Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 5 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Bernd’s full profile. It’s free!
Explore South Africa and everything it has to offer!
I'm a adventurous, open-minded, easy going and fun guy ... I love doing all kinds of sports including extrem/adventure sports. You could say I'm an adrenalin junkie ;). I'm also very spontaneous and there's nothing more exciting and fun than meeting new people and sharing a great time together ...
I have done quite a bit of traveling already ... travelled 2 years around the world, shorter trips here and there and now I am traveling through Southern Africa for 3 month.
Don't waste your energy on things that happened in the past, things you can't change and what might happen in the future ... instead use the energy you have on things you CAN CHANGE, present events, friends/family and having a great life - Live is too short, don't waste it !!
Also don't make too many plans, sometimes you just have to follow your instinct and your heart ... when I travelled I kinda developed a "let's do it" attitude. In life you come across a huge amount of opportunities, don't think too much whether you should do it or not - JUST DO IT ... you will notice that it changes your behaviour and mood, you will experience much more being this spontanous ;)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
My primary goal is to see the whole world, meet as many people as possible and share experiences and cultures. If you're around near my current location and need some help or you're just interested in a fun time - LET ME KNOW. I'm more than happy to help out and have a laugh together
I'm really glad to have experienced a lot of the couchsurfing spirit and awesomeness ;) I've been to many meetings and gained a lot of CS friends around the world. I love how everyone is so open minded, trustworthy and helpful. I can only try to pass forward all the tips and great experiences I collected on my trip. And that's my goal !!
sports/adventure sports, cooking/food, music, dancing, movies/series, friends, partying, learning about different cultures, adventures, scuba diving and of course TRAVELING ...
- scuba diving
Music, Movies, and Books
Actually I hear quite a lot music from different genres ... The Fray, Phoenix, Incubus, Bloc Party, kings of Leon, Kilians, some German rock bands ... Justin Timberlake, Pharell Williams, Usher ... Sven Väth, Karotte ... and of course ... Salsa and Latin music
Some of my favorite films: Old School, Hangover, Seven Pounds, Into the Wild, Transformers, Braveheart, The Green Mile, Inception, Avatar
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Some of the great things I've done in the last couple of years:
- Attended a 110km long race through north Sweden
- Jumped out of a plane in about 4000 meters height ^^
- Rafting and Canyoning in the Alps (Switzerland)
- learned scuba diving in the great barrier reef
- lived with a nudist for a little while ^^
- been to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world
- climbed up some vulcanos and even boarded one down in Nicaragua
- walked through some stunning rice terraces in Bali with a local guide and NO tourist ;)
- worked on a concert tour around the amazingly beautiful country called New Zealand
- climbed the 'Mount Doom' of the Lord of the Rings
- Experienced the thrill of a 134m Bungyjump
- hiked up Machu Picchu, my first World Wonder ;)
- took a horse ride around the pyramids of Giza on a layover in Egypt
- played paintball in one of Pablo Eacobars mansions outside Medellin
But the most amazing thing I've done so far is leaving Germany to go on a 21 month long travel all over the world ^^ - so this list will never end ....
Teach, Learn, Share
* to live without risk is to risk not living
* we don't see the things as they are, we see them as we are !!
* you can be your worst enemy but also your greatest ally ... Use it to your advantage
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Fiji, France, Guatemala, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand