Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 3 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see aesche1988’s full profile. It’s free!
Occupy the World, Occupy the streets, Occupy CouchSurfing for beeing capitalist!
I enjoy to cook and eat a good meal together with some other people and to make a comfy evening out of that with playing games, watching movies or just discussing interesting things.
From time to time I like to go to a party, despite of that I rather am an even-tempered person.
I try to treat other persons like I also want to be treated, I am opened for other cultures and interested in a lot of different things and never stop to learn new things.
I try to keep my environmental footprint as small as possible and don't waste things and resources.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
After joining the CouchSurfing Community in 2010, I started to attend meetings in Brisbane, Australia. There I got to know many locals, but also interesting people from all over the world. Even tough I didn't manage to find a Couch everywhere in Australia, I even more appreciated the hosts who gave me a chance to surf their places. They contributed a big part for me having an awesome time in Australia.Surfing couches in Beijing and all over Taiwan together with my girlfriend in August 2011 was a great pleasure too, I really liked to get to know so many locals and to hear their suggestions for their cities. And it was relieving how easy it was to find hosts for all the places we wanted to visit.I would like to return the favour as soon as possible. Unfortunately that won't work at the moment as I live in a shared house with just a single mattress for myself.As long as I am not able to host, I try to make an even bigger effort to make my hosts more than happy.And, of course, there will always be a way to help my friends who already hosted me at their place, at least with giving advice or beiing a city guide.
Spent a lot of time and effort to prevent that the CouchSurfing Community is sold to CouchSurfing International Inc definitely.
Read about my effort here:
- Group: For a strong Community behind CouchSurfing
- Petition: For a strong Community behind CouchSurfing
Any reaction from CouchSurfing International Inc is missing so far.
The two years I participated actively within the CouchSurfing Community were an awesome time, with many travels to other parts of the world. From September 2010 to September 2011 probably was my most exciting year of my life so far! And I hope that there will be many more years like that in the future :)Surfed couches:Gold Coast, Australia, Dec 2010: °§t®åwßë®®ÿ°Sydney, Australia, Dec 2010: Allan PetersenSydney, Australia, Dec 2010 - Jan 2011: Allen ShaoBlue Mountains, Australia, Dec 2010: Brent HoareCanberra, Australia, Jan 2011: TAZ_AUWagga Wagga, Australia, Jan 2011: Clint JohnsonAlbury, Australia, Jan 2011: Tim KaminskasMelbourne, Australia, Jan 2011: Leah and NathanAdelaide, Australia, Jan 2011: Matt LeBrunDarwin, Australia, Feb 2011: BAMEGABeijing, China, Aug 2011: Yao BaiHualien, Taiwan, Aug 2011: Zoe YinKaohsiung, Taiwan, Aug 2011: Hsu Chia-HsunTainan, Taiwan, Aug 2011: Hans HarnTaichung, Taiwan, Aug 2011: Michelle ChangMulhouse, France, Sep 2011: Mathias GelineauBerne, Switzerland, Feb 2012: BluesToBeTobiasLausanne, Switzerland, Feb 2012: RéMY T und Nicolas Lachance-BernardGeneva, Switzerland, Feb 2012: DIMEHTo be continued, maybe with your couch during my next travels?Or I finally manage to create a couch somehow? That would be great.
Like to play badminton, play the Bassoon, read interesting books and listen to the radio.
Spend a lot of time to get informed about the problems on earth we face nowadays, with a focus on nature and capitalism. Try to reduce my impact as much as possible.
Music, Movies, and Books
Music (Listening): Mainly Pop, Rock and Punk but I also like some songs or songwriters of a lot of other kinds of music like Swiss hip hop, ska or independence.
Music (Playing my Bassoon): Entertainment music literature for wind orchestra (Pirates of the Carribean, The Phantom of the Opera), Classic composer: Rossini
Movies: Lord of the Rings, Action and Adventure movies.
Soaps: The Simpsons, Family Guy, Two and a half Man, CSI Miami. (If I had a TV)
Books: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, crime stories, thriller, fiction and sience fiction
Favorite Card game: Wizard
Favorite Boardgames: Risiko, Giganten, strategy games in general
Food: Everything that is wealthy, diversified, special or unknown.
I have already tasted a lot of special animals, most of them in Australia: Kangaroo, Tail of a Kangaroo, Krokodile, Kamel, Emu, Possum, Spatchcock, Crab, Lobster, Oysters, Buffalo, Whole Octopus on a stick (Shilin Nightmarket Taipei), Flying Squirrel (aboriginal speciality in Taiwan)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
One thing? Why to neglect many amazing things, I can tell you many more than just one^^
- Catching some huge fishes (up to 3 kg) out of the beautiful Rhine by Schaffhausen, Switzerland
- Highlights of Spain: Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Holiday Resort Giverola, Partying in Lloret de Mar
- Highlights of Romania: Clock tower of Sighisoara, nature, cultural and social experience
- Highlights of Netherlands: Njimegen, Amsterdam, Madam Tussauds Wax Museum in Amsterdam
- Highlights of Turkey: Para sailing, markets, cultural experience
- Highlights of Australia: Lone Pine Sanctuary in Brisbane, Whale Watching, Noosa National Park, Moreton Island, Fraser Island, Currumbin Rock Pool at GC, 14,000 Feet Skydive in Byron Bay, Nimbin, Koala Hospital in Port Macquarie, Concert in the Opera House of Sydney, Hiking in the Blue Mountains, Philipp Island, Great Ocean Road, Kangaroo Island, Uluru, Kings Canyon, Katherine Gorge, Kakadu NP, River Rafting on the Tully River, Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, Sailing around the Whitsunday Islands
- Highlights of Beijing: Temple of Heaven, Lama Temple, Summer Palace, Birds Nest, Great Wall at Mùtiányù, Food
- Highlights of Taiwan: Longshan Temple in Taipei, 101 tower in Taipei (2nd highest building of the world), Li Yu Lake near Hualien, Tarokko NP, Aboriginal Dancing Show in Hualien, Sunset in Kenting, Kenting NP, Chikhan Tower of Tainan, Sun and Moon Lake, Confuzius Temple and Ci'en Tower by the Sun and Moon Lake, National Palace Museum in Taipei, Nightmarkets, Food, Culture
visited 15 states (6.66%)Create your own visited map of The World
Teach, Learn, Share
Share some interesting stories about earlier trips or anything else on a nice evening.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, China, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In