leon, Oasis, Peter Bjorn and John, The Killers, U2, Tears for Fears, Spandu Ballet, Boney M., Michael Jackson, Prince, Bloc Party, Janis Joplin, Nico, Queen, Pink Floyd, Air, India Arie, Stevie Wonder, Sade, Tina Turner, Aerosmith, Gwen Stefani, Foreign Exchange, Muhsinah, Common, Patsy Cline, Shania Twain, Fall Out Boy, John Mayer, Pink, Lily Allen, Faithless, Dirty Vegas, Basement Jaxx, Paul Oakenfold, Diplo, Carrie Underwood, Sergio Mendes, The Eagles, UB40, Maxi Priest, Bob Marley, Bunny Wailer, Miles Davis, Art Blakely, Herbie Hancock, Third World, Toots & the Maytals, Ghostland Observatory, M.I.A., Gotan Project, Kanye West, Gnarls Barkley, Adele, Maxwell, J*Davey, Theivery Corporation, Nas, Bill Withers, Fiest, Nelly Furtado, Cibelle, Celso Fonseca.
Books: Recent reads include My Uncle Napoleon, Persepolis, A Man Without a Country. Favorites include The Blind Owl, the Alchemist and Brave New World. A lot of Paulo Coelho. Lonely Planet guides and Rough Guides. I like Planet Magazine, Colors, and Need Magazine.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I once walked across America from New York to Los Angeles with 11 other people and a dog. :)
Teach, Learn, Share
I make pretty good tacos if you are interested and have been known to throw taco parties from time to time.
Languages! Any and all, however I would like to master Farsi, Arabic, Chinese, and French or Spanish. Is that too much to ask for?
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Bahamas, Canada, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, Ghana, Haiti, Hungary, Italy, Kenya, Mexico, Romania, Saint Lucia, Spain, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Philippines, United States