- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Annemieke’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm working as a small animal veterinarian. In my spare time I like to hang out with friends, play board/card games (addicted to Ticket to Ride at the moment), do sports, watch movies and do some cooking/baking. I - offcourse - love travelling to see other fascinating parts of the world and to get to know people from different cultures. Favorite trips so far: experiencing the beautiful nature of New Zealand, Australia and Costa Rica, being a volunteer in Bosnia and Romania en I also love going on snowboard holidays. And I'm really excited to go to South America for a few months next year!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I got enthousiastic about couchsurfing because of a friend who regularly hosted people and we had some great evenings all together. The last two years have been really busy doing my internships, so unfortunately I didn't have the chance to do a lot of couchsurfing/hosting yet. I very much like the concept of it so I'm looking forward to more opportunities!
Spending time with friends, (veterinary) medicine, people, animals, travelling, nature, food, games, (outdoor) sports.
- outdoor activities
- scuba diving
Music, Movies, and Books
Books: mainly thrillers (Greg Iles, Simone van der Vlugt, Suzanne Vermeer, Esther Verhoef), sometimes a chicklit (I know, I should be ashamed of myself.. :P)
Movies: Zwartboek, Haar naam was Sarah, The boy in the striped pyamas, Blood diamond, Slumdog millionaire, Serendipity, The notebook, Despicable me, ...
Also love watching Masterchef and Big Bang Theory!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- New Zealand! My first backpacking trip on my own, it was great to meet so many people and the whole country is just so amazing!!
- Australia.. diving the Great Barrier Reef, sleeping in swags in the Outback, sailing around the Whitsunday Islands, skydiving @ Mission Beach
- Working with orphans and gypsies in Romania
- Working with stray animals in Bosnia
- Travelling Costa Rica: hiking the Chirripo, feeling alone in the world, having dinner in a natural hot spring, almost being trapped in the rainforest because of all the rain (although the great feeling was mostly when we arrived back safely ;))
- Bareback and bridleless riding in the forest with my horse
- Snowboarding all day and having lunch in the snow under a clearblue sky
Teach, Learn, Share
I'd be happy to share my home, show you around Utrecht, cook a traditional meal together and introduce you to the Dutch culture! I love to get to know people, go outside or having a cup of tea, exchanging stories and learning things you'd never had thought about before..
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Panama, Poland, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Netherlands, United Kingdom