Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login about 3 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see David’s full profile. It’s free!
A proud Kansan by birth, I journeyed west to learn how to surf while attending UCSD. Using secret Eagle Scout powers, I survive on treks into the wilderness. Standing 6'6" tall, I jump really high :P.
I enjoy hiking, kayaking, cycling, backpacking, basketball, playing piano, mountaineering, rock climbing, snowboarding, live music, entrepreneurship, traveling, and having new adventures and experiences I've never had before.
I have several websites if you'd like to learn more about me:
I've just wrapped up a 3.5 year motorcycle trip where I traveled 42,000 miles from Seattle => Tierra del Fuego Argentina and back up through Brazil passing through every Latin American country (minus Venezuela). You can see a map of all the places I visited in South America with my Spotwalla link (https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=4fc75005d40844ac2 -- click Adjustments then pick 5 year history) I returned to the United States in May of 2015. Now I'm focused on building new businesses (e-commerce websites and mobile applications) that I hope will have the capacity to change the world.
I think it's important to be upfront and direct to avoid awkward situations that can sometime arise in CouchSurfing. I'm straight and only interested in women. I have no problem with whatever your sexuality might be.
"Love what you do."
"Now is all you have."
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a 1000 as a lamb."
"The world is like a book, those who never travel read only one page."
manejar mi moto desde Seattle, EE.UU. ==> Argentina, y luego regresar a través de Uruguay, Brasil, Paraguay y Venezuela (drive my motorcycle from USA => Argentina & back through Venezuela)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I have used CouchSurfing to find places to stay and connect with locals on this epic motorcycle trip. I've only hosted one person, but I hope when I have my own place again I can host everyone who has hosted me, and host other travelers from around the world.
I enjoy hiking, kayaking, cycling, backpacking, basketball, playing piano, live music, entrepreneurship, traveling, and having new adventures and experiences I've never had before.
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: The Game
Book: Ender's Game
Music: Johnny Cash / Beatles / The Grateful Dead / Metric / RJD2 / AltJ
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Siem Reap Cambodia and the temples of Angkor Wat.
Careterra Austral in Southern Chile
Crossing the Panama Canal in a sailboat
Hiking through the Peruvian Mountains
Teach, Learn, Share
What I Can Share with Hosts
1) I can share some crazy stories about what it's like riding your motorcycle across two continents over 3.5 years of your life, and living to tell about it. I've had the good fortune to visit 40 countries during my years on this planet, and love swapping travel tales.
2) I speak conversational Portuguese and Spanish and would love to practice with you.
3) I started playing the acoustic guitar two months ago, so as long as you accept my skill level as slightly better than terrible, I'd love to play for you.
4) I love cooking -- and I'd love to make a dish for you.
5) I love any and all physical activities --- we can go for a bike ride, play basketball, swimming, or anything outdoors.
Countries I’ve Visited
Countries I’ve Lived In