Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 6 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Anaïs’s full profile. It’s free!
Well, like everyone on this website, i enjoy travelling and meeting people! There's one saying that describes me well (in french only, sorry): Les voyages sont la partie frivole de la vie des gens sérieux, et la partie sérieuse de la vie des gens frivoles.
As a history and geography teacher, travelling is the best way for me to keep learning about other cultures and countries. I used to find opportunities to work and study abroad, in order to learn new languages and to have enough time to "immerge" in the new culture. I decided lately to concentrate on my career, putting aside my trips around the world for a while, but I still love hosting couchsurfers... it's a way for me to keep travelling! (anyway, as a teacher, I have a lot of holidays, so I keep planning "short" trips)
I have a very dangerous addiction, other than travelling: drinking tea. I think it's better you know it. ;)
If you haven't heard about the legendary Quebec feminists, you must get prepared cos I'm one of them!
I wanna share whatever i can share, learn whatever i can learn and i wanna contribute to create a huge solidarity network. :D
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I host when i'm not travelling, and i surf when i am travelling! Hosting is a real pleasure, since it's a way for me to share experiences, knowledges and... cooking skills with people from all around the world!!
I've hosted quite a few people since last year and it's been always nice. Unfortunately, I can't host as much as last year because I work a lot this year. But I consider every single request.
I've had so many nice experiences now... Since Chile, where I've got my first experience of being hosted by this wonderful couple, I became addicted to CS!
I'm a host, a guest, a friend to go out with, and I love the new experiences it brings!
Human sciences: history, geography (of course!) sociology, political sciences...
Litterature: French, latinamerican litterature... seriously, I read every book that is on my way.
Arts: theater, visual arts, modern dance, cinema
And speaking spanish. I love speaking spanish, and I loooove argentinian accent.
- political science
- study abroad
- visual arts
Music, Movies, and Books
Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Boris Vian, Romain Gary, Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt. I also really enjoy latinamerican and russian litterature!
Anyway, I read pretty much everything!
Lhasa de Sela, Ariane Moffatt, James Morrison, Aventura, Colbie Caillat, Devendra Banhart, Florence K, Jean Leloup, Jem, Metric, Victoria Abril, Muse, etc.
The Red Violin, Paradise Lost, La vita è bella, Ben X... i love international cinema!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
MMm let me think...
- Travelling the mediterannean coast in Turkey on a scooter during a whole week, snorkelling in cristal blue water every morning, heading to archaeological desert spots every afternoon.
- Oktoberfest 2010 in Munich... don't ask for details, I don't remember! ;)
- A 3-day expedition in Torres del Paine, a natural park in Chile. The most amazing landscapes i've ever seen...
- Having a hot bath in geysers thermal water at 6am when it's -15.
- Hitchhiking in Portugal in the Serra de Estrella.
- Teaching history to adorable kids in the suburbs of Paris and in two high schools in Germany.
- Camping on the North Coast of Quebec, next to the sea, and being waken up by the sound of whales breathing all night long.
- Driving 8000km on the namibian bumpy roads, enjoying a wonderful and very changing lanscape, stopping often to let elephants, girafes, springboks (and so on) cross the road.
- Fishing in the fjords of Norway (i got THREE bog fishes!!)
- .... well, i think that's enough!!
Teach, Learn, Share
French, english, spanish (but only for beginners!) and mmm... Quebec history and geography!?! I probably can teach how to cook, i haven't poisened myself yet so..
Spanish, german, dance... and whatever it's possible to learn!
Food. Music. Stories.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Guatemala, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Namibia, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Zimbabwe
Countries I’ve Lived In
Canada, France, Germany