Not Accepting Guests
- Last login almost 4 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see AlexVAN’s full profile. It’s free!
Enjoy where I am while looking forward where I'll be !
How to describe me ?
Always a tricky question so I ask a good friend of mine (an Australian one) to describe me and here's what he says :
"Alex could be seen as paradox !
Very neat and tidy at home but then loves sliding around in the mud on his mountain bike and going camping !
Dresses well, obeys rules and does things by the book but then drives like a madman !
Very knowledgeable, but doesn't show it off.
He's passionate about everything he decides to get interested in, work hard, is very interesting to talk to, and love meeting foreigners !.
A very well rounded package in my opinion."
That is said, I would say on a general basis I think I can be describe as a calm and positive person, no drama here! Someone who is passionate about what he do.
I'm always on going to do somethings, chilling all day is not my taste.
I usually have an active life, always busy doing something.
I can adapt to different situations very well, I'm honest and I talk straight.
I truly think good things comes to good people.
And if your happy and positive, always open to new things and ready to go forwards then life is always eventful and interesting !
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Life is like a coin.
You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once...
So I definitly want to take a part in the CS experience ! I'll be happy to share time with my host to show the city where I live, to cook/eat together, to get out and have fun !
As I'll be travelling soon in Canada I would love to get the same from goodwilling people here on CS.
Before CS I'm used to hostels and backpackers and definitely to sleep on my friend's couchs !
I've just started hosting a few groups of people and it's going very well !
I'll make it easy and just say I like :
- Outdoor sports ! Especially MTB, Ski, Snowboard, Hiking, Canoeing, Camping and more generally exploring the wilderness !
- Ride my bike to discover a new place or just have a breath in the city.
- Having good time with friends,going out and make parties ! I drink socially and I can really adapt depending the people I'm with, from an easy evening at the pub playing darts with friends to an all nite clubbing events !
- Music ! Electronic and more but music all the time !
- I am quite handy so I like to fix or craft things, doing mechanical work on vehicles and more.
- Vintage stuff from cars to goods
- Fashion, design, street art (most of creative fields in fact !)
- street art
- pub crawls
- outdoor activities
Music, Movies, and Books
I listen most of electronic music from electro to dancefloor music. I also listen many other different music as rock, indie, pop and so on !
I'm trying to read more books in English to improve my level, I'm currently reading "Freedom - Jonathan Franzen"
The same for movie and series, I like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones at this time !
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I really love moments when you can say "this is living" ! And I try to get as much as I can of these moments !
- A camping week-end set on a wild beach in Ivory coast (Africa), sleeping 5 meters close to the waves, eating coconut and fruits around the camp fire.
- The greatest snowboard rush I made off-slopes around Chamonix in big powder snow !
- Some great freeride trips on mountain bike, like lost in the moutains.
- Canoe trips with goods friends, feeling like Tom Sawyers, sleeping on a island in the middle of the river.
And so on, so you get it, feeling to part the universe and deeply into the wild outdoors is that leave me awestruck !
Teach, Learn, Share
If someone interested in talking french I would be happy to chat french/english with english native.
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, Italy, Sweden, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Côte d'Ivoire, France, Nigeria