- 0% response rate
- Last login 5 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Alex’s full profile.
Part of my job as a researcher has been to explore the different islands within the Philippines. I have also been given the opportunity to learn more about the culture and tradition in other countries. As I grow older and meet new friends through my travels, I realize that there are still a lot of places, cultures and people that I am yet to discover.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Couchsurfing is an avenue to meet new friends and to learn more about life. I have been here recently, but I must say that I have already met several people who shared their life learnings with me. This has been a very interesting experience for me and I want to keep on doing it.
My Couchsurfing Experience so far:
- Hosted by Vic in Siem Reap
- Toured by Lee in Phnom Penh
- Toured Hoai (from Vietnam) in Manila
- Met up with fellow traveler Bugs (from Manila) in Osaka
- Met up with fellow traveler Yush (from US) in Osaka
- Met up with fellow traveler Antony (from UK) in Tokyo
- Met up with fellow traveler Hari (from Indonesia) in Tokyo
- Attended a CS Meet-up in Tokyo (20+ attendance)
- Hang Out with Bryan (from Philippines) in Tokyo
- Met up with fellow traveler Robbie (from Indonesia) in Tokyo
- Attended a CS Meet-up in Seoul (30+ attendance)
Food, Travel, Music, Film, Books, Literature, Real Estate, Economics, Pets, Architecture
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: The Beatles, Cold Play, Ed Sheeran, Jack Johnson, Joe Hisaishi
Movies: The Lord of the Rings, The Pianist, Departures, The Kid, 5 Centimetres per Second, Kimi no Na Wa
Books: A Song of Ice and Fire Series, The Art of Racing in the Rain, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Little Prince, Predictably Irrational
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
A few years ago, we went snorkeling in the coral reef system in Bohol, Philippines, and then I drifted to a part where I can't see the bottom - it was just pitch black. That is where I realized how minuscule I am and how vast the world is.
Teach, Learn, Share
Meeting people from other parts of the world is a give and take experience: you share your culture and you learn from their stories. I'm a newbie in travelling around the world. But I can share my experiences to anyone. Other than that, I'm an aspiring writer. So, hopefully, I can also learn and share about it more.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can share my different experiences during my travels. I can also teach English to those who are willing to learn.
Countries I’ve Visited
Cambodia, Hong Kong, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In