Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 3 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Amy’s full profile. It’s free!
Capturing voices from around the globe! Can I interview YOU? See couch info for details!
Work hard at what you love, and give, give, give.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I've hosted, I've surfed, I hang out with other NYC hosts...all in all, I make it a way of life!
Create your own visitor map!
Official CouchSurfing experience(not including all my other pals who crash at my place/all the friends whose couches I've slept on in the past):
1. Hosted Shanna from Milwakee.
2. Hosted Tristan from Melbourne.
3. Hosted Karl & Stephanie from Illinois.
4. Hosted Hanzi from Salzburg.
5. Hosted Jamie from London.
6. Hosted Kate from Chelyabinsk.
7. Hosted Eva from Vienna.
8. Hosted Fabrice & Damien from Provence.
9. Hosted Nobu from Osaka.
10. Hosted Marcello from Brazil.
11. Hosted Claire from Lyon.
12. Hosted Dan from Vancouver.
13. Hosted Parker from Chicago.
14. Hosted Josiah from India.
15. Hosted Fernando & Andrea from Bogota.
16. Hosted Edan from Sydney.
17. Hosted Sebastiaan and Wendy from Wageningen.
18. Hosted Tammy & Kieran from Auckland.
19. Hosted Daniel from Des Moines.
20. Hosted Michael from Hamburg.
21. Hosted Swantje from Hannover.
22. Hosted Alex & Chrissy from Vienna.
23. Surfed with Hannah in London. Again. :)
24. Surfed with Glen on Inis Mor.
25. Surfed with Maria and Mikael in Dublin.
26. Surfed with Martin in Munich.
27. Surfed with Daniel and Jan in Berlin.
28. Surfed with Michael in Kiel.
29. Surfed with Silas in Copenhagen.
30. Surfed with Martin in Aalborg.
31. Surfed with Aldo in Rotterdam.
32. Hosted Zach from Santa Barbara.
33. Hosted Chris (who is now) from Berlin.
34. Re-Hosted Dan from Vancouver.
35. Hosted Amy from Georgia.
36. Hosted Sandra & David from Dresden.
37. Hosted Edwin from Amsterdam.
38. Hosted Tomas from Jukkasjarvi.
39. Hosted Marielle from Utrecht.
40. Hosted Tim & Kristian from Vejle.
41. Hosted Willy and Mads from Herning.
42. Surfed with Hannah in London (again)!
43. Surfed with Monty in Edinburgh.
44. Surfed with Simon in Inverness.
45. Hosted Martin & Johnny from Aalborg.
46. Hosted Nicole & Eva from Taiwan.
47. Hosted Jesse & Dana from San Fransisco.
48. Hosted Per from Stockholm.
49. Hosted Joao & Pedro from Florida by way of Lisbon.
50. Hosted Parker from Chicago (again!)!
51. Surfed with Parker in Chicago!
52. Surfed with Keith in Boston.
53. Surfed with Eli in Boston.
54. Surfed with Hannah in London (again)!
55. Surfed with Stan in Krakow.
56. Surfed with James in Brighton, UK.
57. Hosted Mae & Andy from Northampton.
Theatre, film, art, photography, costume parties, Shakespeare, yoga, sleep, learning new languages, air conditioning, books, kettlebells, people, bodies of water, puzzles, singing, tea, colorful pens, cupcakes, dresses, ballet & modern dance...I've also recently discovered that drinking alcohol out of dainty teacups ranks quite high on my list of "Things I Enjoy Very Much."
- ballet dancing
Music, Movies, and Books
I'm a huge Hitchcock nut, and as far as other film directors go, I love Bergman, Welles, Fellini, Kurosawa, Godard, Kubrick, and many others. Favorite movies include: Vertigo, Withnail & I, Harold & Maude, Annie Hall, A Woman is a Woman, Le Cercle Rouge, Talk to Her, The Up Series, Rear Window, North by Northwest, Citizen Kane, The Lives of Others, The Freshman (Harold Lloyd), The Apartment, Notorious, Smiles of a Summer Night, The Lord of the Rings films, Modern Times, Sex & Lucia, Gosford Park, A Clockwork Orange, The Double Life of Veronique...A few writers I love include: Dostoevsky, Wharton, Hardy, the Brontes, Shakespeare, Pinter, O'Neill, Williams, Miller...I read a lot, and fairly widely, but I spend a ton of time re-reading plays and memorizing lines, which is a different kind of fun...Music is a wide variety! Jazz, musicals, classical (Grofe, Liszt, Dvorak, Stravinsky, and others), classic rock, especially Janis Joplin (loveloveLOVE her!), Queen and The Beatles, Regina Spektor (I start listening to one of her albums, and I cannot STOP!)...I don't know, I really like tons of music. Though I don't know a lot of contemporary stuff. Plus I sing.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Sat around a campfire on Cape Cod singing Tibetan drinking songs before skinnydipping in the bay...Jumped into a fountain in Paris...Went on the floor of the NY Stock Exchange, where tourists don't get to go.......Danced atop the cliffs of Inis Mor......Gotten drunk and eaten late night pasta at a movie star's apartment...Learned to deadlift...
Teach, Learn, Share
If you want play/musical recommendations while you're in town, let me know! I'm picky, and also can usually find fairly cheap tickets.
I know a disgusting amount of musical theatre, as well as a large number of plays. I know Shakespeare really well - if you need help with scansion, I'm all over it! I've read a number of Hitchcock bios in addition to having seen almost all of his 54 films at least once or five million times. If you'd like to know something about Eugene O'Neill, if I don't know it off the top of my head, I could possibly find it in my notes. I dunno how interested anyone is in that, but oh well.
I would love to learn ANYTHING someone was willing to teach, especially languages. But really, anything that will broaden my world and life experience! I'm getting more adventurous by the day, so my list entitled, "No way I'd be stupid enough to try that," is getting shorter and shorter.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I have a lot of enthusiasm to spare, so I'm happy to share that! I love conversation and meeting new people. I'm a singer, so I'm always good to go out for some karaoke and share a night of epic singing. And if my hosts have any requests for little trinkets from or tastes of NYC that I can fit in my carry-on, I would LOVE to bring you a little something.
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, Denmark, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Tanzania, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In