N'accepte pas d'invités
- Taux de réponse de 91 %
- Dernière connexion il y a 2 days
Rejoignez Couchsurfing pour consulter l'intégralité du profil de Adina. L'inscription est gratuite !
I am a freelance visual artist and art history researcher residing in Bucharest, where I also co-host Ecstatic Dance. I have a background in literature so I love writing, especially about artist consciousness. I value the independence given by connecting with one's good feeling inside.
Here are my requests for surfers:
1. Please send your request at least one week before your arrival. It's important for me to prepare for guests, so that you gain a memorable experience.
2. I am here for hosting + surfing + events, so no meetups usually. Also no friend requests from strangers please.
3. Please note I live vegan - you will share in this while you're staying in my home. Not because it is "my choice" or my health (though it helped), but because animals should have rights and this is the next social justice movement, that intersects with so many others. You don't have to explain what your diet is currently, this rule applies to everyone equally.
4. Be a conscious traveller. Requests written simply "I want to experience 'your' local culture and food" will be declined. Obviously if you are on Couchsurfing you look for local experiences (which is great); but don't project that on me for convenience, my job is not to be a typical local. I'm a thinking individual, so just because I live here, doesn't mean there is nothing I want to change about my culture. Try to understand how your travel impacts local culture (which is not static but ever-adapting). Besides, the fetish of so-called "cultural identity" is merely a consumerist value. I work hard to get the insider's view, so please write me a few clues about your actual interests.
5. You shouldn't aim to adapt to "my rules" for my sake - it's much more important to genuinely care about the same things I do... Travel should be exciting, not a chore. :)
The "About" page lists things I can share with hosts.
For what I can share with guests, see "My Home" instead.
Pourquoi je suis sur Couchsurfing
It was recommended to me in 2015, first as an event platform and later as a homestay network. The latter rang a few bells: my first experience staying with locals was Japan in 1997. They matched my letters with amazing experiences organized around my interests - just normal travel stuff (I see now), but for the 14-year-old me it was shockingly new and otherworldly.
It worked! I decided then and there I would become a traveller. Romanians have an old tradition of wanderlust, too - long ago it was considered an important part of one's education. When travelling, ironically you leave your "baggage" behind - thus you highlight the needs of the heart.
I'm still learning this vision that I can identify with the freedom I find on my travels, instead of worrying about not fitting in society when I come home. That was quite a revelation, and I'm sincerely grateful for the space I have here in Bucharest, which allows me to host like-minded people - something I had wanted to do for a very long time. So let's facilitate that dream, I think travel should be more accessible, for all of us who see it as a big help to balance and peace.
Besides... I hate routine! Showing people around is a great way for me to do exercise without the boredom. ;)
- street art
- lgbt rights
- art history
- solo travel
- vegan food
- contemporary dance
- landscape architecture
- travel blogging
- vegan cooking
- ecstatic dance
- irish dance
- ancient egypt
- shojin ryori
Morceaux de musique, films et livres
Anything with fairy tale/magic/queer elements, Holy Grail info, Native Americans, Atlantis Unified Theory (Logic). They all play into one another. "Moana" (2016) is brilliant.
Some of my all-time favourite books are children's books I had, which taught me about respecting animals and myself as a result.
I've been fascinated by Freddie Mercury and Queen since childhood. Their music got me into illustration.
I love the feel of Persian poetry a.k.a. Sufi (Zoroastrian) and of Scandinavian music. That explains "Viking madjus" now... intriguing!
I like J.R.R. Tolkien as a writer, who used his Dreams to access information beyond his own beliefs. The movies promote a total misunderstanding there... :/
Hollywood movies I don't like anymore, because they reverse the alchemy - but let's say "Legend" (1985) was an interesting puzzle piece. What happens is there was an American boy of my age who grew up with them, so I enjoyed our shared "training"; but now that we've met I understand these movies have an anti-knowledge perspective. The only part I still relate to is the tomboy idealism of the 1980s, it seems it cannot be replicated today (they don't get us). I also like catching reruns of older movies with spiritual topics, because the context has changed so much since then - it's a lot of fun.
Japanese animé and Cartoon Network were a big part of my life after 1989, when the fall of Communism made for an abundance of new-old shows being broadcast here, in several languages. This makes me happy because unlike most of my compatriots I never fell for the transfer of power to the Orthodox Church, and instead I connected with a Pagan substrate teaching me about integrity and self-worth.
Enseignez, apprenez, partagez
"Yoga is a fun way to learn new animals." :P
I can teach you Khemetic Seeing, and I am looking to learn more about practicing sports. I would also love to learn Shojin cooking sometime.
My project Bucharest Art Bites aims to have travellers share directly in the culture of Bucharest (includes nature and planet things): https://web.facebook.com/BucharestArtBites
I share in organizing events hosted by Ecstatic Dance Bucharest, the vegan potluck segment: https://web.facebook.com/ecstaticdancebucharest
Ce que j'aimerais partager avec mes hôtes
Very good listening skills.
I can help with text editing in English.
Knowledge about Romania as an ancient fantasy spot (using literature, films and music from your own country to connect the dots).
Hiking or jogging in your favourite places. (Cycling to be added soon!)
Visiting art galleries, or taking architecture walks (I specialize in urban parks and gardens).
Vegan recipes from the Romanian and Persian cuisines, demonstration included.
Pays que j'ai visités
Austria, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City State, Wales
Pays dans lesquels j'ai vécu
New Zealand, Romania