Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 11 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Yurii’s full profile.
Note #0: Be wise! Take a swimsuit while coming to Tallinn and I will take you to the sauna and jacuzzis. Don't ruin your experience by making such a terrible mistake!
Open-minded adventure time seeker. Sauna and ice-bathing fanboy. Master of showing around and chilling together.
I like an intensity. A few years traveling became my passion and the main drive of stepping out of comfort zone, and I started to spend most of the spare time on traveling and getting ready for new trips. I expected to visit a single country that year, but it escalated quickly and I`ve traveled to 19 countries in 2017, mostly solo and hitchhiking at cold nights, under the rain or aggressive sun. I have learned to trust my life and home to strangers who were usually very kind to me.
I was born and grew up in Ukraine, the country I truly like and enjoy my every visit back home. Ask me if I still have some nice chocolate candies with sesame. Most likely I don't because I have eaten them all hehe(evil laugh)
Recently I moved to Tallinn in Estonia to work here. You are especially welcome to during the cold and dark winters.
I prefer to host rather than being hosted. I'm too lazy to write all these nice requests, which you send me. I appreciate it and do my best to accept all if I can! Also, I'm lazy to read the long ones so keep it concise :D
While traveling, I always prefer to do CS, because it is the best way to discover the city, the culture and the people. Apart from that, you are able to enjoy and have a different experience with locals.
Occasionally I post my travel pictures on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yurii_andrusiak/
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
1. Find my travel buddies for Asia/Latin America/ round-the-world trips.
2. Payback the hospitality I got from other people
3. Offer some gin tonic/borsch to you if available or/and grab beers outside
Also, I'd love to learn about other countries, cultures, life stories but the above-mentioned reasons are dominating!
Travelling, hitchhiking, snowboarding, kayaking, photography, history, cultures, languages, nature and computer science
- adventure sports
- wifi search
Music, Movies, and Books
The Game of Thrones
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Hitchhiked around the Baltic Sea during the week
- Survived on Chinese TV show
- Climbed the Great Wall of China. That was freakin' amazing!
- Stuck on border for a whole night and got to the airport 5 min before the gate's been closed thanks to hitchhiking
Teach, Learn, Share
- I can cook for you some national dishes like the borsch, a delicious Ukrainian beetroot soup with cabbage and meat. That's my favorite!
- I can give you hitchhiking tips.
- I can show you the difference between the Estonian and Ukrainian hug
- I can show you some spoilers from the Game of Thrones HAHAHAH (evil laugh)
I would love to learn
- Spanish, Portuguese
What I Can Share with Hosts
Experiences, things related to my culture or the places I have been.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, Estonia, Hungary, Ukraine