Maybe Accepting Guests
- 50% response rate
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Arsene’s full profile. It’s free!
Mindfully and open-heartly exploring the unknown
I'm a 27-yr-old guy from St Petersburg, Russia. I'm now planning a sabbatical month? year? decade? life? after going through a five-year-long series of exciting, inspiring and exhaustive jobs and projects that brought me a lot of new friends and good memories, but at the same time left me more and more uncertain about my way and purpose in life. I consider myself a "citizen of the world" and hope to see around lots of open-minded, kind-hearted, creative and cooperative people - and at the same time now I'm seeking for aloneness and enough time to have a new pair of eyes on the world around - and within - me.
"The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience."
The more I live, the less I understand.
Don't speak if it doesn't change silence for the better.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I'm just back to St Petersburg from the first 1.5 month trip in Georgia/Armenia. During my trip, I have met lots of kind-hearted and welcoming people who were incredibly kind to me. This attitude is soomething worth passing it on.
More as of a guest than as of a host (travelled quite extensively in Georgia, Armenia, France and - somewhat - in Russia), but you know what to do to shift the balance!
Well... in fact, lots of, so let me list top 5:
1) Urban studies, urban history, projects and utopias;
2) Arts (especially street/public/land art), dancing and body awareness practices (Contact Improvisation, Somatics, Authentic movement);
5) Personal (and transpersonal) development and spiritual growth, especially in Ken Wilber's Integral framework;
6) By the way, where are 3) and 4)?
Music, Movies, and Books
Herman Hesse, Vladimir Nabokov, JRRT and JK Rowling:), Albert Camus, Joseph Brodsky, Kurt Vonnegut, "Shantaram" by G.D.Roberts, and! - oh yes! - "Beyond Civilization" and "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn; Ken Wilber's works are one of the strongest impressions of last years; also a great deal of non-fiction books on urbanization and global trends.
Music: from Rachmaninov to Metallica
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Yet to come
Teach, Learn, Share
1) I love dancing Contact Improvisation and all kinds of spontaneous dances. Feel free to invite me :)
2) I love discussing serious things with people and hope to be a good interlocutor with those who value meaningful conversation.
3) While I'm in St Pete, I can be a decent guide. I even earn money with guided tours, but if you ever get to be my CS guest, a tour or two is free of charge.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I have a spare sofa in the living room + a folding bed (less comfortable though), and all the basic household appliances. Just be nice and it's all yours to use. =)
Countries I’ve Visited
Armenia, France, Georgia, Germany, Ukraine
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, Russian Federation