Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 3 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Alexander’s full profile.
-I am a social , easygoing and open minded person.
-I like having little talks while drinking a coffee or tea.
-I also like to practise a lot of sports: table tennis, biking, hiking, squash, swimming.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
1. I learned from my Erasmus experience in Bologna (Italy) that the best way to travel is to get in touch with the local people. I think that using couchsurfing is the perfect strategy to achieve this goal.
2. I like to show people around in the city where I grew up (Ghent) and the one where I am currently living in: Mulhouse. I'll take you to the most beautiful spots! Hosting people from other countries is like bringing holiday into your own place!
3. I like to exchange: exchange experiences, competences, humor and knowledge! That's one of the main reasons I recently founded 'Intercambio': -it's a non-profit association that wants to promote exchange between cultures and we will guide volunteers during social projects involving disadvantaged teenagers. First volunteering positition will be in Medellin (Colombia) starting December 2022.
INTERCAMBIO! Join our team!
1. Culture: for example the different behavior between the south and the north of a country, understanding where the Spanish words "siesta" and "tapas" come from, the verlan language in France
2. Sports: I practice table tennis on a semi-professional level. I also like cycling, hiking, squash and swimming.
3. Cinema: many different genres with a preference for crime and gangster movies.
4. The social construction of human behavior: particularly criminal behavior (organized crime, prostitution and drugs) and the strategies to combat them or better said prevent people from getting into this worlds.
- table tennis
Music, Movies, and Books
-Music: Paul Kalkbrenner, the doors, the rolling Stones, klangkarussel, ludovico einaudi, Lana del Rey, solumun, moderat, netsky, paulo nutini, manu chao, selah sue, agnes obel, kruangbin, nils frahm, olafur arnalds,..
-Music genres: depends, it comes in waves: I listened to electroswing for a while, then old rock music, rnb and hiphop, yeah also hardstyle back in the days when I was young, techno and electronic music, disco and funky music period, piano music, Italian music, cuban music,....
-Movies and series: Once upon a time in America, Amélie poulain, goodfellas, the pianist, American beauty , taxi driver, godfather, wolf of wall street, a Bronx tale, blow, better call saul, in bruges, gone girl, Lock stock and two smoking barels, irreversible, y tu maman tambien, la vita e bella, wild tales, gomorrah, narcos, breaking bad, suburra, climax, the gladiator, requiem for a dream, nightcrawler, prisoners, the sopranos, scarface, heat, the departed, donnie brasco, snatch, cidade de deus, enter the void, trainspotting,
-Favourite books: american psycho, the beach, biographies about the rolling stones and the doors, donnie brasco, my brilliant friend, models, read a lot of psychology books, gomorrah, read a lot of geopolitics books these days (August, 2021)
-If you send me a request for hosting: name 3 of your favourite movies so I know you checked my profile properly!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
-December 2017: I cruised the Lanzarote Island for two weeks by bike with as highlight the staying on the litle island "La graciosa". This is an island with only sandy roads, crystal clear water and white beaches.
-december 2019: teaching English to children in (comuna trece) one of the poorest neighbourhoods of Medellín (Colombia)
-September 2021, a three weeks bicycle trip in France, cycling from Basel (Switzerland) to Marseille (French cote d'azur), beautiful nature, nice cities, what do you need more?
-ONE THING THAT HOPEFULLY WILL BE AMAZING but certainly tough as well :) : cycling trip planned from Cairo to Tel Aviv ; starting half of September! Can use all the help!
Teach, Learn, Share
1. Languages: I am fluent in Dutch (mother tongue) and English. Moderate French and Spanish (B2). I also worked as an English teacher (Comuna Trece, 2019)
2. Events: I worked in events as a bartender, waiter, host and stagehand.
3. Social work young people: I currently work in Mulhouse as an educator in the boarding school of the regional sports center of Alsace. I also created a social project called "Squash pour tou-te-s". For more information: https://www.facebook.com/squashpourtousmulhouse
4. Sports: I play table tennis at a semi-professional level and I am also a coach.
5. Receptionist: I worked in two hostels in Colombia as a receptionist and I organized several activities: September 2019: Bogota (BoGohostel), November 2019: Manizales (Kaleidoscopio).
6. Marketing and vidéos: In Medellin I've helped with the promotion of canyoning tours (as an actor, 2019) and in Manizales I acted in a video made to improve the local tourism (2019). To see the video: https://www.facebook.com/amcoppiano.coppiano/videos/624292281649135/UzpfSTEwMDAwMzgxODcyNjg1ODoxNzMwNTQwNTkwNDE2NTQ4/
7. Criminology: I studied criminology at the University of Ghent. I'm specialised in drug prevention and drug policy.
What I Can Share with Hosts
-I can make you my favourite dish: Melanzane alla parmigiana (full of confidence) where I mostly get very good reviews for.
-I can make you laugh for sure! Put a smile on your face. I'm convinced it's one of my biggest qualities, and I'm proud of it.
-I can give you recommendations where to go and what to visit in Colombia (I spend 6 months working and travelling in Colombia).
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Colombia, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mexico, Montenegro, Netherlands, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
Belgium, Colombia, France, Italy