Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Boriana’s full profile. It’s free!
travel around the world, meet new friends
I am a happy and outgoing person. I am blessed to have a great family, good job, many firends, and an exciting life.
I believe that only people and experiences can make you happy. Therefore, what I cherish most in life are my many firends and unforgettable memories. Material things (other than the ones you need for basic comfort) are like anchors - they hold you down and restrict your freedom. I like to travel light though life.
I like interacting with people from different cultures. I absolutely love traveling! I have been to 71 countries and plan to go to as many as I can in the near future.
In 2009 - 2010 I fulfilled one of my life-long dreams - to travel around the world. After a year on the road and a lot of amazing experiences I returned home.
You can check some photos and stories on my travel blog:
visited 70 states (31.1%)Create your own visited map of The World
And I also would love to see more of the US:
visited 21 states (42%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Like this? try: Eddie the DJ
Life is a book, and the ones who do not travel read only one page.
Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
I always try to find the best in people and appreciate each persons unique perspective, character and values. I am open minded and do not judge people. Everybody has the right be happy and live their life as they want.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
My best travel adventures were meeting the great CS people all over the world. This gave me the unique chance to experience life from the perspective of locals. Now, I am looking forward to repaying the kindess to travellers visitting Dallas.
On my around the world trip I spent 3 months in Africa, 1 month in Egypt and Jordan in the Middle East, 6 months in Asia, and 2 months in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji and 60-70% of the time I was Couch Surfing. I have hosted several people here in Dallas and looking forward to more.
Love the ocean, mountains, outdoors. My hobbies include sailing, windsurfing,scuba diving, skiing, snowboarding, camping, hiking, tennis. If it's active and fun I have either done it, or I'd like to try it.
- outdoor activities
- scuba diving
Music, Movies, and Books
Pink Floyd, ABBA, Queen, Leonard Cohen, jazz, New Age, world music
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
* Reaching the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro
* Hiking to Everest base camp in the Himalayas, Nepal
* Sailing a dhow boat in Zanzibar at sunset
* Skydiving in Lake Taupo, New Zealand
* Scuba diving in Borneo, Malaysia and the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
* Rafting the class 5 rapids of the White Nile in Uganda and Zambezi river in Zimbabwe
* Sailing in a feluca on the Nile in Egypt
* Walking with lions in Zimbabwe
* Gorge swing (and all other adrenaline stuff) in Victoria Falls - the most scary thing I have ever done!
* Cruising in a mokoro in the Okavango Delta, Botsana, where an elephant visited our camp on the island.
* Horseback riding with the Bedouins in Wadi Rum desert in Jordan enjoying their incredible hospitality
* Skiing 66.7 miles per hour down the slopes of Crested Butte, Colorado
* Participating in the Rio de Janeiro Carnival with the group that won 1st place!
Teach, Learn, Share
Want to try the local dish, drink, learn a dance and a song from each country I visit.
Can teach you to make the best meatballs, a Bulgarian folk dance and song, or any of my favorite sports.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, China, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, Fiji, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Laos, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam, Zimbabwe
Countries I’ve Lived In
Bulgaria, Cyprus, United Kingdom, United States