Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Ivan’s full profile. It’s free!
Experience a world of wonders
I'm a traveller by lifestyle, I seek new cultures, foods, people and experiences. I left home in March 2009 and have been on the road for seven years. I've lived and worked on every continent. I'm a traveller, an explorer, an adventurer, a photographer and a lover of art and music.I've met plenty of amazing people in my travels and hope that I am one of the amazing people you meet.
The most fun happens when you make it up as you go, don't pre plan your life and take all challenges in stride. It's all good.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I've hosted several hundred people over five countries. I've also organised CS events for local surfers and travelers.
I've attended plenty of CS trips and meetups.
When traveling, I love meeting couch surfers and seeing their points of view, their cultures and their lives.
* Couchsurfed with a family of Chess champions in Kyrgyzstan
* One host turned his house into a CS house, even if he's not home, he tells the neighbours to let them in, lends them his car and leaves them food and maps of places to explore.
* I have couchsurfed all over the world, a last minute host picked me up ten minutes after I messaged
* Couchsurfing dinner parties for sixty people
* Couchsurfing meets
Traveling, surfing, guitar, photography, camping, trekking, religions, hitch hiking, snowboarding, vagabonding, cities and the great outdoors.
- eating out
- outdoor activities
- adventure races
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Spent seven years on the road, over 80 countries and in that time:
* Visited Tibet and taught at an English school
* Lived as a farmer in Kyrgyzstan
* Someone attempted to set me up with heroin while crossing from Uzbekistan to Kazakhstan
* Swam in the Aral and Dead Seas. Mmm Salty!
* Saw Christmas in Bethlehem
* Partied in the New Year in Dahab on the Red Sea
Teach, Learn, Share
English, Russian and a little guitar. Trying to learn Spanish
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palestine, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Finland, Norway, Peru, Poland, Russian Federation, Switzerland, United States