Not Accepting Guests
- 92% response rate
- Last login 12 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Anton Valur’s full profile. It’s free!
1) PLEASE READ THE "MY HOME" SECTION
2) DON'T send a message. Request = dates. I need dates to keep track of things. Thanks.
3) Please make a minimum amount of effort in your request. Why do you think we'll click? What makes you interested in me? What makes you interesting? CS should be >80% interpersonal relations, <20% a place to sleep
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
--- Winter is coming ... from Aug 22 2017 till end of May 2018 I'll probably only host on weekends, if at all. Medical school + extracurricular activities = BUSY. I might make exceptions if I feel like it and I'm especially inclined to make exceptions for fellow medical students and/or doctors. That might seem unfair to some, but I make my own rules here :). Also, I very much do prefer to host single travelers (single as in "not a group", I don't care about your relationship status), sometimes 2-3 at a time since I think that makes for a much better host-guest dynamic. ---
Because it's fun. Also, since I started this long-ass medical school journey of mine I neither have as much money nor time to travel as before, perhaps hosting will allow some armchair traveling :)
- See and hear: Travel, music, learning.
- Do: Cooking, hiking, biking (engine+muscle driven, anything on two wheels really).
- Speak: Rhymin' 'n' schemin', languages. Philosophical discussions when the mood strikes me.
Other: Science, tech, the human body (*wrarr*). I'm really into entrepreneurship as well, with my business background, though I haven't really done anything myself I'd love to discuss your own endeavours. I also consider musicians and other artists to be entrepreneurs in their own right.
Music, Movies, and Books
Really into music though I don't play any instruments (yet at least). I tend to go for hip-hop/rap, rock, soul/blues and Icelandic music (I love the music scene here!). On odd days I also listen to metal, jazz and more though I don't care all that much about a specific genre per se. If I dig the music, I'm happy.
Movies, TV series and books are more of a passing thing for me. I do enjoy them for sure but they don't really affect me the same way music does. Music can really transform my mood in a single song or two.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1) Camino de Santiago in 2011: Camino Frances (780km hike from St. Jean-Pied-de-Port in France to Santiago de Compostela in Spain in 30 days) - amazing experience, amazing people.
2) Training for search & rescue volunteering (from 2013). Now a full time member, yay \o/ (from 2016)
- again, great people, a great experience. See: https://youtu.be/OjLckM-OtQo
3) One month exchange in the ED (A&E for you Brits and former colonies) in Casablanca, Morocco june 2017.
Saharan desert trip in Morocco same month. Sleeping under the stars on the way.
4) All the trips I've made have been educational and matured me in some way or another.
Teach, Learn, Share
# Probably something medicine related, like auscultating your heart murmurs before they kill you.
# Travel tips and pointers.
# I'd really like to get into meditation, mindfulness etc., so I'd appreciate some pointers.
# If you have taken dancing classes or are a professional ... teach me some moves!
# Additionally I'd like to improve my Spanish and learn French!
# Food and drinks. Smiles and laughter. Conversations. Pie
What I Can Share with Hosts
Gifts from Iceland (e.g. food, alcohol, candy).
Hopefully return the favor should you need a host in Iceland.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Laos, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Iceland, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Spain