Возможно, принимает гостей
- Последний раз на сайте: 5 days назад
Зарегистрируйтесь на Couchsurfing, чтобы увидеть полный профиль пользователя Alexis. Это бесплатно!
Exploring the essence of our exsistance
I am a very laid back and easy going person who enjoys learning from others. I value good company and good times.
I love cities and urban areas so I am looking into becoming an urban designer or planner, but I also love anything design related.
I want to learn more things about culture, engineering, vocabulary, economics, politics, architecture, art... pretty much everything. I'm fascinated by the idea of polymathic people so teach me something!
Что привело меня на Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
While in Europe I had a great Couch Surfing experience, so now I open my home and couch to anyone in need.
Surfed for the first time in Amsterdam and had a great time meeting local people.
Co-Hosted a cycling entrepreneur biking for a cause.
Hosted a German hitchhiker trying to get to the west coast.
Hosted two Danish guys visiting the US.
Hosted two European friends who work in the design industry and wanted to experience NYC, they didn't want to leave the city they loved it so much.
Hosted a British architecture grad who was surfing the USA while doing architecture internships.
Hosted a British arch grad who was traveling during his down time from work.
Two Australian friends fresh from the Amazon.
Hoping to add more positive experiences to this list.
Easily Divisible Numbers
Learning New Languages
Музыка, кино и книги
Music: Everything but currently (still) on a sickening doo wop binge.
Books: Ecological Urbanism, The Death and Life of Great American Cities and other architecture/urban design related goodies
Классная вещь, которую я сделал(-а)
Since I can't narrow it down, I'll just do it by country:
Switzerland: - I tried teaching myself how to snowboard in the Alps... this doesn't sound very interesting, but I am deathly afraid of heights and traveling at high speeds... I'm not usually a risk taker but felt it was necessary to learn new things
- I spent the day biking around the area of Interlaken and it was one of the best times I've had since I've been in Europe. It only cost 15 franc to rent the bike for the entire day, but the things we stumbled upon like the lakes and rivers was something I'll never forget. Sometimes a bike and no agenda are the best things to have.
- Definitely seeing all of the art. I at first didn't appreciate it, but the more I learned, the greater the experience. Also, the extremes of what it seemed to be different cultures was also very interesting to see throughout a single country.
- Being a typical "tourist" and running to see everything in one weekend was definitely and experience and worth while.
- Having the option to be both in a city area and near to the beach was new to me. I had never really experience that sort of coastal collision before and it was definitely a great feeling.
Last, but not least, Portugal:
- My FAVORITE country by far. If you are traveling abroad and have not found time to make it to Portugal, I highly recommend making accommodations to go. The city of Lisbon is beautiful. The people are great, the seafood is cheap, everything about Lisbon was excellent. We took a train from Lisbon to Cascais two days and enjoyed the beaches both there and in Guincho. My friends and I spent an entire day playing soccer on the beach and it was amazing. Guincho Beach was equally as amazing. It's a great place to watch the sunset on the Atlantic without going too far from Lisbon.
Учу, учусь, делюсь опытом и информацией
I'd like to Learn:
Everything and Anything
Mad cooking skills
Structure of a bridge
I can Share:
The current knowledge I have obtained
Tips on the English language
Urban Design/Architecture opinions
Funny stories (subjective)
Где я побывал(-а)
Canada, China, France, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, United States
Где я жил(-а)
China, Italy, United States